“FIFA World Cup and Perfect Pasta”
Review of Molinari's

Molinari's
Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in Tobermory
Cuisines: Italian
Guelph, Canada
“FIFA World Cup and Perfect Pasta”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Thanks to the skilled staff at Moli Nari's for a fun afternoon with sublime food for the World Cup.
We had a perfect split of supporters for Germany and Argentina. (GO GERMANY!!!!!)The great casual surroundings right on the dock and great food and service put a cap on a most enjoyable afternoon. We appreciated the hospitality-no TV at the cottage-would definitely go back-a very deft hand with the pasta Chef--sorry for your luck(Argentina supporter) Great desserts-cheesecake and creme brulee, super coffee. Thanks for a great afternoon!

London, Canada
“BAD IMPRESSION”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Location was perfect...but that was it.
Don't like to bad mouth any place and won't here either, just our honest appraisal. Had heard about the place and stopped in for supper. FIRST impressions mean a lot, this place did not leave a good one. Interior was very stark, glorified stools were not too comfortable. Checked the menu and as it did not interest us with their selections we left without ordering. Did notice that a small open kitchen was at the rear of the smallish interior dining room, which was not of interest to us at all.
I am happy that other reviewers gave some favourable reviews, however I am submitting this as ONLY our impressions and observations.

Visited July 2014
toronto
“Came late..stayed for great food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were told it gets busy between 6 & 8:00, so we arrived at the restaurant at 8:30. Unfortunately a lot of the items on the menu weren't available. The chef came out and spoke with us. He guaranteed what he prepared for us would be made with love and well worth it. The meal was delicious....chicken Parmesan , seafood pasta, bruschetta, the meatballs ..even the wine was good. We did feel rushed as they were closing so we didn't have coffee or dessert. I would recommend this restaurant but would suggest going around 5:00.

Kitchener, Canada
“Fantastic Panini”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My friend and I stopped at this little Italian restaurant for lunch. We ordered chicken Panini and salad. It was fantastic!! Best I have had in a very long time. The wine was delicious too. Great coffee and the service was wonderful. Good views of the harbour entrance.

Visited July 2014
St. John's, Canada
“Georgian Bay Surprise”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Moli Nari's provided us with a spectacular end to a wonderful day on Georgian Bay. Our family of four (2 adults, 2 children 9 and 6) have eaten at restaurants all over Canada, the US, and Europe and we were pleasantly surprised by Moli Nari's food, service, and staff. The view from the restaurant is the dock in Tobermory and out into Georgian Bay. The setting is clean and matter-of-fact. The staff is friendly, informative, and accommodating. Now the food...where do I start...the market salad was fresh and tasty. A basic combination of crisp lettuce, cucumbers, and pears tossed in a red wine vinaigrette and topped with fresh parmigiana cheese. My girls love garlic bread and they said Moli Nari's had the best. Not a long piece of thick bread, loaded with garlic, rather a fine slice of baguette with just the right amount of garlic and parmigiana. The carbonara was perfectly done (my 6 year old couldn't get enough!). The rigatoni with meatballs was tasty and best of all was the rigatoni gigi...soooo yummy! Dessert was equally good...we shared a creme brulee, tiramisu, and cheese cake. My husband and I had real cappuccino...I say "real" because we find most places give you a latte in a small cup and call it a cappa. It was hot, the espresso was rich and there was some perfectly foamed milk. We hope they have a great summer and have lots of visitors. We will be back next year!!!