“Meh ”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ric's Grill in St. Albert is a perfect place for either a business meeting or a lazy lunch with family and friends. Our lunch menu has a full array of soups, salads, and Ric's signature dishes. Our dinner menu combines traditional and original items with influences from around the world. At Ric's we take great pride in serving you the best.
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

After an amazing New Year's Eve supper here (see my previous review) we decided to come again for valentines day. We made a reservation for 730 and showed up early (had just arrived to town) at about 705. We waited to be seated until almost 900! We were not happy... Doesn't make for much of a romantic night when you wait over an hour and a half to be seated. We are usually quite calm and reasonable people, but everyone that came in after us got seated before us, conveniently after they complained to whom I assume is the manager walking around. We patiently waited our turn only to be pushed back again and again. When we finally did get seated, the food was mediocre at best and such a change from our first experience at Ric's. Both of our steaks were very fatty and lukewarm. Also saw the manager giving gift certificates to three couples that waited less time and got seated before us, and not a word of apology was spoken to us. I don't know if it's because we are younger than most of the crowd there (I'm in my late 20's and my husband in his late 30's). I'm not sure we will be giving Ric's a third try or not...

There are newer reviews for Ric's Grill

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Always a good experience. Love the white chocolate creme brûlée! Ric's signature coffee from the drinks menu is exceptional. Sandra is always a treat to have as a server.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I went to the rics grill in st albert last night with my husband and another couple. We all had wonderful meals and had a variety of items all delicious. Our server Sandra was sweet, funny and very helpful. I had forgotten my scarf there and I went back this afternoon and she remembered me and gave me back my scarf. I ended up bringing my friend there for lunch and again the same wonderful food and sweet server as I had experienced last night. I surely will return.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went on the recommendation of my hotel. looks like this restaurant has seen better days. My steak was excellent but the veggies, stuffed potato and caesar were nothing to write home about. The thing that really struck me was the dirty, frayed and wrinkled carpet. There was a lot of crumbs and food on the floor too ( watched a server wipe all the dirt from a table onto the floor). I am no clean freak but the lack of cleanliness turned me off somewhat.

1  Thank abdcfish
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate here for New Year's Eve. They had a special on for 75/pp for two appetizers, two entrees, two desserts, and two glasses of sparkling wine. My husband and I have never been before but since selection was limited as it was New Year's Eve we thought we would give it a try. Are we ever glad we did! This was some of the best food we have ever had. We had the stuffed mushrooms and scallops to start. My husband now loves scallops! I had the surf and turf for supper and he had the 14oz New York striploin. Both of our meals were cooked perfectly, including our steaks. We had the raspberry cheesecake and Creme brûlée for dessert and we were not disappointed in either. Overall an excellent meal with perfect service and a really good atmosphere. We will be back!

SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your New Years’ Eve experience at Ric’s Grill in St. Albert. It’s great when the excellence that we strive for in our food quality, service, value, and ambiance are noticed and appreciated by our customers.

We’ll make sure to pass your compliments along to our staff!

We look forward to having you come visit us again soon, in St. Albert or at any of our locations in Western Canada!

Happy New Year!