We are a well travelled couple in our late 40’s and this holiday was a special treat to each other for our 25th wedding anniversary.
Any holiday is what you make of it, and this one for us was just perfect…
We do agree with so many of the positive comments previously made and also some of the negative comments about the island on trip advisor, but we think that you need to put things into perspective. This island is about as close to a desert island as most of us will ever get, and because of this you get all the benefits of solitude, peace and quiet, and a natural feel. However, some negatives for some people of “Little friends” in the rooms, unmade up paths, faded décor in places would not be so appealing.
The trip is a long one, but its part of the adventure, very exciting, almost 24 hours door to door for us.
Much has been said about the beach. Its not very wide in places, but it runs almost all of the way around the island. The beach does have corral on it, but to be honest its not a big problem. The sea is rough in places and if the corral or the sea is a problem for you we suggest that you go to the service jetty and swim in the small harbour; this also has a very nice stretch of soft sand; we made a big sand castle!!! (Also, don’t forget your sea shoes; we purchased some in the UK for £10.)
The weather was very nice for the week we stayed, lots of sun.
The food was very nice, no complains.
The dive centre is very professional.
The spa is very nice.
The pool area is exceedingly nice indeed.
The shop, well its pointless, empty, never open. But we did not go to this island for the shopping…
The entertainment, almost non existent. But again we did not come to this island for night clubs or shows, that is what Las Vegas is for.
The room, quite stunning, and the bathroom is amazing; we had a duplex beach villa, but we understand that all of the rooms are brilliant.
With regard to expenditure, you could arrive with £20 and go home with £20 if you want to. Its just the obvious things that you have to pay for like the premium spirits in you room or special meals and trips.
So to sum up. This is the perfect island get away for couples who want to be in each others company, have nice food, good drink, chat with other gests and staff, dream the days away with a book or playing cards, sitting in the sun and swimming of course…
We do not recommend this island to holiday makers with children, or if you are looking for a lively time, this place is going to be far to tranquil for you, in our opinion…
However, in saying all of the above you have to make your own mind up and go see for your self; we loved it! So a big thank you to all on the island, we had such a wonderful time and the memories will stay with us both forever.
O yes, almost forgot, you must go to the sand bank, it’s a free trip and quite spectacular…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you take your first step towards an unforgettable experience let us escort you to your very own personalized hideaway. Lose yourself in intimate luxury and choose and illuminating experience as we offer you to unwind yourself in harmony. All our rooms are located in the beach front or in the ocean waters. The island boasts of 45 Beach Villas, 7 Duplex Beach Villas, 46 Ocean Villas and 1 Presidential suite. The villas are designed by magnificent architectural craftsmanship symbolizing a harmonious delight for Him & for Her. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your J Resorts Alidhoo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- j Resorts Alidhoo Hotel Haa Aliff Atoll
- Cinnamon Island Alidhoo Hotel
- Cinnamon Island Alidhoo Resort