We arrived late afternoon and although we requested a garden / ground floor room we were taken to a middle floor unit quite far from the Resort facilities. We waited 30min for our luggage which was frustrating given it arrived with us. We wanted to bath and change our children after a long day of travelling.
The Rooms were interleading and nicely designed. The first night there was awful as we recieved incorrect information from staff on where we could eat with our children and ended up moving around a lot before we were seated in the right area. After unpacking and settling kids we finally went to sleep around 11pm only to be woken at 5am by cleaning staff moving furnature around in a room next door. The rooms are poorly insulated and you can hear what people door in rooms next door to you, which I hate. This went on for an hour before I went out and asked them to stop. We finally fell back at asleep only to be woken by a phone alarm we didnt even request. Not the best start,
The air conditioner stopped working during the afternoon of our first day there and it took 4 calls to reception to get this fixed. Reception staff were quite rude and inefficient. It was frustrating dealing with them.
The Meal times do not work for South African Children. Our Children (2 and 5) cannot wait until 12.30pm to eat Lunch (they are hungry from 11.30) or 7pm to eat Dinner (They eat at 6 and are bathed and asleep by 7). This made things extremely difficult for us.
The resort is far too spread out. Its a massive walk from rooms to the resort reception and then another long walk to the Pool or restaraunt. You cannot order food around the pool so its always a pack up and walk session to get food. Very annoying. Their are Gold Carts but they arent always there when you need them and are often going in the wrong direction.
Baby sitting is very expensive and the Petit Club is stupidly over priced. The GO's in this area of the resort dont speak enough UNDERSTANDABLE english.
The Beach is poor and is too far away from the resort. Again, its a walk to get to and with little children it was quite annoying to always have so much walking to do when its so hot.
The Pool is beautiful but the Lige Guardring staff missed various times my son stepped off a step and would have drowned had my husband not been close by. This meant we were always watching the children and were unable to completely relax.
The Concierge saved our trip. Chanel arranged early meals for the Children and sorted out all our complaints and frustrations which is what saved this trip from being a complete disaster.
We wouldnt go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The west coast of Mauritius is a unique setting, between majestic mountains and a shore that's washed by crystal waters and protected by a coral reef. These natural surroundings are home to Albion, our new Club Med Village devoted to Epicurean delights. The 21-hectare park is planted with rare trees, and opens onto a bay lined by a white sand beach. Lovers will adore the generous spaces and the sunsets, as well as the chance to try all the sports and keep fit to their heart's content. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Plantation d'Albion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Plantation d`Albion Hotel Albion
- Club Med Albion
- Albion Club Med
- Club Med La Plantation D'Albion Mauritius