Having always been an independent traveller and revisited old haunts year in year out when my wife suggested a last minute holiday at a Club Med in Mauritius my blood ran cold…….
We have a young child who at the time of our first visit was 4 turning 5 ……..I’ll start with that! If you have child fatigue and want to enjoy a space where you and your partner can enjoy each other whilst your kids are safely and brilliantly entertained from 8 in the morning to 9 at night then you are already on first base! Kids club rules , the activities are superbly organized but not in an anal and compulsory way that requires a regimented program – your child is allowed to sign in and out at will and can even influence what activities the kids do ! The spa rocks, for two year now my tennis has improved under Fadi the coach who is a laugh a minute ! The selection of food and beverages are fantastic (not Michelin start but good enough for most mortals), the service from all the staff superb – nothing is too much trouble. With mist sports activity also included this makes for a festival of fun for all the family in five star surroundings. Aziz the resort GM is also a star and he will be missed when he leaves for Mexico this year, my wife and I are seriously considering going there next year as the tennis coach is going too……..before you raise an eyebrow he’s what you imagine to a tennis coach to be but I think its all ok! The standard rooms are great and perfectly adequate for parents and a child, and the kids club gives you “private time” if you know what I mean! Every night there is a show and a party and you can do as much or as little as you like! One criticism would be the rooms have a damp smell, we went in October just at the end of winter and it’s a tropical island, this may improve but its no biggy. As good a family holiday as you will ever have without breaking the bank!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The west coast of Mauritius is a unique setting, between majestic mountains and a shore that's washed by crystal waters and protected by a coral reef. These natural surroundings are home to Albion, our new Club Med Village devoted to Epicurean delights. The 21-hectare park is planted with rare trees, and opens onto a bay lined by a white sand beach. Lovers will adore the generous spaces and the sunsets, as well as the chance to try all the sports and keep fit to their heart's content. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Plantation d'Albion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Plantation d`Albion Hotel Albion
- Club Med Albion
- Albion Club Med
- Club Med La Plantation D'Albion Mauritius