“Very Good”

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Good”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Took guests for dinner and we were all pleasantly surprised at the wonderful ambience and great menu choices. My husband being of Ukranian decent thoroughly enjoyed the homemade perogies and cabbage rolls plus the many specialty choices.

Being a dessert lover I highly recommend the lemon poppy seed cake

The restaurant is very deceiving on the outside but once inside it has the feel of old Eastern Europe. Very tastefully decorated and the artwork that graces the walls adds a nice touch and is for sale as well

We are thinking about returning for lunch tomorrow.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank lmochinski

St. Albert, Canada
“Great Ukrainian Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here for a birthday treat for a friend. The food was excellent, service was great and the atmosphere outstanding. The price for the meal was very reasonable.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank margaret c
St. Albert, Canada
“Something different”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went here once, and although it was good, i can't say it stands out in my mind as a place i would regularly want to go. In typical ukrainian style, the food is quite rich with butter and cream sauces, which is good so long as you know what to expect.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Heather R
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent Authentic Ukrainian Dining”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our group of four dined at Taste of Ukraine on a Wednesday evening. Service was friendly and helpful. The menu has a number of selections and it was difficult to decide what to choose. We all enjoyed our selections and did not have room for dessert. We loved the colorful decore and the Ukrainian items on display. We will definately be going back again.

• Visited October 2012
Spruce Grove
“Good Time”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to Taste of Ukraine on a Saturday night. It was very busy and you really need to make a reservation. It's not a very big place. Our server was very friendly professional. A++ to her for sure. I started off with the caviar and vodka appetizer. It was better than I expected with great little potato crepes and awesome homemade pickles. One lady had Sauerkraut soup and said it was good too. For main courses 2 of us had ribs with a Cherry sauce. It was kind of a weird pairing to me but it was actually quite good. The ribs were tender and tasty. My wife had the Chicken Kiev and her sister a chicken crepe thing that actually wasn't very good. Chicken Kiev was OK. The sauce wasn't very good. The side dishes I ordered(included with the meal) were good after I added a little salt. I can't tell you the name of it but it was a potato bun with dill and sauerkraut was good. My wife had little crepes that were bland as well until she put some salt. Over all we really enjoyed our dinner experience and would definitely go here again. It is very authentic.

• Visited October 2012