We stayed in the West Burgundy Room. The room itself was tidy, tastefully decorated, and clean. There was a microwave, fridge, as well as TV and coffee maker. The room was located with its own door to a shared porch/balcony overlooking the backyard.
Breakfasts were well-cooked with large portions. A selection of fresh fruit was a big plus!
The location is just outside central Tobermory. It is walkable but we ended up driving around to get to shops and restaurants.
As mentioned by other reviewers, there is no housekeeping or towel service during the stay.
There were some issues:
1. Noise - the West and East Burgundy rooms are beside each other and share a door as well. Noise was a major issue at night time. My partner slept through most of it but on one of our nights, we could hear audible speech and laughter through the walls. On another night, we heard snoring through the night. The remaining days were quieter (due to different guests in the adjacent room). If you need a quiet stay, do NOT stay in this room.
2. Water pressure - fluctuated depending on water use in the B&B, with corresponding changes in water temperature in the shower.
Overall a pleasant stay, but be aware of the noise issue. Definitely not for light sleepers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tobermory's premium bed & breakfast. Located a very short walk going along the waters edge to beautiful downtown Tobermory and Little Tub Harbour. The house is nestled into the beautiful conifer forests, backing onto 100s of acres of natural park land. Featuring two 1 bedroom queen suites, and one 2 bedroom king suite. All suites feature private entrances & private bathrooms. While we love children, this is an adult focused B&B to ensure the guests enjoyment of this peaceful & tranquil forest setting (12 yrs and older please). We feature a buffet breakfast with hot plates 7 days a week in our beautiful commercial kitchen. We also can arrange rental of bikes or kayaks if you want to get out and explore all Tobermory has to offer. Come stay with us and make the forest your home! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Forest House B&B Tobermory, Ontario