“Luv it!”

Club Med Opio Provence
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Opio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Room 3100, quiet, marital bed, two twins put together, lots of great food, low cal and hi cal, so close to Cannes and train to Nice and Monaco, can't complain, coming back again to breathe the Maritime Alp air, so many activities, really no complaints, except for Wifi only on reception area but who am I to come here to surf the web. This is value for your dollar and a friendly place to vacation. Michelle from Montreal says this is my new favorite destination. Walk to Valbonne for noonish bus to Cannes for 1€ then bus back for same at 5ish with walk uphill and feel the Alp air enrich your hemoglobin! You can work with the all inclusive budget so great for budget conscious and family friendly. Did I say all you can drink of wine at meals and daily evening parties, you can't go wrong. My own personal opinion of course.

Room Tip: 3100 was great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Westmontgal

Reviewed May 9, 2013

After two different stays at Opio, it appears to me that a traveller must be very cautious when he is given a room: on my first trip i got a room in the "Mimosa" building which is dedicated to disabled (I am not) and as soon as I entered my room after dinner I was astounded by the noise coming from the bar, then after midnight, the night club carried on, pouring its decibels in this kind of pipe which is the lobby of the Mimosa building; after pretty nervous discussions at the reception, I could only shift to another room the next day; for the second trip I was given a room in the Anis building which is in the shadow all the day long on an internal courtyard: no particular noise but no natural light which is paradoxical in Provence. As far as the food is concerned, this is casual and no miracle has to be expected.
Ok, wine is included and you can drink as many bottles as you want; on my side I preferred to buy extra bottles on my own to keep my taste alive...

Room Tip: Mimosa building is a perfect nightmare if you intend to sleep during the night. Anis is one of the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank t0up0ul0u
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Opio Provence, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am very sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with certain aspects of your holiday at Club Med Opio en Provence. I regret to learn that you were disturbed by the noise coming from the bar and the nightclub during your first trip and by the shadow during your second one.

Concerning the food and the wine, I am sorry that it did not suit your taste during your stay. Club Med does its best to provide a huge choice of food and drinks included in your package, but I am sure you could have tried our A la Carte restaurant which proposed Gourmet Cuisine and selected wine at extra cost.

Please note that your comments have been taken into consideration and will help us to improve our services. I really thank you for your time and despite the issues you have raised following your stay at the above resort, we hope that Club Med will remain an option for your next holiday and that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our company in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was our first trip to a Club Med, and we weren't sure what to expect as the website doesn't give much detail. The 3 of our 4 children who were there had a fantastic time at the kids' activities - tennis, archery, trapeze, participating in shows, etc,., and the GOs with them were really wonderful. This meant that we had some free time to explore the surrounding areas - gorgeous St Paul de Vence, the museums and perfume factories of Grasse, Cannes & its islands, etc- or just swim or sunbathe by one of the pools. The buffets are great with something to appeal to everyone, as are the bars, and the evening activities can be really fun too. The rooms are comfortable, although the bathrooms rather small. The only minor gripe I had was that the wifi was not included, and sometimes it didn't work. However, this was a minor inconvenience compared with how pleasant and relaxing everything was, and how everyone there went out of their way to make our stay a nice one, and to engage the children in fun activities. The spirit is contagious!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BeatriceSdL
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a great stay with my wife and our two sons of four and half and twelve months old.

Club is nicely fitted and rooms renovated to modern standards. The beds squeak but are comfortable. The rooms could feel a little cleaner but are definitely not dirty. We had two communicating rooms which works very well. Lots of storage space and two bathrooms (one shower and the other bathtub)

Ambiance of the club is nice. Mostly French is spoken there obviously. The chef de village never introduced himself, but that week the change of chefs was happening and frankly it did not change our experience. The front office is not very efficient and cannot decide to change your room on their own which is a nuisance since we wanted a room on the ground floor and we knew the hotel was far from full so they could have done it instead of telling us the responsible for this would come the next day only. The initial room turned out albright and we did not want to move again after the first night.

Activities were a blast for parents and kids. We played tennis (8 courts or even more so you always find one free. ) The tennis GO Mathieu is really great and is largely responsible for making us relax, laugh and get ourselves in the club med mindset of conviviality, fun and relax way of life. More than this he is very professional in his teaching and organization of events. Thank you Mathieu for everything and especially for the medal :-)))
I also had an absolute blast at the circus trapeze which is kind of unique to the club med. I had done some before but at this club, you deal with the master professional GO ANDREA who is responsible for all circus crews and material around the Mediterranean club meds (installed the new trapeze model at the new club med in Beleck. ) Andrea and his crew Antoine, Sandrine are a load of fun. They teach you new posting for the catch much faster than I had in other clubs because of their efficiency. When meeting Andrea and telling him I knew one position already, he told me straight he will teach me four others! He was wrong, he and his crew taught me six other positions all caught! The circus crew is really the best and if you stay the week don't miss out their outstanding show! Breathtaking! And make sure you give them stand up ovation. Thank you Andrea, thank you Antoine, thank you Sandrine and Mathilde for this wonderful experience!
We also had golfing lessons, nice!
Thank you Guillaume (Tell) for the bow and arrow experience, too easy !

