“Fantastic Sunsets!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Danial C
“Fantastic Sunsets!”
Reviewed August 15, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This was my families 2nd trip to Tobermory area for vacation. We used rentcottage.com and just as our previous rental, they were professional and quick to get answers to any questions I had.

We booked this cottage specifically because our dog was allowed, it is waterfront and it had a hot tub, described to have a Wii with games and movies which would be great for rainy days to keep the kids happy.

The kitchen has very new appliances which was a great feature, the utensils seemed a little scarce for a family of 5, we had to wash forks and knives a couple times a day, but was not a deal breaker.

The Good: beautiful views, great looking cottage, lots or yard, nice beach area, right on the water, kayaks included (with life jackets), about 100' shallow water for kids enjoyment, and lots of deck space.

The not so good: very hot, not much air circulation (not all windows work), bunkhouse very musty (hard to spend much time in there, let alone sleep in), the BBQ was so rickety I didn't feel safe using it, Wii (3 games, no Mario) and movie selection (mostly twilight zone, family guy and misc movies with lots of skips and stutters throughout the show) was iffy at best.

The Bad: almost all the deck chairs had cracks or broken sharp edges, out of 6 umbrellas only 3 worked, the cushions for deck chairs were full of holes and the stuffing kept falling out, the fire pit (although very well built and close to water) only had a log to sit by on rocky ground (didn't feel safe for younger people to be near) and lastly I saw a hammock (got excited for lazy afternoon napping) and my 50lb son touched the frame when in it, no way an adult could use it. Lastly, the neighbours to the right appeared very nosy, I get its cottage country and they all look out for each other, but getting out of the hot tub to find the older gentleman starring at you and your wife is unsettling, our first night, we were told by them that we weren't allowed to have a fire (although Bruce Pen website stated there was no fire ban)....throughout our stay we'd often find the gentleman or his wife peering over the bushes or watching my family and I while doing whatever.

Overall, we had a good time, we enjoyed the beach and waterfront, had a blast kayaking, the stars when the sky was clear were amazing! I think that this cottage is definitely not a stay inside cottage, it is more so for always being outdoors. We just didn't feel welcome in the cottage, we felt uncomfortable, like it was only being rented to pay the bills. It had a sense of this is "my cottage, and I have my eyes on you" mainly that feeling came from the frequent looks and starring from the neighbours.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the amazing views
Liked least: the terrible outdoor furniture
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Grimsby

Rugged travelers
Guelph
Reviewed October 27, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing