“Beautiful place and good food”
Review of Mai Kai Bora Bora

Mai Kai Bora Bora
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Vaitape
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the water, the MaiKai Restaurant features international, French & Polynesian cuisine with elegant water views. With both casual and intimate dining options the MaiKai Restaurant embraces its surroundings to offer high quality cuisine in an idyllic setting. The MaiKai’s Lounge Bar appeals to those looking for a fun, relaxed atmosphere to socialize over drinks and the setting sun. We serve signature martinis & exotic island drinks along with happy hour and late night bar menus
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is beautiful at night. I went there with my wife and had a great time. There was a guy playing guitar there. The music was good. The food is pretty nice and not so overpriced. I suggest you go there at least once during your time in Bora Bora.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

we just returned from our visit to bora bora. we made reservationsuit for the mai kai as soon as we arrived in bora bora. had free hotel pick-up, which makes it nice to get away from the hotel food. there was a guitar player which was nice. we had the steak which was very good and the owner's grandmothers mashed potatoes, which were really good. all in all a very nice evenin g with a good view make it a must on your visit there.wendy,fl

3  Thank wendyLakeland_fl
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I ate here last night and we had a fantastic experience!
We decided to eat in the village as we were getting a little tired of the limited menu at the resort.
We arrived at about 5pm after we had exhausted the local shops. Mai Kai was recommended to us by one of the shop assistants. We walked about 10-15 mins to reach it from where the bus dropped us off in the village.
Luckily for us, when we arrived it was happy hour at the bar. At this stage we were the only patrons in the venue (as the restaurant does not open til 6.30 pm), so we were able to secure a lovely table outside on the marina to enjoy our cocktails.
The restaurant has a free WiFi connection so we were able to spend time uploading our photos whilst enjoying our cocktails by sunset.
When the restaurant opened the head chef came out to personally go through the specials on the menu with us.
I enjoyed the grilled vegetables with goats cheese for entree and then the prawns with pineapple sauce for main (both from the specials menu). My husband had the trio of sashimi followed by the seared tuna from the specials.
We then shared the creme brûlée and profiteroles for dessert.
After we finished dinner we used the free bus facility at the Mai Kai to take us back to the resorts marina.
We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals here at the Mai Kai, and the prices were quite reasonable considering what we pay at our resort for average food!
I highly recommend this venue, great food, excellent service and a beautiful setting by sunset!
My husband and I will be returning here for dinner again tomorrow!

2  Thank Chloeismydog
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Live music great drinks and good food. Beautiful view of the sunset. Had a nice night. would recommmend eating here

1  Thank CoryK424
Reviewed November 27, 2012

the shuttle picks you up at your hotel and also drop off after the meal. great food, service, and setting. prefer this over bloody mary.

2  Thank Linhy2000