Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Medhufushi Island Resort(Medhufushi Island)
Kandima Maldives(Dhaalu Atoll)
  • Breakfast included
Angsana Velavaru(Haa Dhaalu Atoll)
  • Breakfast included
Sun Aqua Vilu Reef(Dhaalu Atoll)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Filitheyo Island Resort(Filitheyo Island)
Plumeria Maldives(Thinadhoo Island)
1,605 results
All reviewswater bungalowhakuraa huraaroom boycrabour waiterglass floorsea planefishsaladour honeymoonoctopussea lifebar staffhigh tidenoodlesdolphin safarinaan bread
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After hours of googling and searching the web to find the perfect island resort to spend our honeymoon, we are so glad that we zeroed down on this place. Read through a lot of reviews on TripAdvisor praising this place and boy! we weren't disappointed one bit.

We arrived at Male and boarded the sea plane for a 45 minute ride to the resort. The beauty of Maldives is to be seen by air with its beautiful atolls and lagoons. The only hitch though is that the sea plane is extremely noisy, hot and cramped. A few of my Chinese co-passengers threw up during the journey. On arrival, we were ushered into a waiting area where we were all given cold towels. It was quite a relief given the scorching sun and the hot sea plane ride. After filling in a few forms, we walked to the reception where we were greeted by Mr. Raj, the manager, given a cold drink and some more forms to fill. The process was very quick and in 15-20 minutes, we moved into our water bungalow. Our luggage though happened to come on a different flight which was brought to our room by the staff an hour later. The room is spacious and the toilet was very clean. The water bungalows have a small window into the ocean on the floor which felt quite nice. The room service was prompt and very good. We were greeted with a fruit basket and a bottle of house wine inside the room. Both of us found the wine quite terrible and left it untouched. We were on an All Inclusive package which included buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening snacks, selection of cocktails and unlimited soft drinks from the bar. The snorkeling equipment was provided free of cost and I immediately set about exploring the lagoon outside our water bungalow. The sad part is most of the coral around the water bungalow is dead due to which there is a distinct lack of fish. However, you do get an occasional school of fish that come about every now and then and it was fun following them around the lagoon. Even managed to find a lion fish tucked just underneath our water bungalow. Also, managed to spot some sting rays and a huge manta ray during our stay there. The staff are extremely polite and courteous and greet you with a smile all the time. We initially thought that they would repeat the menu every now and then considering it is a buffet; however the menu was different on all the 5 days (considering breakfast, lunch and dinner) that we stayed there and we found the food excellent. Evenings would be spent at the bar sipping a cocktail listening to live music which was quite good although it would just be us and an old British couple listening to the two singers. There are free boat rides every morning and afternoon to the house reef which is rich in coral and fish. Had an amazing time snorkeling there managing to take pictures using an underwater cam rented from the dive centre. The dive centre also does an orientation session for first timers post which you can opt for proper diving lessons and maybe even go for a dive. We decided to take the dolphin cruise one afternoon. Unfortunately, we didn't spot any dolphins and the staff decided to not charge us when we told them that we weren't interested in going a second time. The spa is good and clean and offers a variety of massages. Overall, we enjoyed every single moment of our stay there.

We were initially put off by friends telling us that September is rainy season in the Maldives and going there at that time wasn't a great idea. We are glad that we didn't listen to them.. Weather in the Maldives is completely up to chance. It rained on the night that we arrived there. However, the remaining 4 days were completely sun kissed. A fantastic 5 days. Cant wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a lower numbered room as they are close to the bar and restaurant. Otherwise, you would end up walking quite a bit every time to have your food or your drink.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashish R
Hakuraa, Guest Relations Manager at Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Warm greeting from Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa!
Thank you for writing on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. Sharing your experience to our next customers mean so much to us. We are privileged that you chose our island to be your honeymoon destination.
We are cheerful that you've liked our glass panel concept in our water bungalows where you can experience seeing different marine lives.
We are happy for every guest positive comments on the variety and excellent food that we offer.

