Hotel Versalles
$316
$255
Indies Hotel(Kingston)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 27, 2011

rooms are nice and clean. staff was great. pool was clean, ac worked properly, food was great and the rates are inexpensive..had a great time and i cant wait to go back. BIGUP!!!

Room Tip: room 210,1,19
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kimberleyanderson
Reviewed October 17, 2010

girl on front desk was awfully rude,she prefered to talk on her mobile than to deal with a customer query,customer service training should be updated regular.staff when asked did not seem to know anything,who the manager was,where you could get a taxi,local shop etc which i found hard to believe.bar and kitchen staff were the only helpful people we had for our week-end stay,i would not recommend this hotel at all to anyone as first opinion of somewhere counts.considering this was one of 2 hotels in the may pen area i was not happy at all with some services we received

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank chuksy
Reviewed September 29, 2010

A very luke warm reception at check-in.
Rooms were very basic but ok until in the night I was sudden bitten by a really sharp pain.
I woke to see rats in the room!! I screamed and called reception who casually came along. When I explained what happened they said the rats are small so nothing to worry about!!
I screamed at him that I want to be moved immediately especially as I had my very young son with me. He said nothing I could do until he spoke to the General manamger in the morning. I had to continually hound them eventually and reluctanty they move me. Serice vry poor except from the staff in the chinese reestaurant which were ok. Lots of mosquitos and insects in the room whichI insisted on being sprayed each night. The cheek of it was that they wanted to charge me for the spray!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank disillusi0ned39
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Nice sized rooms but mangement is arrogant and could care less about customer complaints. Our room had a TV with wire hanger for an antenna and no remote. it took a while to rectify. Cable/Satelite does not work here; One 1 channel came in real snowy on the replacement TV & it had no remote. The internet is 2 wires from the wall next to breakfast table setup. Wireless internet is non-existent whilst i was there and they all blambed the ISP. This is 'country ' so expect no big city amenities here. No flat screens - all low-tech/no-tech. its what you would expect in a smalll town motel. its neat & tidy. But tons of deffered maintenance projects; for instance my TV might have worked better if they simply replaced the years old CATV wire that was completely frayed like someone was chewing on it. The kids will be bored here esp w/o TV!
The Jamaican-Chinese chef is the best thing at Versalles. I spent a week and always enjoyed his gourmet type Jamaican-Chinese meals. The bar maids were stingy & thrifty pourers. The hotel grounds are immpressively extensive and well kept. although the swimming pool was a bit dirty sometimes. Clearly Versalles is resting on its laurels of yesteryear and has seen better days. I hope someone snatches this country gem property and gives it the re-birth it rightly deserves. Maypen deserves a better class of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank Buzz1300
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Ignorant staff, rooms were mouldy sink hanging off the wall no grout left round it. No breakfast available & 3 children with us. We were all dumped in 1 room 1 had to sleep on a settee that had more springs coming out of it than what were in it was dreadfull. We just needed somewhere to stay to be near to family. My advice is a tent would have been more comfortable than this run down place.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family