All reviewsthird floorhotel restaurantlarge balconycontinental breakfasttub harbourgreat hotel and locationlookout towergreat location and friendly staffbeer storethe air conditioningduring peak seasonblue heronrestaurants and shopsthe main stripnice roomwater pressurenational park
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Nice little hotel on the main strip . . . . Clean and friendly. Although you can hear every footstep above and beside you. The restaurant was adequate and reasonably priced. Would go back . . Off season

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Lesley A
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Stayed at the Princess hotel overnight prior to the dinner cruise on the MS Chi Che-man. The dinner cruise was cancelled due to bad weather so hung around Tobermoray for the evening. Most places were closed in the town due to the late time of year, however the restaurants that were open were very busy.

The Princess hotel is very convenient for most things in town, but the hotel itself is very basic and getting tired. Front desk staff were not the friendliest or welcoming, but the dinning room staff were accommodating and friendly.

The hotel room is just a step up from a motel room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the harbour. These Rooms have a decent balcony and good view of the harbour and bay.
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Our terrible interaction with the Princess Hotel nearly ruined the fun birthday weekend I had planned for my husband. There was a marathon on town for the weekend, so most hotels were booked. I called Princess to check their availability, and they said their hotel was booked but one of their cabins was available. My husband and I hesitantly booked the place since it seemed like it was our only option, and the woman on the phone seemed nice.

When we arrived at Princess, the staff was not being friendly with the guests in front of us. I had talked to Dory several times on the phone, so she was quite polite with us, but another woman behind the counter was short with all of people waiting. We were given a list of rules about the cabin including "do not move around the furniture!" The rule struck me as odd, but I assumed maybe people would stay in the cabin with large families. You almost must clean up after yourself including bringing your own towels, sweeping, and bringing your trash back to the main hotel. That's a lot of expectations for $185/night, but we didn't know where else to go.

When we arrived at the cabin, I had a bad vibe about the place. It was getting dark, so I went around to the doors to lock them. Imagine my surprise when I realized THE DOORS ONLY LOCK FROM THE OUTSIDE. Yes, the outside doors. The inside of the door knob is flat, so if someone were to get locked in the cabin, there would be no way to pick the lock to get out. I can't imagine why anyone would design a lock this way other than to trap victims. It's absolutely insane.

Suddenly the rule about moving around the furniture made complete sense. The house was plenty spacious with hardly any furniture, so I couldn't imagine why someone would move it to accommodate an air mattress. Past guests have absolutely moved the furniture to barricade the doors bc it's creepy not being able to lock the doors. Yes, that is the first thing I did.

Upon further inspection, the house was stocked with a sharp knife and a ton of trash bags. There is absolutely no way that the person who set up this cabin isn't a serial killer...or at best someone trying to freak out guests.

My husband and I decided we did not feel safe in the cabin. He had just returned from a film shoot in Toronto and had lots of expensive equipment. We couldn't risk leaving it in a house with no locks. Plus I prefer the story of "then I freaked out and left" to "and then my husband was murdered in his sleep and I was tortured in the next room."

We went back to the Princess Hotel and my husband, who is always very calm and pleasant...even when faced with the idea of being in a murder cabin, explained the lock situation and his film equipment to the receptionist. She lost it and screamed at him and refused to refund the money for any of the nights we rented.

We ended up staying at The Coach House. It was a great value, and the owner was super helpful.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We ate the whitefish dishes when we dined he, and they were both delicious. The fish Was well-cooked and moist, and the vegetables were really fresh and crisp.

Service was quick (almost too quick, as my wife, a slow eater, found that her main turned up at table before she'd finished her soup), but it was friendly and very good.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

A second successful visit to the hotel for a meal. The first a few years ago was for breakfast. On this occasion it was for dinner. We pre booked earlier in the day which proved to be a wise move because on our arrival the restaurant filled rapidly.

A very pleasant meal of Canadian sized portions which were far to much for us to finish. As the waitress said "we don't allow you to leave here hungry". Following our meal we checked out the cost of staying in the hotel which seemed to be very reasonable. We think we may book direct with them when we have our next stay over.

1  Thank Peter K