“Nice Place to have a bite”
Review of Los Girasoles

Los Girasoles
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Tapalpa
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Lovely Restaurant, Excellent Food, Great Ambiance
Description: Lovely Restaurant, Excellent Food, Great Ambiance
“Nice Place to have a bite”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Los girasoles is a very nice place, with calm live music and great mexican food. I would definetely recomend if visiting Tapalpa.

• Visited May 2013

Parksville, Canada
“An Oasis!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

After a hard day's hike in the heat to El Salto del Nogal (waterfall) with a tour guide from Colores Tapalpa (http://www.colorestapalpa.mx) my daughter and I wanted a special meal in a relaxed environment. We chose "Los Girasoles" and were not disappointed.

From the moment we walked in, we felt calm and cool with the low lighting and water feature. For appetizers, we selected a spinach mushroom salad and tortilla soup. The salad was a pleasant surprise; it was warm and the flavours were amazing!

Main course was trout and chicken. Both meals were ones to be savoured. A candle was added to our table and as the natural light faded, we enjoyed the ambience of a special dining experience.

Exeter, New Hampshire
“disappointing”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

don't know about my fellow travelers but I do not like having to write a really bad review, but.....
According to Trip advisor this is the best restaurant in Tapalpa, so we went. We asked for a marguerite on the rocks, back came crushed ice etc.
the waiter then took our order, he wrote my wife's order then disappeared, so we asked him to come back and take mine. He told me the steak and salad I wanted was not available, but the steak mexicana, or steak a la plancha was available. I ordered the steak mexicana , medium which he wrote down and left.
my wife's chicken was served, and it was a thin piece of chicken over cooked and stringy, and ten minutes went by and we asked the waiter what happened to my steak. he came back and said steak mexicana was not available, but steak asada was...? so we left.
they apologized, but too late.
The decor is great , but if i ever return I would order something they cannot mess up, maybe a bottle of beer.

Marlborough, MA
“Fair and out if many things”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went here to eat on a Friday around 8:00 and we were one of two tables eating here. They have a wine list but many of the bottles they did not have. They were out if the trout. Started with the tortilla soup and it was fair. Ended up with chili rellenos and enchiladas for our main dishes. They were ok but nothing to go back for. My other issue was that our main dishes did not come out together. I was almost done when our other dish came out.

Something must have changed based on the other good reviews. I would go somewhere else.

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
“Excellent Place”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

That day we almost had breakfast in "La Troje", just around the corner from Los Girasoles, but we had already had lunch there the day before and we did not have the best service from La Troje's waitress, so after being lured by the guitar music and the sound of water splashing from the fountain, we just had to go inside. It was around 9am and we were the only ones there, so our waitress did do her job well. After looking at the menu, I did find it a bit lame, in great contrast with the great settings, but after taking a bite of what the menu simply called "quesadillas", I have to say the wording in the menu did not do much justice to our meals. Those quesadillas were just great! I did find the fruit and yogurt dish unjustifiably expensive. 70 pesos for just fruit and yogurt was more than the price of some of the main breakfast entrées.
If you're looking for one quite place to spend a romantic morning with your significant other, this is the place to be. I can't describe with words the peace that comes from sipping a delicious "café de olla" while looking at all the decorations that belong in a small Mexican Hacienda.
If you're looking to have one great meal, well... I think you can spend less on chilaquiles somewhere else. Having said that, I must also say you just can't miss eating at this very alluring place during your visit to Tapalpa.

• Visited November 2012