“All around great place to eat!”
Review of Sorrentino's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Edmonton, AB, Canada
“All around great place to eat!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

You don't just go to Sorrentino's for a meal... you "experience" it! The set up is unique in that you can have privacy for those romantic evenings out or enjoy a group setting for those big celebrations in life! They have well trained servers and the food is always cooked to perfection, It's always an enjoyable experience there!

Visited November 2012

Edmonton, AB
“Never again”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Absolutely stunned and amazed by our experience in the lounge at Sorrentino's, St. Albert last night.

Let me start with the positive: the food was edible. Barely. That's as good as it gets. That's what elevated my review from "terrible" to "poor".

Now ... like a previous reviewer, we too ordered the antipasto platter. However we were not warned that the $15.00 was per person. In fairness, it is actually printed on the menu. However, it is the smallest print -- just slightly visible -- and the lighting in the lounge is very dim. Had we been told that we'd be paying $30.00 for sub-par food, we would have given it a pass. But, that was a surprise that came at the end of our evening when the bill was presented. But before that ...

The real issue for our evening, and the reason we will never go back again, was the staff. Apparently, the bartender (and let me make this clear ... she was the bartender -- not the server ... this was something that she announced frequently and loudly) was very put out because a server had been sent home by another staff member (manager?). And how could she be expected to be behind the bar and serve tables????? Well???!!! Her vents were long and loud and she stormed around behind the bar in a very angry and aggressive manner. She said to another staff member (twice) "Some nights I love it and some nights I hate it." Well, just our luck ...

She clearly wanted to finish up early, as she had a friend sitting at the bar waiting to drive her home. I suspect that's why, just after my husband poured our second glass of wine, she stopped by to ask if we'd like our wine corked to take home. I asked her if it was okay if we stayed and drank it there. My sarcasm was lost on her.

We were amazed by her behaviour ... she'd stop by our table (I'll give her that) to ask "And how are we doing?" in that fake, perky, pleasant manner that way too many servers have adopted, and then she'd go back to the bar (approx. 12 feet away) to continue her tirade. Hello. We can hear you. She argued with another staff member (Aaron?) loudly and within hearing of customers (us). I'm sure she must have been very disappointed with the very small tip ($5.00) we left. Be assured that this is far below the 18 - 20% that we normally tip.

A thank you to another staff member (Isabella/Isabelle?) who did take one serving of the antipasto platter off our bill and reduced the wine by a nice percentage. That was very nice of you. Thank you. But even that was not enough to salvage an unbelievably unpleasant evening at Sorrentino's Lounge and certainly not enough to entice us to return ... ever. I don't know if management has noticed, but there are a lot more restaurants / bars in St. Albert now. A lot.

• Visited July 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Everything you expect from a "chain" restaurant”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Nice decor, good good but getting tired of pasta.

Never a bad meal, never anything that wows you.

Visited December 2011
St. Albert, AB. Canada
“Continues to disappoint”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have always been pleased with my food at the Sorrentino's in Little Italy but disappointed in my food at the St. Albert location. Thinking that my past few visits were just "off nights", my husband and I decided to give Sorrentino's another try last Saturday night for a drink and late night appetizer. Unfortunately, the food continued to be a disappointment. We initially ordered an Antipasto platter for $15.00 until the server (who was excellent) warned us that the price meant $15.00 per person. I can't imagine what sort of antipasto platter would cost $30.00. We then decided to go with a smaller platter of cheese and meat and to share a Panzanella (Italian Bread) salad. The menu says that this salad consists of tomato and bread salad, roasted
red peppers, olives, capers, fresh basil,romaine, tomato vinaigrette. The "bread" was croutons that appeared to have come out of a box, there was scant basil and the olives and red peppers tasted the same, like they had been marinating in the same liquid for some time. It was a bitter, overpowering taste at that. You could not taste either the olives or the red peppers. The salad was so unappetizing that we barely touched it. The smaller platter was okay but very uninspired consisting of 2 types of cheese cut into squares and slices of deli meats. The best part of our visit was the complimentary bread and balsamic vinegar. My husband ordered a Stella beer which we were told was on tap and was disappointed that his beer was warm. I had one glass of wine. I found the prices to be very expensive. This visit cost us close to $50.00.

• Visited May 2012
Madrid, Spain
“Best Italian Food In Edmonton”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Great dinner! Super menu, atmosphere and location!

Visited April 2012