“Tourist trap”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Bloody Mary's is a pricey tourist restaurant with rather poor service. We were a large group of 12 people on a charter sail, so they stuck us in the back of the restaurant where few servers ventured all evening. I'll give four stars for the very fresh fish but I did need to return my seared tuna as it was over cooked but cold by the time I received it. Okay for one visit; I would not return.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our tuna steaks were huge and cooked perfectly. Cost about 3,500 francs each. Our only complaint was we felt like cattle. The restaurant sure knows how to turn tables fast. We were picked up at 7:45 from the Sofitel, dropped off and ushered to a table showcasing the meals for the night. We had to order our meal immediately then were shown our table. All the food ordered by that 7:45 bus arrives at once so that the bus can take us all back to our hotel by 9:00. The whole experience feels rushed but the food was good so our feelings are mixed.

1  Thank Wendy2223
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had a beautifully cooked teriyaki wahoo fillet here. The preparation is basic - very plain salad and rice accompaniments - but the fish is super fresh and the fillets are large. This is not a gourmet experience, but frankly not much in Bora Bora is, and this place does not pretend to be something it isn't. It has a very fun atmosphere and with the sand floors and decor, the only thing missing was a bit of Jimmy Buffet music.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate here on our second to last night on the island. The food was amazingly fresh. We had an appetizer of steak and tiger shrimp. The steak was tender and the shrimp perfectly done. I had swordfish and my wife had a teriyaki wahoo. The swordfish was perfectly done and delicious, but the wahoo was fantastic!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Remember when you go - You are there to have fun and enjoy the experience. It is a very good restaurant - great Bloody Mary's, and good food. It is not a five-star dining establishment, but GO, it's fun. The food is very good and it should be on your must-do list when visiting Bora Bora. Cool idea for a menu (no menu) just the food, point and pick. Enjoy!