“love the steaks”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ric's Grill in St. Albert is a perfect place for either a business meeting or a lazy lunch with family and friends. Our lunch menu has a full array of soups, salads, and Ric's signature dishes. Our dinner menu combines traditional and original items with influences from around the world. At Ric's we take great pride in serving you the best.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love Ric's grill. The food is amazing, especially the boursin merlot steak. They have a good wine list. It has a lovely atmosphere, very comfortable.

2  Thank backpackerkait

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went for a Sunday dinner (6:00) a couple weeks ago with my in-laws. There were maybe four other couples in restaurant so not busy. We waited about 30 minutes after being seated but our server never came back. The male server who walked past our table a couple times didn't seem to notice we were sitting there with our menus closed. I popped my head above the booth to try to get a server or kitchen staff or someone, but everyone continued to ignore us, including the girl in the kitchen FACING us texting on her cellphone.

We finally got some attention, and the manager showed up and offered us a couple free appetizers for our wait. I'm glad they were free as I think they were something like $15 for 6 boring coconut prawns. The mushroom caps were very good though. The food finally arrived and that's the only thing that wasn't disappointing. Also, don't look up at the little hanging lights as they're covered in dust which is not appetizing.

Finally when we were ready to leave, my mother-in-law paid the bill, removed her card, and handed the machine back to the server when it prompted. The server said the machine turned off, so did the transaction go through? So the server went to check the main machine as we were fairly confident it would have gone through if the machine got to the "hand back to server" screen. The server came back with the list of transactions and said "No, you'll have to pay again if that's okay". So my mother-in-law told the server what she had paid and the server looked through the transactions and said "I don't see it" to which my husband requested to look at the transactions. He pointed out the exact amount on the sheet, which had a time stamp, and asked if anyone had paid in the last 5 minutes. The server said no but still didn't quite grasp the concept that the payment was on the list and apparently would have quite happily taken the money again. We eventually got that sorted out but were made to feel like we were dine and dashing.

In any case, the food was good but the service and wait time was terrible. For $25-50 an entree, I would rather go to The Keg.

1  Thank andh_19
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We choose Rics as our 11 anniversary dinner because we had some costo gift certificates. But it turned out as a one of the nice dinner for anniversary. We went there on saturday night where it was very quiet because of long weekend but Pankaj was very professional to make our anniversary dinner perfect. He made our night. We had Shrimp Salad and Goat salad which was amazing we asked him to keep that freeze to save some room for our steaks. Steaks were cooked perfect and it was all good..... will be definitely back before our next Anniversary.....

3  Thank 01Nick1965
Reviewed July 2, 2013

great meals, not too expensive, nice atmosphere plus very professional service. Manager (I think Uros was his name) and Brooke (server) were super friendly. I will be back there for sure.

3  Thank Master M
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We used Ric's Grill for our golf tournament's pre-game BBQ. They grilled on site and provided delicious steak sandwiches. The steak was beautifully seasoned accompanied by sauteed mushrooms and onions on a crispy bun - so yummy! I would recommend checking out this place if you are ever visiting downtown St. Albert!

3  Thank Danielle G