“Great Food at a Great Price for Bora Bora”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Bounty - CLOSED

La Bounty
Cuisines: Italian, French, Pizza, Mediterranean, Polynesian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Niagara Falls
“Great Food at a Great Price for Bora Bora”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

La Bounty is about a 5 minute walk from the Sofitel Marana Beach and Private Island and offers better food and service at lower prices then the restaurants in the Sofitel. We ate dinner here one night and walked from the resort. It was pitch black with no streetlights, and would have been impossible without our iPhone flashlight app. Street lights being just before the restaurant towards the Intercontinental. When we got there, we found out that they pick you up for free from your hotel, so book a ride through your concierge. The service was slower than North American standards, but was lightening fast compared to the other restaurants in Bora Bora. The food was excellent. We started with caesar salads with shrimp and shared the goat cheese appetizer. I had the Mahi Mahi in vanilla, and my husband had a beef dish (we just don’t remember which one). We would recommend it all. The food was great. It was so great we returned for lunch the next day and had a very reasonably priced and tasty pizza. Don’t waste your time with gimmicky places like Blood Mary’s, La Bounty had better food and service.

Calgary, Canada
“Lovely seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I ate twice here and both times it was excellent. The seafood curry was excellent and the fish duo was cooked perfectly with a heavenly sauce served on the side. The prices were reasonable for Bora Bora but the places gets busy with only one waitress so come early for better service.

Miami, Florida
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband I went to La Bounty and had a wonderful experience. The food was fantastic. My husband ordered a tuna apetizer and the "Make it yourself" dish where you're given a grill at the table with differnet cuts of raw fish and meat with sauces on the side and grill to your perfection. I ordered the vegetarian pasta which was excellent.

The service at most restaurants in Bora Bora and very slow and subpar but I have to say that Ann (the main waitress) was so incredibly friendly. We really enjoyed meeting her. There were also a lot of locals dining which is always a good sign.

One flaw was that the burner on the grill went out mid meal which was a little frustrating and a bit of a let down as our food sat out longer than it should have. I noticed this was also the case at the table sitting next to us who ordered the same dish.

Besides this small mishap, everything was excellent and I highly recommend!

Lisbon, Portugal
“Fabulous food, wonderfull ambiance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love this restaurante owned by a fantastic couple. Merci Madame! I was there the first time in 2010 and last August I returned to Bora Bora and of course to "La Bounty".
The service was the same, which means GREAT!! Big kiss from your Portuguese friends!

Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This unassuming place will over deliver on the quality of food you are about to eat. It is run by a family with one person in the front and 2 in the back so be prepared to wait a little while which is perfectly fine considering you are in Bora Bora. And the food is worth the wait.

My wife had the Shrimp in a garlic olive oil and I had the Fliet. The shrimp were so fresh and juicy. Both were amazing and extremely fresh. The couple next to us ordered the rib eye and it literally was so big it came out on a carving board. We had a sundae and the pineapple sorbet for dessert. Both equally amazing. This is a must to try.