“At home in the Alps”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
Chalet Chardon Bleu
“At home in the Alps”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at the Chalet with friends as part of a Snowboarding holiday. I've been to many but this one really stood out. I'd checked out the blurb on the net and seen the pictures but it really was something special. The owners have really gone to town on the homely feel with lots of detail to make us feel welcomed. Graham escorted us on the piste a couple of times and found us some fun stuff away from the beaten track. I don't normally bother with writing reviews but Graham, Becky and Darren really did go the extra mile and the food was restaurant standard. I have promised myself a return !

Room Tip: The top floor had some very high ceilings and huge windows for a great view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank SilverMJL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
East Sussex
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We visited Chalet Chardon Bleu last spring and having stayed in many catered chalets over the years this completely blew away our expectations.
The chalet has the wonderful 'home from home' feel that Peak Pursuits promise and the hospitality we received was exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts.
We were served amazing meals. Good quality food and something more than the usual ‘Spag Bol’ served in most ski chalets. Large portions to fill you up after a long days skiing and unlimited wine to help soothe those muscles! The dining room is my favourite room in the chalet and the place where I spent most of my time. Enjoying away the hours in the old cave converted into a wonderful room with a unique atmosphere. We spent many hours reminiscing over the days experiences, sharing stories (and wine!) with fabulous surrounding and new friends.
We were surprised to find that we also had staff to hand for the full 7 days. There are 4 people running the chalet and we were provided hot breakfast and the usual transfers on the 'staff day off' and even a lift to and from the restaurant for our evening meal out.
Initially we had reservations about the location. However, it actually added to the wonderful experience. La Combe is a gorgeous little village with a real sense of community. We enjoyed the peacefulness of our location but with the added convenience of never having to walk to the slopes as we were transported right to the foot of the Saint Martin lift in about 5 minutes. Equally convenient we all met for a bit of apres ski in the bar at the end of the day and were transfered home in one of the large mini-buses. We had initial ideas of visiting the bar again on some of the evenings after dinner. Becky & Darren were more than happy to accommodate with transfers but we were having such a wonderful time in the chalet we actually never chose to leave.
From beginning to end the experience with Peak Pursuits was top quality and much more than we have ever experienced in the past. Everything exceeded our expectations from the chalet to the food and the exceptional service.
We can’t wait to visit again next year and this time we’re looking forward to experiencing the new Hot Tub!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DeeSki1974
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We visited Chalet Chardon Bleu for a late season ski holiday with friends, it was a fantastic trip. Our original concerns about location were quickly proven unwarranted as the hamlet is idyllic and the St Martin de Belleview lift just minutes away. The evening hospitality provided in the Chalet by Darren and Becky was superb and we realised we had discovered a hidden gem. The food made by Becky and Darren was the best I have had at any Chalet and the unlimited free wine was an added bonus!
The hosts took us out for guided days to show us where to find the best spring snow and also to the closing parties in Val Thorens which were great fun.

Thanks guys for a great time, see you all next season
x

P.S I think the Moulin Rouge room is best for couples and our friends with children stayed in room 4 which was huge!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JosieBr
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Darren and Becky gave us a warm welcome us to this lovely chalet tucked away in the French Alps near St Martin.
The chalet has been tastefully decorated and the food was fantastic. We enjoyed every part of our stay and would definitely come back again. There was lots to do in the area such as white water rafting and horse riding, but my husband and I came just to walk in the mountains. We loved the stunning views and experience of mountain life in the summer like swimming in mountain lakes, spotting Marmots, alpine flowers and wildlife. We visited local sites of historic interest such as Planbelon (a deserted hamlet dating back to the 6th century) and the churches such as Eglise de Notre Dame at St Martin which have quite extraordinarily decorated interiors.
Many people enjoy this infamous area in the winter, however The 3 Vallees in the summer is a different experience and definitely one not to miss!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fiona H
Reviewed July 30, 2011

What a hidden gem. Friends had booked the accomodation for us and we did not realise what a delight we were in for. The hospitality from Becky and Darren was fantastic ....and the catering superb! Becky guided us on walks on 2 of the days and the walks match anything in the Lake District or Scotland. We arrived at the start of an annual village festival and we were welcomed into the festivities which was great fun. Chardon Bleu was a great discovery as was this area for a summer holiday. Highly recommended

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paulko7
Ambergate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed in Chalet Chardon Bleu in January of this year. I have been on many skiing holidays and I can honestly say this was the best chalet I've ever stayed in. The chalet is cozey and comfortable and feels very homely. The food was amazing.....really really amazing.......every evening meal felt like you were eating out at a restaurant - and Becky and Darren are lovely, welcoming hosts and loads of fun! I would recommend staying here to anyone who wants a high standard of accommodation, yummy dinners and great company.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kath_Ro
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Chalet Chardon Bleu is a gem of a find in Les Trois Vallees. The chalet is warm and inviting, comfortably furnished and feels very much like you are at home with friends and family. On the climb up to the main resort of St Martin de Belleville, La Combe is a quaint little Hamlet only 10 minutes drive away. The free transfer to the slopes every day is ideal, although parking in the resort is free and plentiful so even if you drove yourself, you wouldn't be fighting for space.

Chardon Bleu itself is lovely and the then owners Emma & Griff were welcoming, warm and funny. Nothing was too much trouble and they are clearly very passionate about what they do. Griff's ski-guiding was invaluable and we saw so much of the Les Trois Vallees in a very short space of time. I always had my mobile with me which was very lucky as one day I took a wrong turn from the main group and ended up lost :o( But I called Griff and the group came back for me, and it was no trouble that I'd mucked up the route for that morning.

Becky and Darren, our chalet hosts, were fantastic with the children, and just took control of them at mealtimes so we could relax and enjoy a drink in the lounge after our hard day skiing.

Our meals every day were wonderful and plentiful, and one evening's creme brulee was to die for - a firm favourite for me! As usual we came home needing to go on a diet! But who cares when you are staying somewhere so lovely, being looked after like you would be by your mummy, eating amazing cakes and meals, and basically having the time of your life!

If you self-drive, it's so easy to find although a long, long way from Calais!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family