Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Fuana Inn(Hulhumale)
Point Inn(Hulhumale)
Fern Boquete Inn(Hulhumale)
View Hotel
Paradise Island Resort & Spa(Lankanfinolhu Island)
  • Pool
Vilu Rest Hotel(Hulhumale)
1,926 results
All reviewswater bungalowbeach cottagebeach frontour honeymoonfishdeluxe roomhalf boardwater sportskids clubclose to the airportshark feedingthe cottagesbreakfast and dinnermale airportdolphin cruiseplunge poolper person
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Hi. Just came back from Maldives and Full Moon resort.
I went there with my girlfriend for 1 week. Really amazing place. Lot of fishes, clear sea and the weather was great for low season.
We lived to a sea cottage in front of the beach and it was really amazing.
We just had some problems with the food cause we booked for breakfast and lunch and the hotel didn t had very nice foods and the most of the days no choises...
So the days passed and we had to leave :(.
Always i had my wallet to my pocket cause my security box didn t worked. As we were leaving and we were going to check out we asked for a boy to pick up our luggages. The boy taked our luggages (my wallet inside) and we started to walk at the lobby. The guy arrived after 20 minutes. We got to a speed boat for the airport. When i opened my wallet to the airport were missing 1000 euros...
Really sad about this. I tried several times to talk with the manager but the didn t reply me. They just told me that they cant do anything and if i want i can send them an email.
My question? If everybody of you had to deal with the same situation would it be right for the hotel to have this kind of threatment?

So guys keep away from them. Try to find another resort cause it s 50-50% to pay the double and you could not do anything about it!

PS: My laywer will deal with them...

*** Be careful to have dollars with you and not euros cause the hotel has his own terrible conversion.

Sorry for my englidh..

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
14  Thank thkalam
Reviewed August 12, 2007

We went here last year for our honey moon. It was incredible! We stayed in a beachfront cottage. It was on the beach but further back. We were not able to see the ocean from our cottage as we had a little bit of a walk. I swear it was what I would imagine paradise to be like. We stayed a total of 4 days. There was a breakfast buffet in the mornings which was incredible. For lunch we usually ended up going to the bar that they had on the island. For dinner we tried some of the restaurants on the island. We only ventured off the island to scuba dive which I must say was incredible. I was able to see all the fishes that were animated in NEMO. I told my husband that I would like to return for our 10th anniversary. The one thing I regret not doing was going on sunset tour to see the dolphins.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ams7
Reviewed July 31, 2007

This is the perfect Honeymoon location. It really is as beautiful as the pictures, actually it's better.
We spent 2 weeks of total relaxation in a water bungalow. The Beach cottages looked nice but I would recommend the water bungalows for luxury and privacy, they were very comfortable and extremely clean. A room person came twice a day and as well as cleaning they sprayed the room with insect repellent.

There is a great choice of food with 5 restaurants, and the food was generally good, but do bare in mind that this is not a food holiday. Considering the fact that they have to import everything the standard is very good, especially the breakfasts and buffets.
The staff and waiters are all fantastic, very friendly and chatty when you want them to be and experienced and discrete enough to leave you to yourselves at other times.

We spent 2 weeks in bliss doing nothing but relaxing, but there are plenty of day trips and activities and its a great place to learn to dive. If you dont fancy exerting too much energy the snorkelling is awesome.

I cant fault Fullmoon and we will be going back in the future.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JP2306
Reviewed July 23, 2007

If you want a 5 star service with food and a wine list with prices to match within a 20 minute boat ride from the airport, then this place is for you.

However, if you want to walk on an island where you don't need footwear where ever you go (too much coral on beach and pathways on this island), don't want to be in the flight line of the airport, be shocked in realizing that you you need an extra £1,000 spending monies for two of you to eat and drink (without excess) for 7 nights then this place is NOT for you.

You may get, as we did when we inquired with our Kuoni rep, to be discouraged from upgrading to half board basis as this would not work out cheaper! So tell me, it's cheaper to eat A la Carte every night? I don't think so. Sounded like to much work for the rep. from Kuoni who kept pointing out she would have to book it for us through head office, so she was not accommodating at all!

Lots of boat traffic from the resorts boat yard to the point my partner and i thought it was a Taxi point for locals, as it was being used throughout the night and early morning (4.30 am!!)

It seems that those that go back to the same island have yet to experience the true island resorts further away from Male. I feel sorry for those people who have succumbed to believing it is the best when they have not even entertained some of the other resorts, like Kuredu and Meerufenfushi Island resort. Only to be ployed back with a discount of 5-15% for returning to this island. Personally I would be offended by not being offered anything of more than 40% discount, but I guess I would never have that for I will NEVER return to find out!

