“Can't wait for next time ...”

Ocean Quest Adventure Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Newfoundland's only one stop Scuba and Adventure Shop! Ocean Quest consists of a Retail Shop, Bed and Breakfast, a breathtaking view of Conception Bay and ocean inspired spa. It is a 5 Star PADI Scuba Training facility with a pool on site, and we offer many different Scuba packages. Ocean Quest Adventures offers public and private boat charters of Conception Bay, kayaking tours, historic tours, whale watching tours, as well as the opportunity to snorkel with humpback whales!
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Can't wait for next time ...”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had an incredible time diving the wrecks in Conception Bay and I can't wait to get back to do it again.

The hospitality offered by the whole group at OQ was great and staying at the lodge really made the whole trip perfect.

Thanks very much to Rick and the whole family.

2 Thank TylerCaughill

Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Whale Close Encounter Tour”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I took the Close Encounter Whale Tour with Ocean Quest in July 2013. This was one of the best adventures I had. Not only did we find whales, and get really close to them, but I jumped in the water to snorkel with them. The driver and guide were top-notch professionals, they knew where to take us and gave us great advice. They also had concern for the environment and the whales. I will truly not forget this trip.

2 Thank EricCohen
Lindsay, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“More than we ever imagined!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I were on the same trip as Leann H and we still marvel at her amazing pics. This excursion was to celebrate my 50th birthday and I will remember this milestone birthday as the most memorable. We were so close to these whales and we were able to stay in the water with the whales for at least 35 minutes. The crew were friendly, helpful and it was obvious that they were genuinely excited with the length of time the whales stayed with us and seemed to "play" in our midst. The staff were knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable and safe right away. This was definitely the highlight of our trip to St. John's and I highly recommend the chance to see these majestic mammals up close, we are still talking about it!

1 Thank LindsayCdngirl
Salt Spring Island, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“It doesn't get better than swimming with whales!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been fortunate to encounter dolphins and whales around the world, and the set-up at Ocean Quest is second to none. The team are friendly and professional, the accommodation is cosy and very comfortable, and the whale tour is professional, respectful and - when the whale show up - utterly unmissable! Forty-five minutes in the calm North Atlantic waters (even if it is just 7 or 8 degrees, the wetsuits keep you snug and toasty) with two playful humpbacks...life doesn't get better than this!

2 Thank Jason C
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I did an Advanced Open Water Diver course with John Mac. as my instructor and it was amazing. He is extremely competent and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole experience.

The equipment was in great conditions, the staff members were kind and helpful and the dive sites were incredible.

All in all it was truly was a great experience.

Thank you!