We would like to start out by thanking Barq & Vikee and all of the staff of the Club Med for making our vacation to the other side of the equator and halfway around the world one of the best ever.
The room was wonderful with a view of plants, trees, birds, other interesting wildlife and with a little view of the Indian ocean which was very nice for not being on the beach front. The quietness of the resort was remarkable and we could hear the ocean waves crashing on the rocks. We enjoyed each days towel "art" and looked forward to what the house keeping staff would create. Our room was always clean and fresh when we returned from our days activities and the bed was like sleeping at home very comfortable. (one hint if you like a darker room at night the throw pillows will fit nicely in the bathroom window making the room more night like.)
The meals served were remarkable in there diversity each day and we didn't find ourselves lacking for anything to eat. I do have to say the chocolate filled profiteroles we had one night were a melt in the mouth chocolate explosion of addictiveness. All the chefs we would have to say went above and beyond in working with us on my wifes food allergies to make her stay just that much better and not have a single allergy attack. A great big thank you for that! And to each of the waiters who served us and tried to teach me some French (which I appreciated very much) you really made the dining experience wonderful.
The various activities were fun to try out when we weren't doing tours or scuba diving, there was so much to do we never found ourselves wondering what should we do next. I want to thank all the euro divers for making my scuba diving remarkable and memorable especially on my last dive for finding a frog fish, an unusual animal I really wanted to see.
We used the tour operators on the resort and they made all our trips happen to the best of their efforts.
A special thank you to the GO team members who created each nights activities / entertainment which we enjoyed very much and added to our vacations memories.
As a final comment anyone considering coming here will find a dream vacation that will create memories that will last a life time!
The Good: You couldn't have gotten any better!
The Bad: Having to leave the resort after the vacation was finished.
The Ugly: If you can find ugly here you must have other issues.
On the scuba bubble scale I give this resort 9 out of 10 bubbles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The west coast of Mauritius is a unique setting, between majestic mountains and a shore that's washed by crystal waters and protected by a coral reef. These natural surroundings are home to Albion, our new Club Med Village devoted to Epicurean delights. The 21-hectare park is planted with rare trees, and opens onto a bay lined by a white sand beach. Lovers will adore the generous spaces and the sunsets, as well as the chance to try all the sports and keep fit to their heart's content. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Plantation d'Albion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Plantation d`Albion Hotel Albion
- Club Med Albion
- Albion Club Med
- Club Med La Plantation D'Albion Mauritius