“Everything you would want from an all inclusive and then a special touch to complete!”

Club Med La Plantation d'Albion
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Albion
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Bonjour!
We would like to start out by thanking Barq & Vikee and all of the staff of the Club Med for making our vacation to the other side of the equator and halfway around the world one of the best ever.
The room was wonderful with a view of plants, trees, birds, other interesting wildlife and with a little view of the Indian ocean which was very nice for not being on the beach front. The quietness of the resort was remarkable and we could hear the ocean waves crashing on the rocks. We enjoyed each days towel "art" and looked forward to what the house keeping staff would create. Our room was always clean and fresh when we returned from our days activities and the bed was like sleeping at home very comfortable. (one hint if you like a darker room at night the throw pillows will fit nicely in the bathroom window making the room more night like.)
The meals served were remarkable in there diversity each day and we didn't find ourselves lacking for anything to eat. I do have to say the chocolate filled profiteroles we had one night were a melt in the mouth chocolate explosion of addictiveness. All the chefs we would have to say went above and beyond in working with us on my wifes food allergies to make her stay just that much better and not have a single allergy attack. A great big thank you for that! And to each of the waiters who served us and tried to teach me some French (which I appreciated very much) you really made the dining experience wonderful.
The various activities were fun to try out when we weren't doing tours or scuba diving, there was so much to do we never found ourselves wondering what should we do next. I want to thank all the euro divers for making my scuba diving remarkable and memorable especially on my last dive for finding a frog fish, an unusual animal I really wanted to see.
We used the tour operators on the resort and they made all our trips happen to the best of their efforts.
A special thank you to the GO team members who created each nights activities / entertainment which we enjoyed very much and added to our vacations memories.
As a final comment anyone considering coming here will find a dream vacation that will create memories that will last a life time!
The Good: You couldn't have gotten any better!
The Bad: Having to leave the resort after the vacation was finished.
The Ugly: If you can find ugly here you must have other issues.
On the scuba bubble scale I give this resort 9 out of 10 bubbles

Room Tip: Near the Zen Pool is very quiet and the rooms only face outward into the landscape.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank must_need_H2O
There are newer reviews for Club Med La Plantation d'Albion

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have 2 children for us was important to go somewhere that our kids where going to be happy. A very active girl 5 years and a boy of 3 very active. The Kids had a terrific time the Kids club is fantastic and the staff is great they always happy and doing a great job with the kids.
I (mum) try the Trapeze is something I have never done before. The staff Cassy, Marcelo, Eric, Gitish & Claudia help me to overcome my nerves so that I could enjoy the experience. Great job. Yoga classes, dancing classes........ etc
The GO’S are so happy and they are willing to help. The entertainment is fantastic every night is a different show we enjoyed this.
The food is excellent there is options for everyone and also there is the Le Phare restaurant fantastic food and the staff also very happy. I can’t remember their names but Erwin was fantastic.
The resort is spotless, beautiful, and very well-maintained.
Staff is always smiling and happy wish it makes you happy. We are so grateful to all of them for making our first family holiday one of the best and that is why we have book to come back in June and this time we will be there for 2 weeks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Words cannot express the good points we'd like to point out for the resort and its staff.

We were looked after by Paris (concierge), who welcomed us and explained what amenities they have. Everything went super-smooth and we were in our rooms very quickly. Bags were taken for us and everything from landing at Mauritius went like clock-work. Everything was pre-paid as they take all-inclusive deals, including flights, meals, drinks, taxi to and from the airport, including water-bottles in the taxi. Refreshments were served for us when we arrived.

A family holiday that went very smoothly as we have 3 very active young boys. They were initially reluctant to join the kids-club, but upon noticing the youngest child not wanting to leave us, the very well trained staff, were quick to help encourage the little explorer to join them. First day went by fast with kids not staying in the 'kids club' for the whole day, but after the second, we couldnt get them to come join us. The activities that were arranged for them were incredible and would never have had a chance to experience them in our normal daily lives. Archery, kayaking, sailing, scuba, or snorkeling, etc etc. A massive thank you to Alex(Kids Club Boss) Dada, Daphne, Aurora, Keisha, Eric, Carole, Joelle and Clive, hope i didnt forget anyone.

Amar (Muscle Man), was one of the cart drivers who are so fast to help and always with a smile. There are too many to remember all the names, but always friendly and welcoming.

