“Great location!”

St James Bora Bora
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Vaitape
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It's a waterside restaurant with a spectacular view of sunset,you can enjoy our creations of coktails and our menu with new flavours .we have 4 differents atmospheres including a VIP table for enjoying a tasting menu created by chef Temauri Foster.The St James team will welcome you to make an unforgetable memorie.come, taste, and enjoy
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The location within a shopping area a few minutes north of Vaitape (in the direction of the Chin Lee Supermarket) is very convenient and the outside sitting area and the views are great. Sunset must be nice if the weather is suitable. We had a light lunch. I had the Poisson Cru(Raw tuna with coconut juice). It was very tasty. My wife had the risotto and really liked it. Deserts are good too. The total bill with a beer and water was $69, reasonable even for Bora Bora prices.

Service was unnecessarily slow. I could see the waitress just talking with a friend instead of bringing the bill I had asked for. I guess one just needs to relax and wait patiently on Bora Bora!

3  Thank ryokogasuki

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Excellent choice - this was our 2nd choice as we couldnt get a table for the best restaraunt on the island, however we werent disappointed

2  Thank Amit_and_the_Mrs
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Solo traveler decided to give this place a try as it was close to my bungalow. Decided on the lunch special of traditional raw fish in lime juice and coconut milk, chicken, and a chocolate/raspberry mousse cake. All for $27.

1  Thank Kim J
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I ate the St. James one night during our honeymoon. The location is right in the city of Vaitape. The food was average - I had a rib-eye steak and my wife had the pasta with shrimp. Both dishes were fine - a little bland, but nothing special. The location is really nice - right on the lagoon. Dessert was very good - we had the chocolate cake. I would say it is worth a try if you are staying in Bora Bora, but our dishes were not great - just good. Also, service was slow, but that is how most of the restaurants are in Bora Bora. Prices were reasonable (everything is expensive so it is a relative).

Reviewed December 19, 2012

First, they pick you up at the main dock and you head you off to your dinner destination on a nice piece of property overlooking the water. Drinks were tasty and presented in a nice fashion(see picture). Next comes the appetizer which was very appetizing. I had the Poisson Cru which is a great choice but a hard one as all of their choices are tempting. Then came the Mahi Mahi with vanilla sauce. It doesn't sound as wonderful as it is. The sauce rounds out the flavor of the fish perfectly. We watched the fish swim around below between courses. Wonderful place and worth the effort to get there. Go back? Definitely!

1  Thank L R