We felt sorry that there were no sighting of wild dolphin during your trip, which seldom happen. Hope that you'll find another chance to experience seeing wild Dolphins as we newly introduce Dolphin Watching via Speedboat which is highly recommended since you'll have more time on the location.
Our team is excited to give you a warm welcome on your next holiday visit for another amazing experience.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have just arrived back from what can only be described as an amazing 7 nights in Hakuraa. We read a lot of reviews on TripAdvisor praising the hotel and staff so our expectations were very high. And I'm glad to say we were not disappointed one bit! The hotel staff are without doubt the friendlist we have met - nothing was too much trouble. The food was simply superb. On an all exclusive holiday the food can sometimes be hit and miss, but not here. Every day we were greeted with very tasty food, cooked to perfection by a talented team of chefs. We also took advantage of a private BBQ held on one of the huts on the jetty. This was a brilliant experience and again the food did not disappoint.

Hakuraa is a truly special place and we will remember our stay for many years to come. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for making this an unforgettable escape.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sararez30

Warm Greetings from hakuraa team. We are very glad to read your brief yet precise holiday experience with us on TripAdvisor. We always feel thrilled for every guest feedback and your one brought us wonderful feeling knowing that you had an amazing time. We are gladder knowing that we meet your high expectations and were not disappointed even a bit. No doubt we have a great and friendliest team could have.
We will share your brilliant experience on private BBQ to our F&B team and of course to our dearly chefs who cater you with a tasty food which is cooked with perfection within your reach.
We always look forward that every guest will have memorable time to keep. It’s indeed a great pleasure for our team to be part of your unforgettable escape.
Our team will be honoured to welcome you back in a truly special place as our repeat guest in future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just got back from this wonderful peaceful island if you looking for some where to relax then look no further the weather was very nice had rain 1day out of ten at night it's very nice temp just right ! The hotel is amazing the staff at the reception everybody so so friendly and helpful there can't do enough for you .The boss raj is a great man and bar staff who I miss so much nassia and layantha top guys if I had my way I would promote these guys as they are a credit to the hotel as well as the spa girls who do a fantastic full body massage I went twice lol please go and support those girls they really are good at what they do.i stayed in water bungalow 156 which was perfect no noise or complaints the beds are comfortable and the room boy is very helpful and kept the room spotless at all times laundry service was great $20 dollars for 20 items folded and warped like new food was good plenty of choice morning noon and night all the staff very very helpful and happy met some lovely people out there very relaxed atmosphere I must say I have never had so many sleeps in my life I did try to read but u can't help but look around at the amazing views ! You totally loose track of the time and day the night sky is amazing and I have never ever seen a night sky so clear it blew me away I even slept out side the first night looking at the stars and listening to the sea bliss! The I s a gym there if you feel the need to work a bit dated but good enough to do a little something if you feel a bit guilty after eating all the deserts and lunch and dinner lol .i did have extra charge at the end for room service and some extra wine and Vodka etc but that was overall paradise can't wait to go again miss everybody oh before I forget make sure you a bottle of water for the sea plane ride in gets a bit warm in there when full and please don't forget you camera for the amazing views of the other islands it really is out off this world we was completely blown away !!! You have to see it to believe it the flight was ok flew direct b a from Gatwick 10 hrs flight and 45 on sea plane the flight home felt like a drag but overall I give it five out five great value for money also booked with maple car meet and greet service worth every penny top marks great service smooth and easy would defo use again I even left my iPad in the car when I pulled up outside the north terminal and they delivers back after an hour of dropping of the car so easy to use pulled up took out cases they took my car walked in checked in and same service when going home great ! Book now and check this place out before it disappears for ever just glad that I got to see this great place. Big thanks again to all the staff again at chaaya lagoon Hakuraa Huraa five star !! Kind regards Ricky Mitchell room 156 march 10 till 21 st

Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Ricky M

Dear Ricky Mitchell, Greetings from Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa. We are happy to read your thorough review posted on TripAdvisor. Your feedback gives us certain feeling of satisfaction on how you enjoyed our hospitality and all that we offers. Our team strive harder to meet every guest satisfaction and we are glad to know that we succeeded in our way.
Yes you're right! Our Chavana spa is one of the best in Maldives in providing quality treatment
Thank you very much for considering your holiday experience as a great value of money. Also, for the appreciation given to our staffs especially to those mentioned who will surely be cheerful of your lovely words.
Our team can't wait to welcome you back to offer another relaxed atmosphere experience with a lovely team in future.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After reading recent reviews and the fact this was our eighth visit to Hakuraa I expected to be met by the house manager Mr. Raj however when the seaplane landed then taxied up to the platform by the jetty we were greeted by a pretty Asian girl who introduced herself in perfect English then distributed cold wet towels, most welcome in the 30.0C heat. Reception is 500 metres down the jetty. The walk can take ten minutes or longer if you gaze into the clear waters as we did. No matter how many times you visit the Maldives you're always amazed at the variety of marine life you see.
At reception we were served a delicious fruit cocktail whilst another Asian youngster said she would explain what we could expect from our holiday. Her briefing however was mainly a sales pitch for the trips that count as extras, 'sorry dearie, we're British, we've come on an a/i package. A/i means A/I'. We listened as she spoke about honeymoon island, dolphin watching and sunset cruises but we wouldn't be going on any trips.
Check-in was swift and efficient, we'd requested a high number water bungalow and were pleased to receive the key to room 166. There was one further issue though, our luggage was missing. Somewhere between Heathrow, Doha and Male our suitcases had been mislaid. We'd booked the holiday with VIrgin so you'd think our dilema would be top priority but the Virgin agent at Male didn't want to know. he shrugged his shoulders and told us to contact staff on the island. You can imagine the affect this had on my wife. I talked to reception staff who took details from the luggage tags, contacted the airline and promised to inform me of progress. Our cases arrived some 10 hours later. Luckily we'd packed a change of clothing in with the hand luggage.
There's lots of positive comment on T/A praising the friendly staff, the variety of food and the quality of the rooms. I agree wholeheartedly with what has been written. And there has been some changes to guest facilities since our last visit. In the water bungalows there's a walk in shower room to replace the old style bathrooms. I note however the lighting in the main area is still poor. If you have a kindle take it because trying to read a book at night is impossible. And the hard corners on the bed are still a hazard. They stick out at least 6 inches beyond the mattress and can cause a nasty graze if you catch your shin...and you will.
In the restraurant the tables used to be set for 4 persons, now they're set for couples and surprisingly there seems more room. The quality and variety of the food has been well documented, I agree with all the positive comment. I note though that the theme nights that used to be, where every effort was made to create authentic atmosphere, have now been demoted to a theme corner, three tureens and no trimmings. Also, barbecue night, a feast of meats and presentation in the past available on the normal menu has become a pay for extra.
The dive school used to be the last building on the jetty. Now it faces the island. There are new wash tanks, classrooms and good storage for guest's dive gear. The dive operation is run in a safe and efficient manner. Equipment for hire is of good quality. The advantage of diving around the Meemu atoll is that there is only Hakuraa and one other resort. The dive sites are totally un-spoiled and the dive experience superb.
On a previous visit we were unhappy with the new overwater bar which replaced a bar just by reception. The new bar had hard wooden seating, the rain and wind penetrated thin bamboo shutters and the whole area lacked atmosphere. This visit we could see improvements. The seating is now woven wicker and very comfy, the bar is backlit and warm looking and the bamboo has been replaced by sturdy plastic blinds that keep the weather out. We didn't go to the crab race or bingo but if you haven't been before these events are a must see. We did listen though to the duo who played and sang a medley of popular songs including requests from guests. The A/I drinks menu, mentioned in most reviews, met our needs though I admit to enjoying more than one cocktail of the day price $11.
All too soon our holiday was over, we had a very early flight off the island and needed a 4-30am alarm call. Breakfast that morning was tea and toast but our waiter, Ali, got up specially to see us off. As we waited in reception Mr. Raj came from his office, we shook hands and he thanked us for returning once again to Hakuraa. This was not the first time I'd met with him, I'd had need to pass comment after almost colliding with a man on a bike whilst walking down to dinner one evening. Bicycles are another new introduction to the island, I suppose it makes getting around that bit quicker but at night, a bike with no lights and a dubious braking system is dangerous. I told Mr. Raj of my concerns and fair play it didn't happen again.
How does one sum up Hakuraa, well, take an average air temperature of 30.0C, warm, clear seas, blue sky and bright sunshine then add quiet efficiency, friendly staff, superb food, good guest facilities and you have the paradise that is Hakuraa Club. I thank Hakuraa management for the melon boat and the wine we received as 'repeat guests and the lovely fish dinner served to us as repeaters. And despite previous comments we did indulge in extras, I enjoyed my daily scuba diving whilst my wife visited the spa, an experience she really enjoyed.
I hate to end on a negative but the seaplane transfers gave cause for concern. One of the prime reasons for booking Hakuraa has been the seaplane transfer. My wife suffers from seasickness and wouldn't cope with a speedboat transfer. Past transfers have been direct from the seaplane terminal to the resort. This time though the Maldivian Air Taxi landed at another resort en-route both in and outbound. The plane landed and taxied to a platform. We were left bobbing about for at least 15 minutes whilst people and luggage were unloaded. The temperature inside the plane was stifling. My wife was ill on both transfers and the experience may well influence our decision when choosing a next holiday.

