“Absolutely stunning”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

veronicaf...
Tillsonburg, Canada
“Absolutely stunning”
Reviewed October 17, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We were blown away the beauty of Turquoise Bay cottage. There are so many details that have gone into this gem, it's hard to just pick a few. We felt like we were home from the minute we walked in. It is beautifully furnished and very well equipped. Lots of deck area surround the cottage itself but we found that we spent most of our time down on the deck right by the water.The view of the water and the setting sun kept us mesmerized each night.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
jan1015
Woodstock
“Paradise”
Reviewed September 11, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a great time at this cottage. The cottage had everything we needed to enjoy ourselves. Netflix and wifi was a huge plus with us. Kitchen was well stocked and bedrooms very comfortable. We very much enjoyed the kayaks. If there is ever the opportunity to add more kayaks I'm sure they would be welcome. We enjoyed the sunny and shady decks.
Bugs weren't too bad.
We saw lots of wildlife in the area... jackrabbit, snakes, frogs, hawks, mink.

It is a quick drive to tobermory.

Garbage is a bit of a pain as collection is Monday and rentals run Saturday to Saturday. However there is a dump site not too far away.

Overall we were very happy.

Wordchick...
Kitchener, Canada
“Clean, comfortable, and charming; a real gem!”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

This is a beautiful cottage. It is very clean, very comfortable, charmingly decorated, and well-equipped. There are many thoughtful touches and amenities everywhere. I loved the layout of this cottage so much; I particularly liked the fact that there are two bedrooms that each have large sliding glass doors to decks (and there's a children's room with twin beds, too). And even though it was only my husband and I staying there, I think a larger group would manage well because of the separation of the master bedroom from the area where the other two are, and the 1.5 baths. There's enough space for everybody. You can tell the owners care about the place and about making guests feel welcome. The mattresses are new and comfortable and there's lots of comfortable seating indoors and out. There's a deck at the driveway side of the cottage, as well as the water side, and although there's no water view there, the driveway side deck is lovely on windier days because the surrounding trees protect it from the higher winds off the lake.

I almost didn't rent this cottage because I usually really want a dishwasher on my holidays, but I'm so glad I chose it nonetheless. Everything about the cottage was so satisfactory that we didn't mind doing the dishes by hand for a week. We've been renting cottages on the Bruce Peninsula for 17 years now and have probably stayed at more than a 15 different places...this cottage is easily in the top five.

The location is wonderful; very peaceful and surprisingly private, even though neighbouring cottages are very close. It is perfectly situated for Lake Huron's legendary sunsets and you can see them from the deck at the shoreline, from the deck attached to the cottage, or inside the cottage. It's close enough to Tobermory to access supplies or activities quickly but completely away from any noise, traffic, and crowds.

I would definitely rent this cottage again. I'm a little anxious about giving it such a good review because it will probably make it harder to book! But the owners really deserve a great review. It's a lovely place and if it were for sale and I had the money, I'd buy it in a hot minute.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing