“Overpriced”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ontario, Canada
“Overpriced”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We recently ate at the Grandview. We had the Sampler Platter for 2. You get an assortment of seafood plus 2 entrees for $88. We have eaten this meal in the past and had really enjoyed it. This time, the amount of seafood was drastically cut back. For instance, we got only 2 scallops each. The food was well prepared and tasty, what there was of it. The people at the next table had the same meal but they ordered the lamb as an entree. The lamb was so tough and stringy that they couldn't eat it. Our service was prompt and friendly. We sat outside. The view, as always, was great. Chi-Cheemaun came by as we ate. The meal was not good value for the price that we paid. We would go back but would simply have a regular entree for our meal.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank vagabondoug

Mississauga, Canada
“Very Overpriced”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The food is generally good, but for this price should be better. Nice views from the patio, service can be slow if busy. I would rate it higher if the prices were not so high.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Scoobabums
Toronto, Canada
“"Amazing food, great view"”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My fiance and I have been here a few of times, the food is great. The service was good and the view is beautiful. I brought my parents and they thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I would highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Hit or Miss Dining!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Without question, the setting is lovely but the food itself was odd in that it either was very good or very bad!! There were 5 in our party and everyone experienced the same thing. This unpredictability of the food together with the high prices & a very rude waitress who tried to stop me from going to the bathroom inside (I guess she thought I just walked off the street, nevertheless she was pretty rude to me & was rather loud in a pretty packed room), I'm rating this as an overall, terrible experience & I certainly don't need to pay the high prices to get humiliated!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kai-HT
Fort Myers, FL
“Wonderful view and food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were visiting relatives in Ontario and they took us to Tobermory, a delightful small port city on the tip of the Bruce Peninsula where Lake Huron meets the Georgian Bay. We tried to get a reservation for the Grandview Hotel but were unable to do so, but the restaurant is open to the public on a first come basis from 5:00 to 9:00. We arrived about 6:15 and were seated immediattely on the patio with a wonderful view of the water where we watched the ferry from Manitoulin Island dock as we were dining. The menu is small but features local fish-lake trout and whitefish when we were there. The preparation was wonderful and the service was excellent. Not inexpensive, but well worth it for both the food and the view.

• Visited August 2012