“Great dining experience with live entertainment!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mai Kai Bora Bora

Mai Kai Bora Bora
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Vaitape
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Polynesian, International, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Overlooking the water, the MaiKai Restaurant features international, French & Polynesian cuisine with elegant water views. With both casual and intimate dining options the MaiKai Restaurant embraces its surroundings to offer high quality cuisine in an idyllic setting. The MaiKai’s Lounge Bar appeals to those looking for a fun, relaxed atmosphere to socialize over drinks and the setting sun. We serve signature martinis & exotic island drinks along with happy hour and late night bar menus
Marina del Rey, California
“Great dining experience with live entertainment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a large group of friends. There were 6 people in my group all together. The food was amazing and so were the pina coladas! Very fresh and tasty. There was live entertainment with a great male singer singing contemporary songs and playing the guitar and other instruments.

I ordered the trio of sashimi as an appetizer. Yummy and fresh. For the main meal, I ordered the shrimp with curry. I was the envy of my table as it was the best dish! The plates looked so pretty with awesome presentation of food that I took a picture of every dish that I ordered. The shrimp with curry wasn't over powering and it was very creamy with coconut. Not spicy at all. Good portions as well. Not small portions like other fancy restaurants. The desert was fantastic. I ordered the molten lava chocolate cake with ice cream. Man, oh man....talk about a food-gasm.

Being from Los Angeles, we have pretty good restaurants but this was fabulous cuisine in a lovely, friendly atmosphere, and the staff were all amazing and very attentive. The meal was about 8500 to 9000 XPF. I really didn't care about the price. I'm hungry, I order, I eat, I conquer. That's the only way to travel, right? Be bold with your food choices. This is a great restaurant with fresh seafood (if you like seafood), but they have steak also. Give this place a try! You won't be sorry. The wait staff speak great English so there shouldn't be a language problem. They were all so friendly!! Bon appetit!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Jennifer S

• Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed this restaurant and ended up dining here twice. The service and food were excellent. Both nights we enjoyed really good live music, which was. Nice touch. Only complaint was the second time we dined there it was very hot in the dining room, the overhead fans were not working.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Fans didnt work but food excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited a few days ago, the food was excellent and good portions - but there was no breeze in the place and hotter than an oven, we asked if the overhead ceiling fan could be turned on and was told they didnt work.. what?

Visited March 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Live music & great views of the dock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place was so much fun and very classy! The food was great and even better was the live music and views of the marina. This place is a must do for dinner!

Visited January 2013
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We came over to Bora Bora from The 4 Seasons for a couple of hours mainly to do the Bora Bora submarine dive, which was great, and at the recommendation of the hotel had a late lunch at Mai Kai. We were picked up at the dock by a very friendly man, who turned out to be the chef! After several weeks of travel away from the States my husband was yearning for a good old hamburger, and what he got surpassed most hamburgers offered at the best restaurants in the States. Top Angus grade, according to our new friend the chef, who came out to check on our meal. I had a traditional Caesar Salad, but they added some prawns to it, which was just the right touch to make it memorable as well. Great bar drinks as well. At the end of the meal the chef then drove us back to the center of town, pointing out the nicer shops. All in all a great excursion.

• Visited March 2013