Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives
Medhufushi Island Resort(Medhufushi Island)
$154
$149
Kandima Maldives(Dhaalu Atoll)
$249
bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
Angsana Velavaru(Haa Dhaalu Atoll)
$390
  • Breakfast included
Sun Aqua Vilu Reef(Dhaalu Atoll)
$450
$204
  • Beachfront
$1,135
  • Breakfast included
Filitheyo Island Resort(Filitheyo Island)
$174
$310
$116
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Bodu Huraa Maldives(South Male Atoll)
$369
Trip.com
  • Beachfront
1,621 results
All reviewswater bungalowhakuraa huraaroom boycrabour waiterglass floorsea planefishsaladour honeymoonoctopussea lifebar staffhigh tidenoodlesdolphin safarinaan bread
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We booked thru Impex Holidays and from the start till the end of my holiday, we dun see any rep from them..( The reviews here said their meet & greet service was very good. ) Lucky the staff from Hulhule Island hotel called chaaya lagoon and arrange the transfers for us.. The view at chaaya lagoon is really amazing !! We were in Water Bungalow 113, i dun mind the toilet looks abit tired but the smell was quite bad.. Air condition faulty, making so much noise. After 2 days, they said the AC was beyond repair so we need to shift to room 115.. After that, everything was good... We enjoyed our stay at chaaya lagoon but will choose another island when we visit maldives again..

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chefaujus
Reviewed April 8, 2010

returned back from a great time in paradise.
good points- wow factor on the scenery
excellent food, but be prepared if you what any of the fish meals including prawns expect to pay alot extra. good variety every day but steamed rice was available everyday . beer is okay and refreshing, wine is okay if you what a heavy head the next day. i drunk the white rum and coke and it was good , but abit strong , i am sure it was just coloured with the coke!!!!
the room are great, but yes the bathrooms are in need of updating. the TV is small and volume is erracted.
if you what a holiday to do nothing this is the one for you, although there was at least 100 people on the island you never saw anyone allday except at the bar or meal times. the evening entertaiment was low key, but bingo was was such a scream.
if you look out at the bar over the sea you will see a record breaking wind surfer , he stayed in the same position all week. ( yes it was a tree - but had everyone fooled)
fishes are amazing , sea sooooo warm and clear. we even had a octopus under our villa on the last morning which changed colour when a fish tried to come over it - it was like watching a david attingborough programme.
we are already booking our next holiday , this time with a twin island stay.
well worth the money- sad to be home.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank plastictwins
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Chaaya Lagoon.... what can we say. It was certainly a place that we could have stayed longer!
We made so many friends there and had many great nights in the bar!
The social events in the evenings are great for mingling with the workers. Many don't see their families for months, so it's a highlight for them as much as it is for guests.
Lito and Christy were the singers/band when we were there, and they were fabulous! So too was DJ ALI! Thanks for all the fun nights.
Food wise - well I gained about 5 kilo's in a week - well maybe not that much, but I am a fussy eater, but couldn't help myself going back for thirds, fourths and fifth serves! With so many choices I just couldnt' help myself.... what is it with buffets!
As for the private couple dinners you can do, they do try to push these sometimes, and I would suggest tha tif you want to get away from everyone then give it a go, but we just loved hanging out in the restuarant, chatting to those around us and then going off to the bar. Plus, I loved seeing the chefs every night and showing them how much I loved their food!!!
The beers are cold but flat, but if you're a pommy you probably wont notice this much. Our tip would be to drink them as quick as they come, and go for more... oh and stay away from the cocktails! They are lethal! I didn't see anyone (even myself who can down a few) finish a glass..... they do some nightly specials though, but even then they are very strong!
We were probably the only aussie couple there on the island, and not many aussies get to go there as they don't sell to a wholesaler here. So our tip to any AUSSIE's that want to go... book yourself through enquiring online direct with Chaaya... they gave us a great rate and we paid 2 weeks before arriving. No problems with anything at all.
The rooms were fabulous and just the relaxing environment you want when you're away. The waters are amazing and nice and warm. Weather wise it's not too humid, nothing like Asia so very easy to be comfortably in. It only rained once when we were there, and there are ponchos in your room for those afraid of the rain!
We went kayaking, which was hard work with the small oncoming swell and shallow waters. We also went out on the paddle boat, which too was hard work (must have been too relaxed to put in any effort for exercise!).
The staff are great and the place is wonderful, the plane ride for me who is a little afraid of flying was not too bad, a little noisy, but the distraction of the view takes your mind off it!
I suggest that for those going you make the most of the water bungalows, and the massage day/spa. They are great girls, and Jenny the manager is quite the expert at massage! If you can request her then I do suggest you do... she's the business!
Obvioulsy we didn't do a flight package with Sri Lanka or the likes. We flew Lufthansa from Paris via Austria direct to Maldives. Our package price was $4000 Australian Dollars for 2 adults, all inclusive and including sea plane transfers. So that is what you should aim to spend if booking direct. I also think that you should have some money on you for the room boy/ cleaners / bar staff etc. They don't earn much and any extra makes the stay away from home all the more worthwhile!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank littlemisscontent
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We were due to go to Mexico in June last year, but because of Swine Flu it was eventually cancelled. We managed to book the Maldives and really we were so pleased we did. We stayed at Chaya Lagoon Hakura Hura in June 2009 and we had a great trip. We booked with Travel Collection and flew with Sri Lankan air. Despite a few misgivings about Sri Lankan air (completely unfouded as it turns out) the journey was fine, we didn't have to wait long for our sea plane and we were at our island before too long. We were greeted with a cold drink and a small sandwich lunch (as we were too late for normal lunch hours) and shown our room. We had Room 107 and it was lovely, very clean and a nice big room. Yes the bathrooms are a bit dated, brown coloured suite (for example), but it all worked so who cares? Anyway, I think they are being redone soon. The only fault I had with the room was the air con. If you didn't have it on at night it was boiling hot, but if you did the room was absolutely freezing cold and there was no other bedding in the room, bar the thin sheet on the bed. Because my husband was too hot without the air con, I spent every night huddled under the beach towels as well as the sheet (not a very romantic look, believe me).