The food, oh my word, A cullinary explosion awaits any food critic as their setup is unbelievable. Fresh, and personal is what comes to mind. Everything prepared in front of you and what a selection. Nothing we have ever seen compares to this and we are well travelled. A must for anyone, and again, for fussy eaters like our kids, nothing was a problem for the chefs. Lets stop there before we even attempt to describe the brilliance of the deserts.!! Words dont do this setup justice, a must to experience. We never booked the more quite a-la-carte restaurant as we couldnt get enough of the main eating hall. Wish we had more time there.

The evening entertainment left us amazed. Every evening there was a stage/theatre show that the kids absolutely enjoyed. They were always made to feel like they could participate and did so. The shyest of our kids was the first each time. Really super 'GO's' .(Dont know what that stands for, but all have name tags with their respective title at club med). The kids were left tired and ready for bed each evening. No problem for us at all, and the next day would repeat with equal excitement and fun. Very well organised and well prepared for any situation.

Rooms well maintained, clean, air conditioned and ceiling fans in each incase one does not like air-con. October weather was great , not too hot or too cold. Gentle breeze was a welcome feeling while relaxing in the sun, by the pool, lounging on the beautifull deck furniture.

I sound like i might work for the company, but i dont. Just a very happy customer who has already booked our next vacation there. No changes, just a few more days, maybe a week to 10 days would be just right. This time i plan to have a little more local currency with me to tip appropriately. I was caught off-guard and couldnt add to my credit card bill for a tip to the staff. Feeling guilty about that, but will make up on the next trip, gave what i had on me. Tipping is definately not a necessity, but i felt compelled to do so. Smiles and more smiles.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been to Club Med Albion a month ago and I really enjoyed the hotel. The resort is splendid with an amazing swimming pool.

The shows are great and the staff is really friendly. My room was cleaned every day and the service is perfect!

I found the excursions and taxis expensive until I visited the tour operator near Dodo supermarket and enjoyed travelling the Island. Mauritius is amazing and the location of Albion is perfect to travel easily!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

does not matter how old or young you are this is the place for you. whether you want to be active or just laze about in the sun or the shade or with your feet in the pool this is the place. plus the best breakfast deck in the world and endless delightful cuisine. the ' staff ' are top notch and the ambiance immediately relaxing. beach sea sand and food and drink all included. no need to go any where else. but remember it is a beautiful island with lots to see and do if you can tear yourself away .

Room Tip: at the end nearest Le Phare , close to the zen pool and the deck for late breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Every need is already paid for before you leave your home. Champagne every night from 6pm, 3 buffets a day, snacks, pastries, pancakes in between, waiters asking if they can bring you something every few minutes, the bar comes to you at the pool and a second restaurant open later than the buffet in case you miss that! Themed nights for dinner make packing very easy. A show every night after dinner, dancing lessons and parties all night. Entertainment and games at the pool, a quiet pool in case you don't want to play games and do aqua-aerobics, a gym, a spa, beautiful gardens and the GO's that are always there for anything you need. It really is a wonderful place, which is why we return, year after year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 5halin
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have just returned from a 7 night all inclusive stay and it was wonderful! The people make you feel very welcome and it's a perfect place to relax and unwind. The Mauritian folk are very friendly and hospitable. I stayed in a sea view room and its well worth it! The view is spectacular and the rooms are clean and well kept. They are serviced twice a day. There is no alcohol in the mini bar, only water and soft drinks so bring your own or spring for extra price of ordering it from bar and have it brought to your room. However ordering beer to be brought to your room is free. Alcohol drinks are free at the bars. Downside is flies on your patio. They try very hard to get rid of them by regularly sweeping beaches spic n span but there isn't much else that can be done. They did bring me a can of doom to help. The resort is gorgeous and service excellent. There are 2 restaurants and La Phare was my favourite. You have to make a booking to go there for dinner in the evenings so make sure you book on arrival. The Spa is lovely and I had the Indian full body massage for deep tension relief and an indulgent facial. The spa therapists are very professional. I tried the archery lessons, trapeze (made myself try it but if fearful of heights I do not recommend it), snorkeling and sailing. There are many activities for those that don't like to sit still very long. However my favourite thing to do was to lie on the beach and look at the spectacular ocean. Swimming was done each day both in the sea and both of their pools. The Zen (or calm) pool is children free and great for a cocktail and reading your book in peace. Long walks on the beach is a must and helps to work off those extra calories which will definitely be consumed. There is a great gym which overlooks the ocean. I only went to look and thought I would rather go drink more cocktails. But for those gym bunnies, it definitely beats the usual gym views while working up a sweat. All in all, I absolutely loved and and would have loved to stay another week more. I shall definitely be returning to Club Med La Plantation in the very near future.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Berri777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albion
LUX Le Morne
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to Club Med La Plantation d'Albion? Share your experiences!