“Stress Free...!!!”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Ontario
“Stress Free...!!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2008

"Not knowing Tobermory, the owners of the Peacockvilla were very helpfull in directing us to the local activities and site-seeing".
"We just loved the large cabin with 2 beds ,full bath and it was equipped for cooking in and outdoors"
"Very close to all of Tobermory's stores and restaurants, we enjoyed all it had to offer".
"Not being advid hiker's We enjoyed the outdoors around the bay
and a trip to the lighthouse".
The owners were very friendly and welcomed our 2 pug's like they were their own"
"Will definately go again,...Nice price too"...!!!
"My wife especially enjoyed the fresh sheets and towels,
as she thought we were going camping".
Thanks again...!!!
The other cabins are smaller so BOOK AHEAD if you need the room...!!!
"We also enjoyed the local boat charters,...ti'll next time".

• Liked — Friendly hosts and close to all amenities
  • Disliked — Cabins not totally private, need a room for this which was available.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LivinLife69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We had a great vacation in August 2008 staying at the Peacock Villa . We rented cabin # 10. Extremely clean, we found that all the little things that you need in your kitchen were there. Very friendly owners, great location.
I was very pleased to find this place, an we will visit again for sure.
Rent a cabin and you will not be dissapointed !

• Liked — clean, location
  • Disliked — nothing to complain
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Keswick, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My husband and I rented cabin 8 for 2 nights. It was a charming little cabin that was recently redone. Yes it was tiny but it was very clean and only $50 a night. The owners were very friendly and gave us a map and told us which places were best for sightseeing. It is only a 2 minute walk to the harbour. This is not a fancy place but the cleanliness and friendly owners make up for it. I would recommend this place if you are on a budget. Tobermory is such a beautiful town to visit.

• Liked — cleanliness, proximity to town
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sunseeker11
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed here for two nights in May. This was a perfect location for Little Tub and the Ferry.
Friendly owner.

Stayed May 2005
2 Thank Steveandchristine
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 10, 2007

We found the accomodations in Tobermory to be ridiculously expensive without merit. I booked our stay at Peacock Villa motel beacuase they were basically the only ones with an opening and the website looked terrific.

The website makes the place look charming, cozy and almost upscale. The only aspect of that perception that was correct was the overly "cozy" nature of our room. I have NEVER seen such a small room meant to be used by four people in my life -- not even in Europe. Literally, the dimensions of the room couldn' t have been more than 12ftx11ft. The bathroom was so small that you couldn't even bend over in any direction without hitting your head on a wall. (NOT KIDDING) When you sit down to use the commode your knees are literally IN the shower. The bathroom dimensions couldn't have been more than 3ftx3.5ft -- with the shower being counted as floor space. Since there was certainly no way to change in the bathroom, everyone had to clear out of the room until, one by one, we could get ready for our day in privacy. When showering, it felt like the only thing that got clean was our heads and shoulders. Even my scrawny 12 year old said -- "I can't even clean my feet because I keep bumping into the shower when I try to bend over." Even folks who aren't claustrophobic would begin to feel anxious in this room -- for people like me and my husband who don't like to feel "trapped"; this room was a nightmare, literally.

Furthermore, there is no way to keep the room cooled other than open windows and a lame ceiling fan. Forget modesty or privacy -- all rooms are ground level and if you want air to circulate, you can't close the blinds because it would block the breeze, so you're left with the blinds open, windows open and people strolling back and forth in front of your room, looking in, all hours of the day and night. It's pretty disconcerting to wake up in the morning with a stranger literally staring at you in bed from the sidewalk in front of your room.

In fairness, I do have to say that the room was pretty clean. The towels were laundered well and the sheets were clean but the blankets had seen better days.

The inn keeper was initially nice but totally clueless. The families on either side of us were allowed to carry on loudly both days we were there. They got up very early and proceeded to make all kinds of racket in their room and then moved to the sidewalk in front of our room and commenced talking loudly to one another and playing with their children on the sidewalk, screaming and yelling for more than an hour, unabated by management.

Finally after two days of dealing with the intolerable accomodations, we left a day early and I asked for my money back -- we made sure that we left well before check out. The motel owner told me that they have a three day cancellation policy and refused to refund our money, even though they re-rented our room before night's end. (We checked) In other words, they double dipped on our room and didn't refund our money -- $100 per night. My emails have gone unacknowledged.

All things considered, I would not recommend this motel to anyone. The website is misleading and the owner does not provide customer service.

• Liked — Basically clean room
  • Disliked — Super claustrophobic room with no privacy at all.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
12 Thank willowcrown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tobermory
Big Tub Harbour Resort
Cedar Vista Motel
Cedar Vista Motel
#6 of 12 in Tobermory
Dreamland II Bed and Breakfast

Been to Peacock Villa Motel? Share your experiences!