“Clean bright rooms”
Review of Grandview

Grandview
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Grandveiw lived up to my expectations with clean bright clean rooms within walking distance to the town center. We stopped over here before going on the ferry to South Baymouth in the morning. We had two rooms as we had guests from England and they too felt that this Motel offered good value. The only downside was that there are no phones in the rooms however who doesnt have a cell phone nowdays?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank daveandgaye

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The rooms are small. The shower is very small, the rooms are clean furniture is well kept. Parking outside your door. Wifi is very weak could not get a good signal. Staff are in restaurant so press button in office to get service. 10 minute walk to town centre.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wilsonlk
Reviewed September 29, 2013

the Grandview was a good value and price. The motel options in the area are limited, and the Grandview while plain and very much looking like a motel, was clean, and well kept. The room was basic, but had a nice TV, good bathroom, very comfy bed, and blankets, and heat and a/c in the wall, both of which were well maintained and worked good.
Staff was nice and friendly.
Location is excellent, and easy walk to anywhere in Tobermory

Room Tip: No real tips
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Happenchance
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked 2 rooms, one for myself and one for my friends. When we checked in my friends room had air conditioning and mine didn't. The web site states that the rooms are air conditioned. I spoke to the manager aobut this and the false advertisng and she said "I only work here". There was no offer to adjust the price or move me to another room! She offerd to give me my money back but that was of no use. I wanted to stay in the same hotel as my friends plus all the better hotels in Tobermory were sold out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stacey I
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a reservation at this motel for August 24th (Saturday). We were catching the Ferry to Manitoulin next day for a motorcycle tour of the island.
A few days prior to our reservation my husband called to enquire if we could reserve one day earlier as he wanted to get a jump on our holiday. The Grandview said no problem.
Unfortunately our next reservation could not be changed so I called Grandview back and let them know that we were sticking with our original plans of August 24th. She said no problem that they hadn't changed anything and yes we had the same confirmation number.
Imagine our dismay on arriving at the Grandview on Saturday to find that they expected us the night before and had charged us 175.00 for not showing up.
Admittedly it got sorted out. We received a refund and the clerk was most helpful in helping us find a room at a neighbouring motel. I don't know if I will stay at the Grandview in the future, but I do know that if I make a reservation I will dot every "I" in assuring that dates are understood.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RDazzle
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'm usually a B&B sort of person, but couldn't find any open in high season in Tobermory so "settled" with this place. They gave me a room that they told me was much smaller than the others (I think it was $12), so gave me a cheaper price -- $82.50 a night! So you can bet my surprise when I get to the room and find it plenty big for me, with a queen-sized bed. The staff was incredibly friendly and the food at their restaurant, although expensive for my budget, was very good. The best part is the view -- you can't beat sunsets at Grandview. They're stunning. They call it that for a reason!

I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cleargreenblue
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had booked this hotel over a month in advance for the last week of July.
Our reservation was cancelled but not by us. This left us scrambling for a place to stay. Upon calling this motel I was informed by the manager that there were no rooms available. After reading the reviews I am not surprised by there actions I hope that people realize how poor the customer service at this location is and choose an alternative place for their stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank S G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tobermory
Adventure the Bruce Inn
The Forest House B&B
The Forest House B&B
#4 of 12 in Tobermory
Dreamland II Bed and Breakfast

Been to Grandview? Share your experiences!