The restaurant was fine, the food was very good and tasty, I didn't really have any problems with that at all. The house wine was fine for me (perhaps I have a terrible palate but I found it drinkable) and I enjoyed the popcorn in the bar before dinner. The bar is beautiful when lit up, you could see amazing fish swimming under the bar every night.

We had one week of high tide and one week of low tide, and boy did you notice when the tide had gone out. I should have considered this, especially with it being a lagoon, but I hadn't and you really missed the tide and the water when it was boiling hot during the morning. Yes, its not exactly a hardship to walk a few hundred yards outwards to the water, but this is when it becomes obvious that the island would really benefit from a swimming pool. I would put it at the end of the island where they have the second bar as it was open so rarely I doubt they would miss it (down by the spa).

Overall I would recommend this island but be aware that the facilities are more basic than most islands but this has a charm of its own so its not a hardship.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lougla
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I’ve got to say that I’d done a lot of research into my Maldives holiday to Chaaya Lagoon & thought it was one of my best holidays.

My direct flight out with Sri Lankan airlines booked through Virgin with upgraded seats (10 H&K) for £50 each meant that we arrived in Male relaxed after a 12hr flight.

The sea plane was delayed but a cool drink watching the sea planes take off & land didn’t bother us too much & was told 1hr delay is normal.

The 45min flight into Hakuraa Huraa was fantastic & seeing our little island was a dream, the 2 min boat ride from the floating platform to Chaaya lagoon jetty eased us into the paradise island we were waiting for. The walk along the long jetty with sharks & rays either side right up to the Bar.

The staff arrange bags on & off the plane, boat & to your room. You are met by Raj the famous manager of Chaaya lagoon & quickly cold towels & fruit drinks provided.

We had requested a high numbered room quiet & away from bar & with all day sun we got room 165 just perfect. Yes it is a 5-10min lovely walk through coconut trees to the reception, bar & restaurant but that suited me, the Spa was just opposite & you could walk through to other side of island to the beach.

Reception was clean & very helpful staff.

The bar (9.30am -12am) served lovely cold beers, wine, spirits & cocktails & was the hub of most of our evenings with happy friendly staff, also snacks are served here around 4pm & 11.00pm. The evening entertainment was a singing duo, crab racing, fun bingo, Maldivian Cultural Show, 70/80’s disco & 90/2000 disco, it’s very low key but enjoyable, if you want full on evening entertainment go to Ibiza.

We booked the sunset & cocktail boat (Dhonie) trip & candle light dinner at the other end of the beach for something a bit different, it was worth every penny.

The restaurant was very clean, a full buffet for breakfast (7.30-9.30), lunch (12.30-14.00) & dinner (19.30-21.00), catering for every tastes (please ignore fussy reviews), it’s not 5 star food & served to your table but then your not paying 5 star prices. You are assigned a tale with your room number & usually are moved to better positions under fans & by windows just by asking your assigned waiter for your duration. This also means you sit next to people you wouldn’t normal talk to it really depends on you but usually by the end of the week you nod or say hello to most people.

The beach is made up of lovely white sand leading to crystal clear sea, it is very shallow & a 5-10 min walk out to deeper waters is needed to snorkel around coral (take shoes). Sun beds was not a problem but I prefer the shade so when one day I couldn’t get a parasol I asked reception & they advised me to use one of the free beach accommodation beds & parasols.

The dive school is managed by Tim a fantastic instructor with good standards, “safety & enjoyment” was his motto. The crew did everything for you, all you had to do was breath & watch the sharks & rays. I would recommend the Saturday all day (3 dives) trip to Shark Reef if you get the chance “amazing”.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple