“A wonderful gem of a place - we'll be back very soon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Blue Bay Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Kitchener, Canada
“A wonderful gem of a place - we'll be back very soon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed at the Blue Bay last August for a few days while on a family summer getaway. It was a very special time as we had our new little son with us (three months old at the time). The staff was very friendly and the room we stayed in was just perfect - very clean and comfortable. We stayed in room four, which was newly renovated - it had bamboo floors, a rustic pine bed, soft soothing colours and ample space for all of our stuff (and there was a lot of it traveling with a baby!). We are going back this weekend for a family reunion in Tobermory and we'll most definitely be staying there again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Utterina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed at the Blue Bay Motel for three nights. It isn't the Ritz but it is very clean (I am very fussy when it comes to cleanliness). The linens and towels really are of good quality. The size of the room was more than adequate. The only problem was that the floors are made or hardwood (a good thing) and you could hear the other guests walking upstairs. The woman at the front desk went our of her way to ensure that you were happy with your accommodations. The location is excellent. Keep in mind that if you stay on the second floor, you will have to carry your suitcase up the stairs. Parking at the front of the hotel could be a problem but there was additional parking in the back.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda129
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

My partner and I made a short trip out to Tobermory just to get out of the city, and heard that the Blue Bay Motel was a good place to stay. We booked easily online without any problems.
Due to some changes in our trip we ended up arriving almost 2 hours before check in. The lady at the front desk was very kind and said it would be no trouble for us to check in early and that the rooms were ready.
I can't speak for every room in the motel, but I can say that we loved ours. It had a flat screen tv, a beautiful and comfortable bed, and an electric fireplace. As well as a great sitting area. The room was tastefully decorated (and a little fun).
Most importantly, THE ROOM WAS CLEAN. I can honestly say when it comes to cleanliness I'm a little paranoid, and I found this place to be spotless.
The motel is right on the harbour and you can't ask for better than that.
I would absolutely return to this motel if I were staying in Tobermory again. I liked it enough that I was willing to come online and review it.. that must say something? Haha.

Room Tip: Book online. You can view and pick which you like.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed 1 night at the motel. and another night at the Princess Hotel. Although both rooms were equally priced, this room was full of nice details that made it superior. The room was very clean, it had a small sitting area with a chimney and a flat screen TV. The bathroom has been updated and the room had hardwood floors which I prefer to carpet due to cleanliness. The management is very friendly, we left an item and the next day when we returned for it, they had washed it! The mini-fridge was very useful for our baby's meals. On the negative side, we had a room on the first floor and therefore, no view. Also we were hoping to sleep until 8:30AM but we could hear the people upstairs walking around at 5:30AM and later packing up their things into the car at the parking lot.

Room Tip: get a room on the second floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bruixita
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

The motel is situated overlooking the main harbor with all rooms having some sort of view. Service was #1, the rooms were clean and I found the price was reasonable. The motel is completely non smoking regards the rooms, however ash trays, a small patio table and two deck chairs are provided outside each ground floor room.
Now to get on with why this is a diver's dream. The motel is extremely diver friendly with a rinse tank and multiple drying lines in the backyard, well groomed and enclosed garden that's away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists on the main drag. Nice enough to actually enjoy beverages watching your scuba gear dry.
Access to the docks where the dive charter boats are is a two minute walk at most, negating having to even think about loading up gear in a vehicle, fighting for a parking space at the docks, unloading and then driving the vehicle back. The parking stay down by the docks is two hours I believe, which is too short to leave a vehicle while on a charter. It's strictly enforced.
Most of the food establishments, shops and even the Park entrance are accessible with a 2-10 minute walk. There's really no need for your vehicle to leave it's motel parking spot.
When the day's diving is done, a full LCBO outlet is next door ( conveniently out of sight and sound to the motel itself) for beverages with pals.
I've stayed at most of the motels, hotels and campgrounds surrounding Tobermory and the Blue Bay is by far the most convenient for a diver and offers excellent facilities for the price. It books up fast though.

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank Scubabob2000
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

The motel was exactly what I expected from the web site. Clean, comfortable and cozy. I think the room I was in was recently renovated because it was very up-to-date with wood flooring and a very updated bathroom, not to mention a lovely little fireplace. I manage a motel myself so I'm pretty critical of others! It really couldn't have been better. Just for fun, I had mentioned it was my birthday when booking online and when I checked in, there was a box of treats with birthday wishes from the innkeeper. What a lovely touch! Thanks so much for a great birthday.... too bad the weather didn't cooperate!!! That is why the weather network doesn't take reviews!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rita J
Orangeville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

We very highly recommend this Motel for many reasons: Excellent Service, Friendly Pleasant Atmosphere, Clean Cheerful Rooms, Comfortable Beds, Great Location, Terrific View of Little Tub Harbour and of course Kelly a most wonderful Innkeeper.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tobermory
Big Tub Harbour Resort
#12 of 12 in Tobermory
Cedar Vista Motel
Cedar Vista Motel
#7 of 12 in Tobermory

Been to Blue Bay Motel? Share your experiences!