The kids club is nice, although not the best we did (Sinai Bay was the best) but our four year old had fun and did lots of activites. Maybe a bit more dynamism would be welcome from the GOs part, but they were very nice with the kids.

The baby club was very nicely fitted out. The responsible GO a bit stiff, but dedicated GOs in charge of the babies, which all together go for many strolls during the day in huge strollers. Fun!

The club itself is nicely fitted in general, food is good, no extravagant meals (such as tiger shrimp or Sushis nights) but very good French traditional food and good salads. Thank you "le Boucher" for the good roast beefs and chickens. The main pool is heated and quite large with a kids section. The quiet pool was closed due to reparations being made to its heating but looked super nice. Right next to that pool, you can lay down on lounge chairs between the olive trees, magical and calm.

Overall, my wife recommends this club for the spring season as the price is reasonable for what you get. We are thinking of coming back next year, but never in the summer as it is comparatively too expensive then.

Weather was not very good and quite cold during the week with some rain showers the first two days and the last two days wre the nicest. So you are not guaranteed nice weather during Easter vacations. It did prevent us from meeting very nice people, enjoying good food and super activities.

Thank you again Mathieu !

Room Tip: Romarin cluster is closest to the center and restaurant. Request ground floor room if you have a tro...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Anthony a
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was our second trip with my parents, having stayed in Sept 2011. All the good points remained - location, food etc but the staff were SO MUCH better. This (and the great weather) made up for the maintenance issues in the rooms and communal areas mentioned in other reviews. Staff in general great but a particular mention of a few in particular: Thiery (Chef de Village) could not have been more hospitable - always friendly, engaging and good humoured without being instrusive. Jac (tennis coach) was superb. Made every effort to make the daily coaching sessions instructive, inclusive and fun. Caesar (walks organiser) made the daily walks interesting and relaxed. Kamal (?) in the boutique and key member of the spectacle team always had memorable, light hearted conversation whenever we bumpt into him - whether at the restaurant or by the pool. He should have his own TV show! Bar staff were also very obliging - more than happy to accommodate our often unconventional requests - including pastise with sparkling water!

its just proves what a difference good service makes. We're due to return this June. Hopefully we'll have the same great experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Remote location within beautiful gardens. I had always heard people rave about club med and I was really looking forward to my business stay. The actual resort is an eye sore. The rooms are at a 3 star level, no way luxurious or 5 star, no minibar, no coffee or tea, no iron, just one very small towel and a medium sized towel, bathroom was nice, toilette awful, cold air came through the windows. My room was on the 4th floor with no lift.

It rained the whole time we were there and the water filtered through the walls of the stairwell, flooding the stairs, making it very dangerous and rather unpleasant. There were other parts of the hotel that leaked too.

Receptionists are not very helpful at all and ignore you half of the time. It is supposed to be all inclusive but they charge you for the wifi at 4.50 Eur per hour or 20 Eur per day. The indoor pool is also charged at 75 Eur per week per person.

The food is ok but quite repetitive and not of a very good standard, I have been to plenty of all inclusive hotels and the food has been of a much higher standard. Coffee is terrible, so if you want a decent cup of coffee get it from the bar on the ground level and take it up to the breakfast buffet.

There is a mixture of staff there, some are very rude and others are somewhat helpful but they should all go through a customer service training.

Last but not least, they will not help you with your luggage when you leave. You have to take it to reception. As I was on the fourth floor with no lift, you can imagine how happy I was.

Would I go again and would I take my family - NO WAY!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are near the reception (like Mimosa) or near the swimming pool. Ask for rooms on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank DCT1
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Opio Provence, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear DCT1,

We are very sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with your accommodation arrangements during your stay in Opio en Provence. Please note that this resort is rated four Tridents in our brochure and that it would not therefore offer the same standards of comfort as our Luxury spaces or five Tridents. Minibar, coffee or tea are not provided in the room since all the drinks are included in the bar and the restaurant.

As far as the attitude of our staff is concerned, we were sorry to hear that you found some of our staff members to be rude and unhelpful. We can assure you that Club Med does certainly not condone such behaviour from members and staff and that this kind of attitude is just the antithesis of what Club Med staff should personify i.e. kindness, generosity and sense of service.

Concerning the indoor pool, you have to understand that Club Med does not offer exactly the same services for business trips and for holidays. The access to all the pools is included for the holiday-makers, as well as the Turkish bath or the Sauna and a lot of activities.

We hope despite the issues you have raised in your review, Club Med will remain an option for your next holiday and that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our company by welcoming you and your family to another Club Med resort in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Location is nice if you look for quite place and you do not want to be close to the sea. It is like 40 minutes drive from Nice. Nature in Opio is great, the gardens of the hotel as well but the rooms are quite poor for the money you pay. Everything inside of them is old and they urgently need renovation. I loved the food though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank betelguese
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opio
Chateau de la Begude
#1 of 1 in Le Rouret
Campanile Grasse - Chateauneuf
Campanile Grasse - Chateauneuf
#1 of 1 in Chateauneuf de Grasse

Been to Club Med Opio Provence? Share your experiences!