“Great place to stay the night before the ferry to Manitoulin”
Review of Blue Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Blue Bay Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We had a spacious room on the second floor and enjoyed our balcony overlooking the harbour. The motel had lots of information about the surrounding area, including a helpful binder of restaurant menus that led us to a terrific breakfast spot with vegan options. Very close to the ferry and to shops etc.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2014

During annual Tobermory visit once again stayed at the Blue Bay Motel. As usual, able to see improvements that were made during the off season to make it even more welcoming and comfortable.
Kelly, the innkeeper and her staff were their continuing welcoming selves and do everything possible to make you feel at home.
My wife and I could never consider staying anywhere else in Tobermory.

Room Tip: Prefer either front room on the first or second floor, if require 2 beds. Now being in my 8th decade...
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Planned a visit to Tobermory for some time

Selected this place after reading several trip advisor reviews

The room is very well laid out, clean and well equipped

The balcony has a wonderful view of the harbour

There is a small fridge in the room and a microwave in the lower lobby

The on site manager is one the best I have met in many years

The only issue and it is a major one for me, there is a wood oven pizza place right behind the motel.

Other guests did not notice the smell of wood smoke or liked it

It gave me asthma to the point I has to check out early

It saddened me that I had to leave

Perfect place without the smoke

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank RONANSKI
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Don't do an internet search on Hotels/Motels if you are going to visit Tobermory, Ontario. Book your stay at the Blue Bay Motel, save yourself the time. Having traveled to many places in North America and Europe I have the right to say this. I used to hate motels until my wife and I were the welcome guests of Blue Bay Motel. I always thought that great reviews were composed by friends, family or owners of the venue. I am none of the above, great service, clean, friendly, OUTSTANDING!!! Tobermory is a four hour drive from my home, but, I plan on going back, just to stay with these amazing people (Kelly).

2  Thank Peter M
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My dad and stepmother have been coming to the Blue Bay for a few years now, and we joined them recently for our first trip to Tobermory. What a wonderful place! Innkeeper Kelly is bustling and full of energy, but very friendly and welcoming. She's created a very comfortable place to base yourself for your Bruce Peninsula visit. The rooms looked even better than they did in the pictures on the motel's website, and I really liked the shower floor of river rocks and the high-pressure showerhead. I liked how everything was very eco-conscious and recycling was encouraged, and it was great to have a fridge for our purchases at the LCBO next door. We loved hanging out on our balcony with a cider and one of the Blue Bay's books or board games from their lending library. The sunsets were gorgeous, and the only drawback was the mosquitoes which arrived promptly at dusk! (Next time we'll bring a citronella candle.) Wi-Fi signals were strong, too. We enjoyed watching the ferry Chi-Cheemaun depart and arrive, and you can't beat the location right on the beautiful Little Tub Harbour, walking distance to everything. In short, we can't recommend the Blue Bay enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I spent one night visiting Tobermory. I wasn't sure what to expect from the Blue Bay Motel however we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, the washroom was beautiful and looked newly renovated. We took the advice from past guests and requested a room on the top floor which worked out well (no loud footsteps). The customer service was very good as the inn keeper was extremely kind and helpful. I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a nice clean room in Tobermory.

2  Thank Bradford Y
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Tobermory is a quiet village of a few hundred people between Labour Day and mid-June, which teems with people in the summer. The surrounding area is beautiful and still very natural, with bays and lakes, woods, and the Niagara escarpment. Two national parks, one of them marine, are within moderate walking distance or an easy bike ride. The centre of town, which faces the harbour, features retail stores that mainly cater to tourists; the commercial architecture ranges from nondescript to faux quaint. The Blue Bay motel is in this retail area, between the government liquor store and an okay coffee house. (There is no Tim Horton’s in town! Canadians expect one everywhere.) The Blue Bay doesn’t have great curb appeal – it’s a big dull parking lot whose upper portion is defined on three sides by the motel, in two storeys. Some landscaping, or some horticultural accents, might give the Blue Bay a more welcoming look. But past first impressions, our experience was positive. The staff was friendly, readily available, and eager to please. (There aren't lots of services though -- no restaurants, room service, breakfast room, pool, fitness, etc.) Near the office were umbrellas and bicycles you could borrow, and a microwave and ice machine. The buildings look to be a few decades old, but the rooms appear to have been renovated a little more recently and are well maintained. We appreciated that this WASN'T a chain motel built according to a standard formula with cookie-cutter rooms. We had two rooms and these were individually designed. One living area had nice hardwood flooring, the other a utility grade carpet. One bathroom had a stone floor and the other tile. Wall decor was different too. Each had windows on the parking lot side, with different views of the harbour (and parking lot), and also a window on the quieter nether side. The bathrooms were very functional; and both had quite large sinks, which was a welcome touch. The mirrors were apparently installed by somewhat short people. Small bar fridges were included. Beds were comfortable. We stayed in early June, still off-season, and both the motel and the town were very quiet; we’re given to understand that this changes during high season. Prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family