“Nice Italianrestauran”
Review of Molinari's - CLOSED

Molinari's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Imagine that you have every day fish and chips or burger and pizza?!!!!
I'm pretty sure for those who loves foods is getting boring after a day.
So this restaurant offers a great variety of Italian foods and great wine.
I' sure you will enjoy it

1  Thank Majid M
There are newer reviews for Molinari's

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Friendly staff. You get a lot of food and it is good. The chairs are very uncomfortable but you look over the Liittle Tub Harbour and it is fun to see the boats come in.

1  Thank 12tyeadisappointment
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We found this place and to be honest it looked very simple and average.
I asked for the special of the day "Risotto with roasted Salmon" and it was just spectacular.
My wife had a meat lasagna and it was pretty good too.
I trully recomend this place if you are looking for some well done home made style food.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was expecting something really great, based on the other reviews, but our dinner here was spectacularly mediocre. Perhaps it was an off night.
First impressions were good. The location is lovely, with a view of the harbour and the Chi-cheemaun. Also, the server was pleasant.
I had the caprese salad and although the portion was generous, it had about 1 tsp of basil pesto on it and otherwise was dry and tasteless. It needed either a vinaigrette, or some olive oil and balsalmic vinegar on the table (like they do in Italy!) so I could put it on myself. My husband had the rucola salad and the arugula was very fresh and delightful. The promised gorgonzola cheese was hard to find.
For entrees, I had the eggplant parmigiana. This is a dish I love and I have eaten it many places and also make it at home. This version was bland and a bit undercooked. My husband had the penne puttanesca and it consisted of a huge serving of penne with a small amount of sauce which was short on capers and olives. There was no fresh ground pepper, only little paper packets of pre-ground pepper to sprinkle. No freshly grated parmesan for the pasta.
I guess we were expecting too much. There was nothing bad about this restaurant, it just wasn't great.

1  Thank coralbelle
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I ate at Molinari's restaurant in June 2013. The restaurant itself is pretty non-descript and clearly family-owned, with less than 10 tables and a small crew. Service was prompt on a Saturday night, even though it was quite busy.

My wife and I ordered the specials of the day - fettuccine with basil chicken in a cream sauce. I ordered pork scaloppine. Both came with a salad appetizer that was perfectly dressed with a delicate balsamic vinaigrette. The mains were well-seasoned and generously portioned, and very satisfying.

We shared a tiramisu dessert that was excellent.

Of the restaurants we have visited in Tobermory, this was the best meal we had. If there could be one thing that could be improved, it would be the bread; toasting it prior to serving would have made for the perfect table starter.