2,981 results
All reviews mini club main restaurant zen pool kids club main pool is ping pong family holiday evening shows chef du village golf lessons crazy signs flying trapeze amazing resort nice airport golf facilities first club circus team
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

I’m coming to Club Meds since the age of 6, always recommending them to friends, family and collegues, but this experience was very poor.

This particular village was interesting for me, as my business was considering to do commercial events out for the London team of 130 people, and that was an opportunity area for us. While i gave them a preliminary positive review of the Club Meds, I now will give this very opposite view for this particular branch and will consider a different hotel to go to.

To start with, I wanted to memtion that this period I was in Clun Med there was barely anyone in the village - about 20-30 people GMs, so it was not incredibly busy.

Despite the low number of guests, when I arrived - and when my best friend arrived - we were not given the welcoming pack, nor anyone even helped us with luggage - and she had a HUGE bag, that we had to bring up to the 3d level.

The communication with regards to activities was also poor. My friend wanted to try the forest track activity in the woods, and we were first directed to the woods from 5-7pm. When we didn’t find anyone there and came back to the reception, they advised that we needed to pay for the activity on the reception the day we wanted to do it, not specifying time. When we came to reception next day after lunch, they advised that we needed to speak with the activities office - which was already closed - the next morning. When we reached the activities office the next morning, they said there was no option in doing it the same day, and they had no schedule for the next day but it was unlikely to fit it in. We decided to drop it and were quite dissatisfied with the whole story.

The day when I was leaving the club, (today) my friend was still staying in the same room for another two days. I left the luggage in the room till the evening. When i came to pick it up, both keys were not working. I came to reception and kindly asked to renew my keys and my friend’s keys so I could take my luggage and a fairly rude receptionist lady started telling me that i can’t leave anything in the room after 12pm. Not only there was no usual reminder the evening before on the bed (im a usual in clubmed), but also she kept ignoring my friend who said that she uses the room for another two days, and basically kept telling me off in an aggressive manner. No need to mention that her English was also very poor. I stopped her, explained her once again that the room was still in use for another two days, and asked to renew the keys. She finally did it.

Now much worse was my experience of leaving the club. I was leaving today, and i came yesterday to reception and asked them to organise me a transfer/taxi to the airport at 5pm. I came again in the morning, to double-check and confirm that all has been booked, yet nothing was. The receptionist assured me to take care of it and made some notes.

Imagine my surprise when I arrived to reception 16:55, only to realise that nothing has been booked. I allowed some spare time before the flight and travelled with hand luggage only, but it was a terrible customer experience. The receptionist sent me first to the taxi area. Then the taxi responsible guy told me nothing was booked. Only after he went to reception to try to figure out what was going on, and finally they booked me a car that arrived at 17:40. (With my flight at 19:20). I was very worried during the traffic, they didn’t advise me the means of payment so i had to take out cash in the airport to pay the driver. I barely made it to my flight, reaching the gate when it was already on the final call.

Overall, I think that the village is nice, circus facilities and team were awesome and food was quite good as usual for clubmed. Everything related to organisation and customer experience - absolutely awful and it brought the negativity onto my stay. I don’t think that i would recommend this particular clubmed to any of my friends, family or business collegues having experienced such a terrible customer service.

Kind regards,
Anna Kulik

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AnnaDKulik
Reviewed November 14, 2018

I was in this hotel in August 2018. After I left I discovered that I forgot some things in my room. I came the next day with the car interrupting my journey and they didn't help me - the room with left things was closed by the other shift that was working the day before and the new shift doesn't have the key. Such a cynicism and disrespect to the customer!
After that they wrote me that they didn't find anything that I described. That can only mean that their stuff steals things hoping that the customer from abroad will never come to take its things.
Shame on this hotel and its stuff!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ClubMed_EGo, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Opio Provence, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Dear Sofya S,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the issues you faced on site. Please feel free to email us at customer.uk@clubmed.com, we would be happy to help you further.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 6, 2018

This is a great resort to bring your kids to. Lots to do for the kids including golf, soccer, tennis swimming, acrobatics, and lots of other activities within the Kids Club. no issues for non-french speaking kids, as all the instructors speak English.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
Club Med E, Community Manager at Club Med Opio Provence, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Hello Marcus,

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay at Club Med Opio, and this experience was above our expectations.

It's a pleasure to know that you share good times with our fantastic GO team, especially the Kids Club Team who took great care of you. They will be happy to know that their kindness, enthusiasm and profesionnalism have been apreciate.

We hope to see you soon for another beautiful holiday.

Matthias, the Club Med team

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Overall a good experience with, friendly helpful staff, good facilities for the whole family, wide selection of food and drinks all included.

The rooms weren't that comfortable, our hairdryer was faulty, the bed was two singles pushed together and the heating wasn't working. Minor irritations in the scheme of things but for value for money they took off the shine.

Would recommend and visit again for the overall experience.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Club Med E, Community Manager at Club Med Opio Provence, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Hello,

I'm happy to see that you have chose Opio for your eighth stay at the Club Med, and you enjoyed our location, our beautiful site with our olive grove and the Zen pool, the food prepared by ours chefs.

However, we are sorry to read that some points didn't meet all your expectation. At the Club Med the sharing and well being values are a priority, so it's important for a guests to feel good and not excluded. In order to improve your future vacations, we will make sure that we will communicate your problems to the concerned services.

Thank you for your feedback, we wish to see you back in one our beautiful Villages,

Matthias, Club Med Team

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

We have just ended a week long trip to Club Med Opio. The weather was horrific - not the Club’s fault and somewhat to be expected in November:) The golf facilities are great and the teachers excellent!
We arrived at the village at 2.25pm on a Monday. I had enquired before leaving the airport would we be able to have lunch as my son was hungry - I was told one of the restaurants would still be open. Upon arrival this was not the case as it had closed 10 minutes beforehand. I insisted saying my son needed to eat - was told to wait until 4pm for pancakes (when we went we were rationed to 3 mini pancakes each) and that no we couldn’t get anything not even a sandwich. When we checked in we were not shown around, offered a drink, asked to open an account or anything else - simply handed the key and shown to the room. Checkout was much the same - as we are departing at 6.30am apparently we cannot expect any breakfast (not the case in other clubs) and it is for me to check with the restaurant!!!! I was told there is a self service coffee machine - again I explained that this didn’t really help for my son to have breakfast. Again I got the impression it was for me the guest to deal with this. For the prices they charge I find this unacceptable and they didn’t care when I explained that in any other club we have been to one is normally greeted on arrival and provided with something to eat no matter what time one leaves. Getting someone to collect our luggage despite it being ready the night before also needed a discussion.
Other than these unnecessary quibles, the food was thoroughly good. The resort was clean.
I believe the Club should align with the other clubs in terms of making guests feel welcome.

Date of stay: November 2018