“Nice Clean & Affordable Place”
Review of Blue Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Blue Bay Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We were there to celebrate our 20th anniversary & everything was perfect........there was even a bouquet of flowers waiting for us in our room!!! The staff was very friendly & room was very clean. We stayed in room #5 which is one that has been recently upgraded from what I understand. The bathroom was still pretty retro with the yellow tiles, & green tub, toilet & sink, but as I said everything was very clean, so not a big deal!!!! The bed was very comfortable too:)
We had a fun, relaxing trip & would definitely recommend to anyone, however if you're looking for a lot of nightlife this isn't the town for that.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 21, 2010

Sorry, so late in coming. A GREAT spot to stay.
Hadn't been to Tobermory in a long time and took my partner there for the first time.
Kelly is a great hostess who gave us a room upgrade with an electric fireplace. The bed was very comfortable and what a view seeing the Chi-Cheemaun coming in and docking.
The Blue Bay is within walking distance of EVERYTHING and can be highly recommended.

Looking forward to returning, but hopefully the weather will co-operate for the next drive up from Toronto.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pmartelToronto
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed here only one night on our way from Niagara Falls to Mackinac Island. I had never been to the area, and found it enchanting. The motel being right downtown, next to our ferry, and alongside the bay with its shops just added to my memories. The room was nice and the lawns well cared for. Don't miss the evening cruise along the shoreline. You can see it made an impression, because here I am writing about it several years later!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 110kitty
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I have been staying at The Blue Bay since 1978; I have stayed at other motels in Tobermory, due to lack of availability, but always come back to the Blue Bay. It is centrally located, with everything within walking distance. I have always found the rooms to be more than clean and the staff to be friendly. Each year I have noticed there is an up grade to the rooms or the motel itself. I feel this motel, for its charm and price is the best value in Toby. The only thing missing is a pool, or out door hot tub.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank birdcat
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We arrived at the motel for what was supposed to be a 3 night stay. Despite the relative cleanliness of the bathroom, we had to leave after one night, and find another place in Tobermory. The beds were so old and broken that my wife would not sleep and ended up with a back pain for the rest of the trip. The room was on the ground level, facing the parking lot, with no privacy at all, and no view of course. In addition to that, the fact that I had to kill a couple of earwigs in the bedroom before sleeping did not particularly impress me.
The staff did not even try to offer a form of compensation when I explained the situation the following morning and just let us go.

But what really bothered me was the fact that this motel offers a 25% discount to whoever writes a review on tripadvisor. I guess this is the explanation of the recent good reviews for the motel. I would personally *not* recommend this place to any of my friends.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank rogerleblanc
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We stayed at this motel as it was voted the best in Tobermory. We liked the eco friendly use of products as I am very sensitive to fragrances. But I found the smell in the room unpleasant, much like the faint smell of kerosene. Everything else was fine but the bed was soooo hard we woke up with sore hips and back. The windows are louvered and so let in a lot of sound from the parking lot in front of the motel. I would have prefered to stay in a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2009

A couple of our friends from church used to phone Tobermory every January to nail down reservations for July. When we asked about their secret hide-out, they said it was Blue Bay Motel. And the room they liked? Room Zero.

We are enjoying our third (or is it fourth?) visit to the Blue Bay (Room Zero is our favourite too!) and have just booked again for next year.

We concur with all the commendatory things earlier respondents wrote, especially about Kelly, our efficient and always helpful Innkeeper! We would only add that we would like to take our Chamber-maids home with us; they do such a bang-up job.

In Toronto a long-running ad says "it's worth the drive to Acton". We would assert that "it's worth the drive to Tobermory" - a lengthy but enjoyable trip which truly counts as part of our vacation.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple