“Stunning !”
Review of La Bouitte

La Bouitte
Reserve with
La Bouitte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Diner, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This first class eatery perched high up in the Haute Savoie is well deserved of its 2 Michelin Stars. I would guess they are well on the way to a third. The relaxed informality and friendliness of the team, headed up by MM Meilleur makes for a great night with lots of exciting things for both the eye and palate to taste. La Bouitte is an almost identical business to Flocons De Sel in nearby Megeve , however it’s much more fun to fun to eat here due to its more relaxed ambiance . We spent 410 Euros over 4 hours but it was worth every penny, lovers of fine food and wine won’t be disappointed…..

1  Thank EdFinnier

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I know their guys & girls visiting 2 Michelin Star Restaurants regular, not me and our family dinner on Christmas Eve was worth it's many, many €€€. Very friendly and capable staff and sommelier made the dinner a true taste experience as they were able to create a very pleasant and informal environment which you not always see in Star Restaurants. We had the four surprise menu and each round (in total 7) was different in taste and the right combination, we had seafood & beautifull meat/fish combination. Dessert was a dream.

The wine list is amazing, but even better the sommelier is not trying to sell the most expensive wine and made an excellent choice in a white Savoie for a very decent price!

It has a few nice room and Hot Tub and will come back

2  Thank Jan R
Reviewed September 25, 2012

First time in a michelin restaurant and didnt really know what to expect.
Since this is a french restaurant the food was pretty advanced and the ingredients used wasnt very familiar to my pallette. But all in all it was an ok meal. Im pretty sure it would be amazing to others, but in my mouth everyting got a little to "interesting".

1  Thank tyggah
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My boyfriend had birthday and I booked us a table in la Bouitte as a surprise for him. The reviews were very good and being a Michelin restaurant with two stars you would expect high quality in everything - service, food, etc. and a fantastic evening with no flows!

We chose the five surprises menu with specific wine selection for each course, thinking to try a good variety of the chef’s specials... but turned into a disaster! We had seafood in all courses except for the dessert. The meals on their own were quite good, but putting them together into a five-course meal it’s definitely not the right combination. It lacks variety, gets too much of seafood (excluding fish) and you just stop enjoying yourself. I am not a picky person, but this was too much!

If you look at the restaurant’s specialties list you will see that the food is inspired by the Savoyard cuisine - foie gras, snails, frogs’ legs, roasted pigeon,etc. The reviews from the Guardian are that the place is famous for its “pan fried foie gras with balsamic reduction”. I did tried it just because after the second course i said that the seafood is getting too much and then they served me lobster ... to which my boyfriend asked them to change it to something non-fish/ seafood and they brought the foie gras, chich was delicious! I couldn’t try the dessert – the special mandarines filled with ice cream, because there was hair in my portion ...
Not to mention that they mistaken whose birthday it was and gave me the cake, instead to my boyfriend. The chef (the father Rene Meilleur) spent hours talking to the other clients receiving feedback, but then when he got to us, because we only spoke basic French said sorry and went to the next table...
As the combination of the meals wasn’t selected properly, there was a lack of balance in their meals (claimed on their website?!), I couldn’t process the enormous quantity of seafood and spent the entire evening in the bathroom.
We paid EUR 500 for the dinner and I would never ever recommend the place to anyone! Not because of the price we paid, but just because it is not reasonable for what you get!
We have been to other Michelin star restaurants: Daniel Boulud's in NYC, Marcus Wareing in London, etc. but never had such a disastrous dinner!

Otherwise, the restaurant is very romantic and charming - a chalet in old wood and antics, very well decorated – beautiful! The personnel is friendly and polite, maybe if you speak French then the family will become friendly and nice to you too. The wine cellar – amazing – such a wide variety and selection of wine!
But honestly – doesn’t deserve 2 Michelin stars! It’s one of the best places to dine in the area, but certainly do not go there with the idea of Michelin rated food.

3  Thank Bonbon_YVD
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Very good. In St marcelle not St Martin need to ring them and they will collect you from the lay bye next to the tunnel going to the top of the poma lift on the St Martin nursery slope/or the church.Not sensibly walkble with skis unless you've done the haute route.

The tip is to have the menu as designated by the chef 4, 5 or 6 courses as prices can get a little punchy. A la carte wine good and fairly reasonable. Best resturant in the ski area one of the best in the Alps, lovely sun terrace in a secluded posistion. Michelin star food.