We would go back tomorrow if we could. We booked for our 10th anniversary together. The place and the staff quality cannot be put into words. The island is flip flops even for dinner as sand is every where even the paths. The island is not huge, but is perfect for a week of relaxation. Many others have written reviews, here is our list.
5 things which really are as good as people say
1) Beauty of the place
2)Weather all the time 31 degrees
3) Quality of the water villa
4) Swimming on the reef
5) Friendly staff
5 things that far exceeded our expectation
1) Food - like a resturant tasting menu everyday, so much care put in
2) No need to swim Just walk on the beach or by water villas 20-29 on the pontoon and look into the water, reef sharks and turtles.
3) How hidden all the villas are for the island to be unspoiled. You can't see he beach villas as cleverly hidden behind vegetation.
4) When no clouds at night look up - amazing stars as so dark around
5) Sitting in a pool in the water villa watching the sun go down with your other half
2 thing I wished I had known
1) BAA duty free will sell you alcohol with a Maldives (Male) boarding card but you cannot take it into the country. You are scanned as you enter.
2) don't flight Etihad as you will lose 24 hours of your holiday. Our flight connection was delayed and missed last sea plane, had to stay in 1 star hotel in Male which is like down town Bangkok not 5 star luxury. BA cost more more but flies direct, better times and care about customers. Etihad don't care about customers or spoiling my wife's birthday which I had planned to be special. Fly BA and have an amazing time you will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zitahli Resorts & Spa Maldives is due to open in June 2011. This 5 star deluxe property would be the second of its kind under the brand name, Zitahli Resorts & Spa Malidives. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Zitahli Resorts & Spa Maldives Dholhiyadhoo Hotel Shaviyani Atoll
- Zitahli Resorts And Spa Maldives Dholhiyadhoo