“Delicious Dinner, Beautiful View”
Review of The Lighthouse Grill - CLOSED

The Lighthouse Grill
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lighthouse Grill is now under new management and under a new name, efffective Sept. 15, 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place seems to be the local hot spot. Excellent meal at a reasonable price and great location.
It was very busy when we arrived for dinner, and service was a little slow, but was to be expected. If we wanted 'fast' food, we'd go to MacDonalds.

1  Thank Mike D
There are newer reviews for The Lighthouse Grill

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The meal was very enjoyable. Both my wife and I really enjoyed our meals and the location has a great view since it is on the point with the marina. Service was great too. Would recommend making a reservation in advance on the weekend.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited The Lighthouse Grill after seeing it mentioned on the St. Joseph Island Triathlon facebook page. We were expecting that the restaurant would be busy given that there was a large event taking place so we thought that we would give it a try expecting a wait and perhaps less than stellar seating. We also had dinner before 4:00 so missed the rush (there were more than 6 empty tables but possibly they were reserved). When we arrived we were asked if we had a reservation which we did not. The staff member that greeted us grimaced while the other waitress rolled her eyes. Clearly, we should have left at this point! We were told "fine" you can have one of two tables. We opted for the outdoor table which had a beautiful view of the water. There was a guitar player/singer who was inviting children to join him to play instruments. This was actually much better than it sounds (better than children running around unattended by their parents which is what it would have been had he not had them join him). He was quite clever! Our waitress took our drink order but refused to take our meal order at the same time even though we told her that we were ready to order (why you wouldn't want to get the order in to the kitchen as soon as possible I do not know). Our food arrived in a timely manner. I was pleased to have two vegetarian options. I went with the grilled vegetable sandwich which was delicious! My partner had the blue cheese alfredo which was disappointing as the sauce was not a rich sauce but instead more like a runny soup. We left the singer a tip instead of the waitress as he made our experience much more enjoyable.

Moreover, a group of our friends attempted to dine at the restaurant a little later in the evening. They were shocked how rude the staff was and did not end up dining there. Instead they went to Camille's IslandCafe where the service was stellar and the food was great. I would recommend skipping the Light House and visiting the cafe instead.

1  Thank veggies81
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Arrived by boat from Michigan with my wife and four other friends. None of us had been here before, but it was recommended. We were all very happy with our selections. We tend to share our food amongst each other so we were able to try several different things. The blue cheese alfredo was very good. One of us commented that the buffalo burger was the best he had ever had. Jerk chicken, sweet potato fries, buffalo carpaccio were all excellent. Open air dining was nice (but happened to be a little chilly. If I have anything to say about it...we will be back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Location is great, big parking area and access is good. We ate here twice - once for dinner and then came back for lunch. The wait staff are friendly and attentive. At dinner we had the tempura whitefish and vegetarian strudel. I am not a vegetarian - but I would definitely order this dish again - it was very good. For lunch we had sandwiches - mine was chicken with avocado and sprouts - and was just so fresh tasting. It also came with delicious sweet potato fries. The restaurant and outside deck look over the water and it is just a beautiful place to sit and sip a glass of wine. I would recommend it if you are travelling and looking for a nice relaxed place.