“Great food!”

La Bounty
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This little place doesn't look like much but the food is great! A ittle pricey so we shared a dish and it was plenty. Very good food.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Where to I begin.

My wife and I had been recommended this establishment and having read the very positive reviews on Trip Advisor had booked dinner.

I had hoped that it was more than a pizza restaurant, given that many of the reviewers had had pizza and that dinner was as highly rated as lunch.

I could not have been so wrong.

From the moment we arrived, the place lacked ambience. There were only three other tables.

Whilst the waitress was pleasant she was not engaging, but this matters little if the food is spectacular.

We each selected an entree and a main. We each chose fish dishes, as this is what the establishment was famous.

I had a trio of sashimi and a tartare with polynesian fish salad. My wife chose the shrimp with avocado creme for first.

I then ordered the trio of grilled fish and my wife had the curry prawns.

Oh by the way I forgot to mention that they did not have the chefs special no lobster or tuna or mussels, which meant that we were limited in choice.

we orderd two glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon and the drink was refrigerated! Sacre Blu!!
Both my dishes were underwhelming and had little or no flavor. The fish overcooked and dry ( seems to be consistent with cooking here) and truly had no redeeming features whatsoever, although presentation was ok.

My wife's dishes were ok and had a little more flavor but she tells me that again it was average quality. I tried the shrimp curry and it was ok.

The two other restaurants we have tried and reviewed St James and Matira Beach are streets ahead in quality and presentation.

This is a below par establishment

If people go there for lunch to have a pizza and sald OK but then we spoke to another couple who said the pizza was ok and nothing special, then by all means go there.

Otherwise save your money and go elsewhere.
wheel drive car
It is not value for money. We spent more there than the other two places. All up truly disappointing and absolutely nothing redeeming about the establishment.

Oh by the way, the owner picked us up with his 4 wheel drive car ( thank you) but it was smelly and he did not say a word to us on each journey. No welcome or tell us about the food or did we enjoy it. Almost an arrogance about him! Having said that I chose not to talk to him in any event, particularly on the home trip for fear of causing a riot.

He has a captive audience and he knows it.

How it mad number 3 in the top restaurants is beyond me.

It really makes e wonder how these reviews are formulated and posted by Trip Advisor. Let us see whether they will post my review.

To the owners of La Bounty, you will need to try much harder. I will never eat in your establishment again.

Cheers

1  Thank Ivan A
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were there for lunch during our bike trip around the island and it was a few minutes before they closed for afternoon break, so we felt that we were requested to hurry up, but of course nobody told us so. We then thought that the food was made in a hurry too and maybe would lack some quality. What a positive surprise when those seafood salads were warm what we didn't expect at all but we were served as fast like it was a cold salad. And then the sensation, the ingredients were so balanced ond the taste so full and rich, just the perfect seafood salad and exactly the right thing for a quick lunch on the way!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We are still talking about how great the food was here. The mahi mahi with vanilla sauce (you will want to lick the damn plate clean the sauce is so good) and the seafood curry both were fantastic! Might be the best seafood we ate in our 14 day vacation and we ate a lot of fish!!
The chocolate cake was to die for.. it was so rich and dark. The service was great and we really loved the authentic feel of the decor.
The only dish we would not get again was the salad, although good was very $ but it appears that it is on most menus (not a lot of fresh veggies/lettuce on bora bora it seems, and if you order salad it will cost you!) so not a negative for La Bounty, just seems to be a lot of $ for a salad.
The pizza was also good, which we had on our 2nd visit- but if you only go once I would get the seafood, esp the mahi mahi with vanilla..mmmmmm!! Also very convenient location if you are staying at or near ICH Le Moana- we walked to and from- even in the dark. Just a tip- if you have your phone use the flashlight app since you are basically walking on the street and it may hard for cars to see you in dark! The dogs along the way kept to themselves.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Delightful decoration and atmosphere. I'm all about soft lighting in restaurants, and the lighting was perfect. Check out their coconut lampshades!
It's close to the Sofitel and Le Moana Intercontinental if you feel like a break from hotel restaurants. Friendly, welcoming staff. Cocktails were yummy tropical goodness. Food was very tasty French/Tahitian cuisine. One little downfall was that the shrimp curry portion was very small... At least we had more room for dessert! It was a pleasant evening.