“St. Alberts Gem”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic
St. Albert, Canada
“St. Alberts Gem”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Luisa's has always been and will continue to be my favorite place to eat in St. Albert. Although the service has been slow at times, the servers are very quick to apologise and have given us free desserts to make up for the wait. It is no wonder that the wait for service is sometimes an issue as people around the St. Albert area are finally finding out about our well kept secret. The food is second to none and the atmosphere is a family one. Our wait would have gone unnoticed if we were just left to mule over some wine in the mean time.

• Visited May 2012

St. Albert, Canada
“Hands down the best restaurant in St. Albert”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We visit Luisa regularly, probably every two weeks, because we love the food, the owners, the staff, the atmosphere - and the fact that we are treated like family. Rocco and Rosa and their wonderful team make us so very welcome and never fail to wow! us with the delicious fare from the kitchen. On days when we can't make up our minds what we want, Rocco will put something together for us to share (remembering what we like from other times we've been in) and we are always delighted. Never had a bad experience there. In fact, I think we'll head over to Luisa Ristorante tonight!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank CarolynTS
St. Albert
“Hearty meal before the theatre”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Luisa's Ristorante is a quaint little restaurant in the heart of St. Albert, Alberta. They have some great starters. Their brushetta and sambucca shrimps are my favorites. They have a wide variety of homemade fresh pastas. This night most of us had the seafood lasagna. it was very good. They don't have a very large wine selection, but what they have covers the range of choices to compliment an Italian night out. The desserts are also very good.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Jdabroad56
Edmonton, Canada
“Best Italian Restaurant In St. Albert”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Traditional, family restaurant. Small but excellent food and great service. Everyone's meal was excellent, okay wine menu. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank OnTheGoCFO
alberta
“Really Good Meal”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We recently went to Louisa's after not having been there for a long time. We made a reservation for a Saturday evening and were seated immediately. We waited at least 10 minutes for someone to come to our table. When the waitress finally came to the table, she apologized and said that she and another waitress both thought the other was serving our table.

We ordered two appetizers: bruschetta, and shrimp in a sambuca sauce. I thought the bruschetta was very average... don't know why everyone was raving about it. The shrimp was very good.

Our appetizers arrived very, very quickly after ordering. As soon as we finished the appetizers, our entrees appeared. When we were done, the waitress was very quick to come over and ask if we wanted anything else. When we said we didn't, she brought the bill immediately.

Our entrees were really good. We both ordered pastas and they were delicious. Portion sizes were average. They weren't tiny, but I certainly didn't leave really full either.

Overall I thought that the food was very good at Louisa's. We had very pleasant service once they realized we were there. My only complaint was how much they rushed us out of there. It's a small restaurant, and they must want to move people in and out quickly in order to maximize the number of diners in an evening. I will go back, but probably on a weeknight when I want to get home quickly. If I want a nice dinner where we can take our time and relax I will go somewhere else.

I would have rated Louisa's a 4 if we hadn't been rushed and the portions were a little more generous. However, because of those factors I've rated it a 3.

• Visited November 2011