· Robert is a harsh host, no real welcome on arrival, but Tina and the receptionist were friendly. The room with private bathroom was clean and small. No hot water.
· There is a store (tiare market) in the “center”, a few minutes to walk. Next to the mainroad is a roulette and a souvenir shop to rent bikes. 1500,- per day.
· The lagoon-tour was nice. Halfday 7000,- pp (8:45-12:45). First you pick up all customers by boat, then you feed the sharks just lefthandside of the only pass. You can snorkel with them and dive to the lemonsharks on the ground. Might be 6-8 meters. Then you head to a manta feeding point, not deep. About 10 are coming when they smell food. Next is a coral-garden with moray eels, not deep also not that intact. At least after cruising around the island, you stop at a picknick motu. Halfday some water and fruits, fullday(8:45-16:00) BBQ and the rest of the time spending there.
· there is a transport by minibus from the airport to matira, if you reserve in advance! (500,- per person). Otherwise you have to take a taxi.
· The beach is small, clean. Impossible to walk further on the beach. Most of the sand was taken away, remaining are rocks.
· No good corals, a few fish.
· The scenery with so many closed resorts and rundown houses looks desolated. 2-3 days are enough.
· There is a lot of traffic on the water. Private boats, catamarans, jetskis… They like to speed here.
· Almost every house has a minimum of 1 dog! Sometimes they are roaming, a few aggressive, chasing bikes and cars. That’s not agreeable. Nice holiday...
· The lagoon-tour was good, but the rest is overpriced and not worth the expense. The hype is over, a few days to visit enough. Coming back? BORA: NO; PENSION: YES.
- Also Known As:
- Chez Robert Et Tina Bora Bora/Vaitape