Room Tip: High number water bungalow rooms are furthest from the public areas.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Phillthepost
Hakuraa, Guest Relations Manager at Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest, Greetings from hakuraa team. We are glad to read your detailed review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. The hakuraa team is happy of your continued patronage. It’s indeed a great pleasure for us to give you out thank you gesture, being our repeat guest.

We felt overwhelmed that you have noticed huge improvements in our resort mostly on the services that we offer. Yes, totally agreed that we have live up to our guest expectations with regards to the quality of food that we serve based on the positive comments that we receive from our valued guest like you. Appreciation given to our staff’s efficient service gives our team big credit. Your kind words keep our team motivated to continue improve our service in providing quality service. We make note of your further comments and surely share it to our team.
We are thrilled to know that you had a great time with our diving team whilst you wife is being pampered with our excellent treatment from Chavana Spa.
Once again, thank you for coming back to hakuraa as our repeat guest to celebrate another holiday experience. Our team hope to welcome you back to be part of your next Maldivian holiday with fond memories to keep in future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Review chaaya lagoon

Exceeded expectations and one of the best value for money

We are currently living in dubai and wanted to take advantage of going to the Maldives being very near... However one of our conditions was to not spend a fortune on this holiday! After numerous hours of research on the net, I limited my choice to 3 resorts: anantara, chaaya lagoon and angsana ihuru as they all seemed to offer a good value for money! Finally, our choice was chaaya lagoon as the reviews seemed to be fantastic and the price was unbeatable!
So enough on the decision making process, let s go to the core of the matter: the review itself! We flew with emirates and arrived in the morning from dubai. After getting our water taxi ticket we took a little bus to the water taxi terminal which is just a short ride away from the airport! Luckily we only had to wait 1 hour before the departure of our plane towards 4 days of pure relaxation! The plane ride is definitely a nice experience and gives a glimpse of the beauty of the Maldives. After 35 minutes, we reached our location which is truly breathtaking. Most people are advising to get a high numbered bungalow, which we did... However I do not really see the advantage of it except the slightly longer walk in case you need some exercise. The bungalows are very nice, no excessive luxury, just what you need. The snorkelling near the bungalows is good and there are lots of fishes: lion fishes, 1 sting ray, lion trigger fish, nemos, tiger fish, needle fish etc. the water can become very shallow depending on the tide and water shoes are a must as there is a lot of coral.
We were also very positively impressed by the quality of the food too. The choice and the quality of the food were really good. I read some comments saying that a significant part of the food is Chinese...which is totally not true (except if you think that any Asian-tinted food is actually... Chinese).
The staff of the diving center is also great. Me and my wife did dive for the first time and it will remain one of the highlights of this trip. The material is excellent and our diving instructor, Bjorn aka "Lucky", really made us feel at ease. We only stayed 4 days but would have loved to extend our stay as we felt so good being there...away from the day to day stress. All in all, I would highly recommend this resort. It is certainly not the most luxurious resort in the Maldives but it remains a very beautifully built and designed resort and offers one of the best price quality ratio you can find.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheBelgianMango
Hakuraa, Guest Relations Manager at Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Greetings from hakuraa team. Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments on Trip Advisor “Trip to paradise”. We are glad that you chose to spend your holiday with us and mainly for having an enjoyable one.Yes,all our water bungalows were designed in a standard way which has unique comfort and thank you for considering it best price quality ratio you've found.
We keep on motivating our staffs from your lovely words and were happy that our valued guest took time to appreciate every staff’s effort rendered..Reading a feedback for the quality of food we served make us always interested as we continue to improve our food choices offered and your positive one keeps us motivated.
Thank you once again for the high recommendation and for being our guest. Our team loved to welcome you back in our beautifully built and designed resort on your next Maldivian holiday.