“Every time is new experience...”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ric's Grill in St. Albert is a perfect place for either a business meeting or a lazy lunch with family and friends. Our lunch menu has a full array of soups, salads, and Ric's signature dishes. Our dinner menu combines traditional and original items with influences from around the world. At Ric's we take great pride in serving you the best.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

From having such a lovely time with my husband and two children, I was quite surprised to see the poor reviews listed! The service was exemplary - our waiter was very friendly, asked if we were enjoying our food, and extra effort made by manager to find a nice drink for my youngest son who's very picky! As for the food, I thoroughly enjoyed my coconut Prawns - deliciously flavoured, and somehow reminded me of our holiday last year. Our waiter recommended the Ribs and Lamb which I have to say, were lovely, and a good size portion. Somehow I managed to conjure up enough room to share a homemade cheesecake with my husband - One word. YUM. My children also enjoyed their Mini Rics kids Burgers. The only thing I would comment on is though the main courses are quite filling, the starters could have been a little more generous, but maybe we're just a greedy family, haha. my son loved his Berrycrush so much we have had to promise to come back soon for another! Oh dear...

3  Thank Lisa M
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for your recent review of your dining experience at Ric’s Grill St. Albert last month. We really appreciate your specific feedback, and love to know when our customers are feeling the care and attention that we aim to provide.

We will review our portion sizes to make sure that we are providing good value for our appies as well.

We look forward to delighting you and your young diners again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a great spot to celebrate a special occasion - birthday - anniversary, or just to enjoy an evening out. - James & Debby

1  Thank James H
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thanks for your compliments and we hope to celebrate with you on a regular basis!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We found the service to be horrible, we where served by the manager. That being said, you would think the service would be top notch.
The food was alright, my steak came out great, my girl friends steak on the other hand came out really over done. For a $120 I'll go the keg instead!

Dear Landon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Ric`s Grill. Your feedback is very valuable to us in letting us know what we`re doing well, as well as what needs to be improved upon.

Frankly, I`m disappointed that your food was simply "alright", because at Ric`s Grill, we strive to have each guest expect and enjoy "great" food quality and service. I have messaged you privately and hope you will be kind enough to answer a few questions so I can learn more, particularly about the unacceptable service.

Please accept my apologies for your disappointing dining experience, and my thanks for providing information about this situation so we can remedy it for the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My first review for this restaurant was unsatisfacotry, however after my review I was contacted by the restaurant owner/manager who explained the reason for our bad experience. He offered my wife and I a free meal which we took him up on.
The food was fantastic, server was good and the manger ensured our experience was a lot better than the first time.
I am happy to update my restaurant review.

2  Thank Normand R
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Normand,

Thank you so much for giving us a second chance. We appreciate your understanding that occasionally we have an off-day and mistakes happen, and are thrilled that your second experience reflected the food and service standards that Ric’s Grill is proud of.

We look forward to our next opportunity to have you come back and delight you!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have always enjoyed the food at Ric's, but it is a bit on the pricy side. We did go with friends on a Sunday night to enjoy the Senior's Prime Rib and it was wonderful. Very tasty and a great value.

1  Thank Laura W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for continuing to come back and enjoy our restaurants. As you probably already know, our food is made daily from scratch with fresh, high quality, ingredients. We have no need for preservatives, or microwaves. Our steaks are Alberta beef from High River and hand cut daily. Desserts are also made in house daily, from scratch. The result is that our food can be “a touch pricier” than other restaurants, but we work hard to maintain excellent value for our customers, and feel confident that you can taste the difference.

And, the prime rib is one of my faves as well!

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to delighting you again soon!