$115
$196
$170
$167
$138
Parador Palmas De Lucia(Yabucoa)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I researched this sightseeing trip but obviously didn't do enough. Although I just walked through the hotel, I was really there to step into the hot springs. Unfortunately, it's part of the hotel and it's nothing more than a swimming pool.

Evidently, the pool has hot spring water in it that stays a steady 108 F (according to a lady who was in the pool at the time). I expected a small pond with steam rolling out of it with even more hot water bubbling out of the ground. Not so.

My bad.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chadrock
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We do not recommend the place. It needs some serious TLC. No restaurant during the week (at least on Tuesday and Wednesday can only speak for the day we stay there). no place to drink coffe in the morning.
"we had to change rooms because the toilet did not work".

till it is renovated or taking care, i recommend to stay in Ponce travel to Coamo and pay 5.00 to get into the pool.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank kaminan3
Reviewed July 8, 2009

This "so called" hotel, does not cater to us the tourists who are accustomed to a place where you can relax, have a clean atmosphere inside and outside your room and/or a place that will cater peace to your family, kids and even your pets. The place is as old as I remember going when I was a kid back in the early 80's. Their souvenir store is closed, as in NO one is there, it's empty. There is no light on the parking lot, dark as hell and scary, there is NO customer service and employees there seem to be bored of their work. One prime example, "We went to the bar, order drinks and planned on being there for a few hours. We asked the bar tender for a soda drink for our kids, he said we had to walk ourselves to the restaurant and order it there. We then decided to go ahead and close the tab, get our belongings and move on to another hotel. We had not even checked in. We wanted to test their service at the bar, since we were already not liking the place at all. The place sucks!"

They haven't painted the walls on any of the buildings or made any changes to the amenities such as: landscapes, water fountains, grasses, or any changes to the physical look of the entire location. It does NOT look as it looks on their poster cards. The place is plain out dirty, boring and ready to be closed out for good! This place is not what you will see on their promotion advertisements. I do not recommend taking kids to this place, it is not clean, it is not safe and they will want to die upon arrival. Safety tips, stay on the Isla Verde and San Juan areas instead. You'll thank me!

This place should shut down for good, I swear! I think the owners of the Baños de Coamo should sell it to an outsider investor who is business smart and who will have the balls to shut the place down, bring it all down and create a whole new Baño de Coamo for tourists who deserve much better.

Do NOT visit this place... it sucks!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank puertorricanviewers
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Being a native of this town I was very dissapointed with how run down this place was and most importantly how embarrassed I was when I showed my coworkers the negative side of such a beautiful place.
Read the previous raters, they are right. Totally run down...
Also, please take a look at the old pools at night, is the perfect place for a drug transaction; very dangerous...

• Stayed: February 2009
6  Thank n2therapist
Reviewed March 26, 2008

Parador Banos de Coamo is located in a quiet, hilly area and is adjacent to the public hot springs. The grounds contain several two-story motel-style buildings, an open-air bar, a restaurant, a swimming pool and a pool with water from the hot springs. The buildings are nicely situated and there are many large trees on the grounds, but this parador is in serious need of a total renovation. Everything is old, dingy and worn: sidewalks are crumbling, rooms are drab with scratched furniture and stained floors, the pool deck is rough and cracked, the grass is browned out. The hot-springs-fed pool at the Parador is not very pleasant and is closely surrounded by a chain-link fence; water temperature is posted at 109 degrees, but we measured 100 degrees. [The nearby public hot springs are much more interesting, with three pools (108, 106, and 100 degrees), although they are far from being new-looking in any way. The outflow from the last pool is directed into a pipe, which acts as a high-power shower-massage if you stand on a flat rock 15-ft below the pipe.] The Parador restaurant is roomy and high ceilinged, and for dinner the red snapper fillet was excellent, while the fried pork cubes were about half fat or gristle. The breakfast was skimpy, with undercooked sausage and bacon. The hotel staff was very friendly, and did the best they could coping with the outmoded facilities.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family