Suggest people look into other resorts offering all inclusive for less than an extra £1,000, you will find them and you'll be situated on a far better island.

Don't fear change and enjoy far better value for money by going elsewhere, you will not regret it!

PS. Don't bother peering over the pier edge when you arrive from your transfer to look in the water for fish, there arn't any (well OK a few, maybe if your lucky!) Other islands have them teaming in the shallows and guarantee great diving and snorkeling not on this island though, sorry.
Just hope you are not reading this when you have already booked to go here!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
11  Thank WorldWideWealth
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We spent 7 nights at Full Moon in the Maldives. It was our first trip to the Maldives which is a location I've been dreaming of going to for a long time.

The purpose of this holiday was to find somewhere to relax without the hustle and bustle of everyday life and to de-stress from a difficult period at work.

We definitely got what we wanted and loved the resort and the maldives but it wasn't perfect. I'll detail why below.

ROOMS

We stayed in a Deluxe Room towards the far end of the lagoon from the restaurants. This is the cheapest kind of room on the island but was clean, comfortable and well equipped. We did get a look in some of the other kings of rooms and felt that the beach cottages were lovely and probably worth the extra money but that the water bungalows offered little over them and were on the side of the island that had was less accessible for swimming etc. We concluded that they probably weren't worth the extra money and that the Beach Cottages were the best overall.

The only complaint we had about the room was that quite often the mini bar wasn't restocked when the room was made up which means we had to walk up to the restaurants to get something to drink or call room service, both of which are less convenient than having it in your room.

LOCATION

The island is beautiful but it's not perfect. It seems strange to say that but so much of what you see of the Maldives before you go is pristine white beaches and clear water and no sign of anything that spoils that perfection. In reality there are islands in view that contain warehouses, freight ships passing by, and air conditioning units whirring away. These things are slightly jarring with the image you may have in mind of the island. What you quickly realise is that these things are essential for people to live and holiday on the islands and that it's completely reasonable and that the "perfect" image your sold isn't really possible. This might seem obvious but for me it was a little jarring at first. On the other hand the vast majority of the place is full of wonderful nature and is very well maintained and my prevailing memory of the place is the beauty of the natural surroundings.

SERVICE

The service is good. However, at times it felt awkward. I can't put my finger on why. It almost felt as if the staff felt they had to make small talk and that it didn't come naturally. I got the impression a couple of times maybe management had told staff to do be friendly. Don't get me wrong, they were all efficient and pleasant and a few really stood out. What I also learnt about myself is that I don't like to be waited on too much. I couldn't pour myself a glass of water without someone wanting to do it for me, even in the most relaxed of the restaurants the Sand Coast Cafe. It sounds awful to complain about that but it did kind of stop me relaxing now and then. I know that's my thing and that many people would love that kind of service all the time so take from it what you will.

FOOD

Most of the food was disappointing. I hate to say that because I read reviews on Trip Advisor that said the same and thought people were just being fussy and that it wouldn't bother me but it kind of did. That's not to say we didn't find a few things that we enjoyed but on the whole it wasn't great. The Maldivian buffet was disappointing and a bit boring. We enjoyed the Asian buffet and the lobster curry in the Sand Coast Cafe and the pasta was good. The pizza wasn't nice and neither was the lobster sandwich (the lobster was hard and chewy). The rest of the food we ate was just ok. Not awful, not outstanding. Basically you don't go to the Maldives for excellent food. You go for the scenery and the peace. Oh, the breakfast is great!

EXCURSIONS

We only went on one, the Reef Snorkeling. We loved it. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable and took us to two wonderful reefs. We really felt they went above and beyond because although there is a minimum of 6 for the trip to take place and there were only four of us they took us anyway. The guide said he would have just taken the two of us if the other two didn't turn up because we'd arrived well in advance and waited patiently. The corals were amazing and seeing that many wonderful fish in their natural habitat was really special and something I'd love to do again, especially for just $25 plus 10%.

EXPENSE

We didn't find the place unreasonably expensive. Even with the 10% service charge on everything the prices are pretty much in line with what we pay here in the UK. I'm sure Americans will find it expensive but we're used to paying over the odds!

OVERALL

We loved it, despite the few negative things I've said. It's not perfect but nowhere is but it is beautiful and relaxing and peaceful and that is above all what I was looking for so it totally delivered. I think the best thing I can say is that I will definitely return which is as good a recommendation as I could give.

PS The Spa is absolutely amazing. You owe it to yourself to go if you get the opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank amarkb