Open today: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM

Reviewed October 8, 2018
ginnysanter
Worthing, United Kingdom
via mobile
Beginning to end, solid outfit!

Ok so here is the deal with Divers Den in Tobermory ON. They are a solid, solid outfit beginning to... read more

Reviewed October 1, 2018
Kyle W

All reviews dive master dive shop captain john dive sites these guys snorkel tour diving experience experienced divers hour snorkel wet suits forest city two tank rental gear open water dry suit cold water diving great equipment
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I discovered this business last year. Once again they were so helpful from the time of initially contacting them to going out on the dive and coming back afterwards. They are always professional and accommodate a reasonably inexperienced diver like myself with some physical limitations and don’t make me feel like a problem as some dive centres have. Safety is always their number one consideration on dives and they don’t push that in order to give customers what they might prefer in terms of sites to visit. Again, a welcome factor which has been lacking at other dive centres i’ve Come across abroad.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Ok so here is the deal with Divers Den in Tobermory ON. They are a solid, solid outfit beginning to end.

I recently completed the Open Water Diver course under the experienced guidance of David Maros, MSDT, at the Tobermory Tugs dive site. He is an awesome personality with just the right balance of knowledge, professionalism, and charisma to make my introduction to the underwater world so positive that I will surely be back for advanced course.

In addition to the instruction and location, Divers Den offered smooth booking and information over the phone, quality rental equipment, and a feeling of inclusion where I wasn’t just another client to pass through the system.

Thanks for being great ambassadors to the dive community! KW

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Originally my dive trip to Tobermory was a group trip with my local dive shop, but when the group trip canceled I decided to see if I could book myself in solo. At the recommendation of my dive instructor, I called up Divers Den and explained my situation. They were very helpful and walked me through the requirements of taking their dive tours. Since I had most (but not quite all) of their deep and cold diving recency requirements met, they suggested diving on my first day at their shallower sites with one of their divemasters for evaluation of my skills. Then, on the second day, I would be allowed on the deeper dive site (assuming I was up to snuff!)

On the day of my first dives, I showed up early to fill out the paperwork and get my gear wrangled onto the boat. Everyone was extremely helpful, and our captain Graydon and divemaster Eamon both helped me get situated. They paired me with a newer buddy Diver and we all dove the dives as a group, led by divemaster Eamon. We got an excellent briefing of each dive site, including the history of the wreck and interesting information and things to look for. Getting off and on the boat was an easy process, and there were lines at the deeper wrecks to help navigate to the wreck. The water is crystal clear, truly spectacular diving.

On day two I was approved to dive deep, so I joined the early morning trip to the Arabia and the Forest City. (When I spoke to the dive shop well beforehand, I’d mentioned these were my bucket list dives...I’m not positive if that’s why they selected them for our boat, but I was thrilled!) We had a larger boat and a larger group, and for this day of diving I’d hired Eamon (our divemaster from day one) as my dive buddy. This is a GREAT option for a solo diver like me that’s new to the area, as it’s tremendously reassuring to have a buddy experienced on these wrecks. These two wrecks are deep and cold. I’ve dove in temperatures down to freezing before, but this cold was still a learning experience! The hazards at that temperature and depth increase, and I can understand and appreciate why they have such high standards for the divers they allow on these wrecks. They are worth it. The Forest City and Arabia are beautiful, eerie, and breathtaking. Having Eamon as my buddy, I was able to reduce my workload and let him lead the dive, and focus on my diving and our team safety. Bless his heart, I was so excited and nervous I was pretty much glued to his elbow for the first dive! By dive two I gave him a couple inches, haha!

A friend of mine came along as a ‘bubble watcher’ and had a blast as well, this is a great option for a non-diver that you are traveling with.

I dove both Air and Nitrox...their nitrox fill Station is pretty slick!

Another nice thing they did for me was to let me store my wet gear in their outdoor locker, and my dry gear I was able to tuck in a cubby overnight between day one and day two. Super helpful not to have to lug it to the hotel overnight!

Divers Den was a fantastic operation, I recommend them most highly and can’t wait to dive with them again.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Divers Den is a great unique sole diveshop in Tobermory, with great staff, stuff, wonderful smiles, extremely helpful, anything you need for scuba diving, from gear to a galore of boats to choose and pristine wrecks to dive on. A real pleasure to deal with them. They are great!

Reviewed September 24, 2018

It was a gorgeous fall sunny day... until it clouded over with a cold, hard northeast wind that put a chop on the harbour big enough to make me glad I'd taken my motion sickness pills - all within 15 minutes of leaving the dock. HOWEVER! The captain and Sheena, our divemaster, aboard the Lark were chipper and upbeat, and the diving was lovely when we got out for the first dive. It was very important for me to have a safe and confidence-restoring dive, and that's exactly what I got. I will be back next year when it's warmer!

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time diving the Wetmore and Sweepstakes. Captain Rich was friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the wrecks. Curtis was was an excellent dive guide.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

The Divers Den is a very nice dive shop with knowledgeable staff and some cool t-shirts. We went in for old times sake for my husband to buy a shirt with the Sweepstakes ship. If it wasn't for one of these shops back in the 1970's and his initial diving experiences on the ship wrecks in Tobermory, he probably never would have gone into the Canadian Navy to become a Navy ship's clearance diver. Now retired and still fascinated with diving and the wrecks! Wish we had more time so he could have done another dive.

1  Thank Usia2014
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Kelly & Mike and the crew at Diver's Den are amazing. They are really knowledgeable, safe and operate an amazing Dive Shop. It's always one of my favourite places to visit. There are so many great wrecks. We come up every year with a group and Kelly & Mike make the weekend amazing. They are so organized, professional and fun to be around. Thanks for another amazing weekend.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Always an amazing time with Divers Den!
Very organanized (especially with the new training centre) and extremely friendly staff. Highly recommend getting certified here! Received both my open water and advanced certification here :) Eamonn was an awesome instructor. Took us to the Niagara II for our deep and wreck dive, definitely recommend this site as there is a lot to see!
Will always try to go for a dive with Divers Den each time I’m up in Tobermory :)

Reviewed September 16, 2018

My wife and I had a fantastic time... and year... with Diver's Den. 5 week-ends starting mid-June. Impeccable in all aspects.