“Amazing Chalet and Hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
Chalet Chardon Bleu
“Amazing Chalet and Hosts”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed there last week and had an amazing time. Sam, Rhoo , Sophie and Sam were all amazing and were very kind, helpful and accommodating to our request. It felt like being at a home away from home. I stayed in the Savoie room which was lovely and had amazing view. The food was absolutely gorgeous as were the company. I would definitely love to go there again. I could not have asked for a better holiday. Special shout out to buster who is the most lovely dog i have ever met.

Room Tip: I loved my room which was the savoie. .. it had was large, spacious and had a wonderful view.
4 Thank Amilia F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The group of 15 of us from all over the world met all together in the chalet to enjoy delicious food, gorgeus weather and great company of each other. To our surprise, not only did we have absolutely amazing time but the hosts have become our friends and we didn't quite feel like guests... it rather felt like being at home! :) Shouts from one of the crazy Poles go to Ro, Sophie and two Sam's! Thanks guys for making these holidays special!

Room Tip: I lived in the first room on left on the top floor which was great but then I realised that some oth...
3 Thank Bartosz I
Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We returned from chalet Chardon bleu last weekend and could not have asked for a better holiday. We had a fantastic week, our best ski holiday ever!!

Sam, Ro, Sophie and Sam were brilliant hosts and did everything they could to make our stay memorable and enjoyable.
The food provided by Ro was fantastic every meal went down well, particularly with our friend who is a chef!! they catered to any dietary needs and the alternatives were just as good. The free flowing wine was great and much more provided than we expected and more than any other chalet we have stayed in. afternoon tea and cakes was gorgeous particularly the carrot cake was amazing!!

The rooms we had 1 on both the middle and top floor were very spacious and comfortable and much more luxurious than previous chalets we have stayed in.
The living areas were great place to relax with the log fire and a large selection of dvds and games kept us entertained all week.

The transfers to and from the mountain worked well and the hosts were flexible on pick up times to suit the needs of all the guests and even picked up our take away pizza for us on the chalet night off which was very much appreciated.

The main thing for us was the warm and welcoming nature of the hosts, both Sam and Ro couldn't have done more to make our holiday more relaxing and enjoyable and we would recommend staying here to anyone of our friends or family. My husband has skied for 20 years and stayed in many chalets and hotels and feels this is the best chalet he has stayed in by far.

Laura, Nick, Emily and Coz

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laura R
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

You would think being pregnant and joining a group of 16 friends on a skiing trip would be a terrible idea, but after this week staying in Chalet Chardon Bleu I thoroughly recommend it...minus the skiing of course!

From the moment you get here it more so feels like you have come to visit family rather than you are staying in a holiday Chalet with such a warm welcome and hospitality second to none.

The Chalet has so much character, log fire in the living room, the rooms are spacious and kept toasty warm, The food is great, proper home cooking and I felt very well taken care of as the team adjusted my meals to suite my pregnancy dietary needs.

Tapping into Ro and Sam's local knowledge I was able to enjoy a superb lunch out which was within my lower energy levels capability & I also took a safer option of a ride up an enclosed ski lift to enjoy a hot chocolate on one of the slopes.

Being able to relax in the chalet looking out the living room window at the snow on the mountain has been wonderful. I cannot thank the team enough. I leave this holiday with some excellent memories, feeling well rested/relaxed...and of course with a bigger tummy bump! :)

Room Tip: My room was the Vanoise, but from what my friends say it seems all rooms are to the same high standa...
3 Thank jogterop
Toddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have never stayed in a catered chalet before but would recommend chalet chardon bleu to all. The welcome was fantastic, Sam and Ro and their team could not have been more helpful. The rooms are very spacious and the atmosphere in the chalet is cosy and inviting. The log fire and comfortable sitting room meant all guests could relax and exchange banter about their day. The food was first class and wine plentiful, tea and cakes after skiiing was much enjoyed by all.
Transfers to the slopes in the morning and evening was very efficient and timed to suit everyone's needs.
Thank you Sam and Ro we hope to be back (hopefully with better weather when we can see the area and slopes!!).

Anne and Dave White

Room Tip: Higher rooms only have skylights but are extremely spacious.and warm.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank anne w
east lothian
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We are a family of 4 with 2 daughter 9 and 1 years old.

We hired a car to enable me to be able to drop of the 1 yr old at the nearest creche for her age group (nothing under 18mnths at St Martin except private nanny service) - a 20 min drive in Les Menuires. My husband and eldest daughter used the Chalet service for drop offs which ran very well and were always accommodating.

We traveled by Eurostar and Sam was kind enough to pick us up at the station and drop us off as well as the rental co -Avis- only gave us a car with eco tyres and no option of snow chains etc. Fine if its not snowed for a while but no chance if it falls.

My youngest daughter was being weaned and Ro could not have done more to provide suitable meals/ soups/ mashed veg for her. There was always a choice and selection and heating bottles - fruit etc was never a problem. All the staff were so kind and inclusive of the baby - even when she wasnt being so inclusive! There is a toy box and baby books available so you dont even need to bring your own and with 2 sitting rooms a tv/video was always available.

My eldest daughter would have stayed forever. She loved everything. She was very well catered for food wise - only one meal she wasnt keen on but generally the meals hit the spot every time and a clean plate was produced. Ro was really good at balancing the meals out so it wasnt all pudding pudding pudding (and they were amazing). Megan loved the availability of the films and wii and gave her plenty to do whilst the adults dined.

We had a couple of ill days and soup/juice and home baking was offered as was incredible help and support when it was the adults struggling. I

For us adults we ate like kings! Truly fab food - a couple of nights i had the vegetarian options and they were also of a high standard.Its like eating in a great restaurant every night. On the night off we were kindly allowed to use the chalet for our buffet as we would have struggled to go out with the baby. This was greatly appreciated.

A warm and friendly atmosphere was enjoyed and both our girls loved Buster the dog - especially the baby who was delighted to pet him.

We forgot a fair bit of stuff and it was all kindly posted back to us - and also recipes given of the fab food.

The rooms were cozy warm, spacious, comfy and of a really high standard - the best chalet I have ever stayed in with regards to accommodation and food and customer service/staff.

I stayed here 2 yrs prior with a group of friends and deliberately chose to return with my family as I knew that the children would be well supported and cared for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank teamhouston
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hosts of Chalet Chardon Bleu are fantastic. Food was fantastic, especially as i have to follow a diet which is difficult for most people (and especially the usual 18 year chalet staff with a weeks training) to cater for. The chalet is large, very warm and extremely well run by Ro, Sam, Matt and Jenny. Staff drive you to and from the slopes to enable you to get a full day of skiing in a great area. The free, 3 days of guiding is suited to the majority of the group and was excellent. This was by far the best ski holiday we have had to date. We felt as if we were staying with good friends and would strongly recommend this chalet as excellent value, in a great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KP4546
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
Altapura
#1 of 29 in Val Thorens
Golf Hotel
Golf Hotel
#1 of 18 in Brides-les-Bains

Been to Chalet Chardon Bleu? Share your experiences!