“Excellent”
Review of Savvy - CLOSED

Savvy
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Was there on Aug 1 and the sandwiches were excellent. Its a shame they are so far from town as I'd go back often.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I've visited this place numerous times since they have opened. Maybe 15 times. Savvy primarily offers a healthy alternative in cbs area opposed to standard greedy spoon joints found in the area. Overall I've seen that the menu offers a number of items that seem interesting and really tasty. Sometimes the food is good and other times it fall a little short. Sometimes the pasta sauce or the seafood chowder is runny and bland, but not always. The sweet potato fries have always been really good. However the most frustrating issue I have had with this restaurant is that when u call in to place an order they never seem to have anymore of what u want to order. I can understand once in a blue-moon but around 1 out of 3 times when I call they don't have what your looking for "all out" "just sold the last one". When ur in the mood for ribs or a beef sandwich, u don't want to have to change your order at the last minute every time for something u don't really want.

All staff I have delt with are kind and friendly.
Restaurant operates as delivery and take out primarily. However they do have a small seating area to eat-in.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I've eaten at Savvy twice, although if it wasn't so close to my house, I probably wouldn't have gone back. I was very excited to try it and was disappointed, if not frustrated, by my experiences. I'm super easy to please when it comes to food, but I had not-so-great experiences with this place. The first time I went I had an inside-out burger and fries (a special for about $15, which I thought wasn't a bad price). The burger was a bland ball of rubbery meat, and there wasn't much on the inside- maybe half a tablespoon of cheddar cheese in the middle of the burger. I would have missed it if I wasn't looking for it after almost half the burger was gone. The fries were very soggy due to the condensation build up on the inside of the styrofoam container (after, maybe, a 3 minute walk home). The next time I had the chicken fettucini alfredo. I asked if it came with a side and the girl said, "Of course", so I thought $14 was a fantastic price. However, she charged me $9 for a full caesar salad. When I explained that I thought it came with a side she said, "Oh, it does, a full caesar is $9". I'm not sure she understands what "comes with a side" means. I didn't mind the price, but I found it annoying that I was misinformed. When I got home, I realized that the girl had put my pasta container in my bag sideways and handed it to me so that the container was upside down-- there was alfredo sauce leaking out of the bag all over my passenger seat-- super infuriating. After a cleaning spree, I found that the pasta was swimming in a very thin, tasteless alfredo sauce and was accompanied by maybe 4 small pieces of chicken and a lone piece of red pepper (I'm not even sure if it was supposed to be in there). The caesar salad might have been the worst I've ever eaten-- wilted, yellowed leaves, maybe a teaspoon of runny dressing and very soggy, mushy croutons (soggy from condensation, not from dressing). My boyfriend, who will eat everything, couldn't choke it down. It was the first time I've ever thrown out a full caesar salad. I'm hoping maybe these are just kinks that need to be worked out because the idea of upscale-ish food to go is a great one.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Best restaurant in Conception Bay South. Every item I've tried is excellent, and I've tried almost all items on their menu.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Delicious, affordable... So yummy!! They have amazing different soups of the day...
I highly recommend Savvy!
Can't wait to try the new location!