“Could not have asked for more!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
Chalet Chardon Bleu
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Could not have asked for more!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

As a first time skier who was traveling alone, I was made very welcome and had an amazing experience thanks to the hosts and chef's Abbie, Oli, Sam and Ro. They were very helpful when it came to skiing advise and the chalet was the perfect place to return home to nurse the aches and pains with afternoon tea always waiting on the table for your return and a selection of wine served all evening. I have never been more well fed in my life and they did not let your lift a finger, it was such a treat! The main living room is well furnished for groups of family and friends with a cosy fire TV and DVDs, and an open air hot tub just outside where you can relax in the evenings. I would LOVE to return here with a group of friends in the future, 100% recommend! Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed last week as part of a group of eleven at this chalet last week. The hosts went out of their way to make everything as comfortable as possible. I asked for a chair in my room and when i got back it was waiting for me. The room was very comfortable, warm and spacious. The food was excellent, imaginative and beautifully presented.

The chalet hosts were very willing to take us up and down to the slopes which are about 10 minutes away. The weather last week was superb so this was fine but if it was cold or stormy it would not be quite so good if you could not easily get back to the chalet. I suppose they deal with this problem when it arises.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wross1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had a lovely week at the Chalet Chardon Bleu. The chalet hosts are just lovely - friendly, accommodating, great cooks - All you could want.
Sam went out of his way to help us with picking where to ski and recommendations on places to eat and drink. The chalet itself is lovely - well furnished, lots of space and a lovely modern hot tub.

The only thing that was a detractor for me is the remoteness of the chalet - it's in a tiny village 10-15 minutes from St Martin. This has its own charms, but it does mean you sacrifice something in flexibility/freedom of coming and going. The chalet staff take you to and from St Martin (which was nice in that you get to leave your skis in the van instead of carting them in and out of the chalet every day), but within set times each morning and afternoon - this is understandable (as they have a chalet to run, not a taxi-service), but it does mean you don't get to have a lie-in after a big night; you can't chuck it in after a rubbish morning and walk/bus back to the chalet to read a book; have a late night out in the town, etc. etc.
Not a deal-breaker, but something to be aware of. Otherwise, I'd heartily recommend this chalet!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julianne P
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Simply the best holiday I have ever had! As a first time skier I set my expectations very high and of course imagined my holiday to be like it is in the films! And I was not disappointed. Not only was the chalet comfortable, cosy and just what you need after a long day of skiing but as well as this the hospitality was amazing!! For us Ro and Sam made the whole holiday! There was nothing too much to ask for!! As mentioned earlier being a first time skier meant that I was a little wobbly on the slopes however with the help of both Ro and Sam I left a much better skier(debatable). This is not within their job title but they were ALWAYS willing to lend a hand.
The food. Where do I start? Incredible! From the moment we arrived to the very last second that we left (tasting tht nights bread and butter pudding) we
certainly didn't go hungry!
Spending Christmas there was truly magical. It was home from home!
I would 100% go back! Thank you so much!
Louise and Nick

• Stayed December 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We visited Chalet Cardon Bleu the first week of February 2014, what a great week and how spoilt were we, as we had the whole Chalet between 5 of us, we had the 2 bedrooms at the top of the Chalet overlooking the great views, which were a good size and very comfortable. We were also very lucky with the weather, great snow and even a few days of sun. The food was great, also the cakes, which were a real treat after a long day on the slopes were much appreciated.Although we usually stay ski-in/ski-out the transfer was not too long and we did manage to fit in a few visits to the Piano Bar, and the hot tub was also very welcoming. All the staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Thanks again x

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HarrisHadfield
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Lovely chalet, lovely staff. Sam, Ro, Ollie and Abi looked after us superbly. The skiing in the are is fabulous !!! We had a great relaxing holidays !!! Can not go without mentioning Ro's excellent dinners, Ollie and Abi's lovely cakes and Sam's excellent knowledge of the area from slopes to pubs :-)

Lucie and Guy

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
buckingham
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We spent Christmas 2013 at Chalet Chardon with our three children. It is simply brilliant in all respects. I really mean it, we had a lovely time and a great deal of credit should go to the hosts and the owners for the way they have organised the whole place and deliver the service

First of all the bedrooms are warm, comfortable and nicely furnished, they are well equipped and clean. The communal areas are spacious with two living room areas, British TV, roaring log fire lots of comfy sofas - so often other places sacrifice this sort of space for another bedroom!

The hot tub was very popular and quite a nice place to relax and soak aching limbs and in fact aching children.

The hosts all four of them (Ro, Sam, Abi and Olly) are exceptional. I cannot recall being looked after so well by such genuinely good people. Friendly, helpful, efficient, nothing was too much and even when I felt I was probably being a pain not one of them ever made me feel this was the case. They were really good to my children who thought it was great (aged 5. 10 and 11) and very helpful at the slopes to make sure we had as good a time as possible.

The food is very good - "Ro" is a great cook. Breakfast is typically fresh bread, eggs and porridge. At 4.30pm there is hot drinks and fresh cake, then in the evening three very good courses of food with unlimited wine.

Recommend very strongly and we have already booked for next year and I cannot wait.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
Altapura
#1 of 29 in Val Thorens
Golf Hotel
Golf Hotel
#1 of 18 in Brides-les-Bains

Been to Chalet Chardon Bleu? Share your experiences!