“Something different”

Cuisines: Ukrainian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went here once, and although it was good, i can't say it stands out in my mind as a place i would regularly want to go. In typical ukrainian style, the food is quite rich with butter and cream sauces, which is good so long as you know what to expect.

2  Thank Heather R

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our group of four dined at Taste of Ukraine on a Wednesday evening. Service was friendly and helpful. The menu has a number of selections and it was difficult to decide what to choose. We all enjoyed our selections and did not have room for dessert. We loved the colorful decore and the Ukrainian items on display. We will definately be going back again.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to Taste of Ukraine on a Saturday night. It was very busy and you really need to make a reservation. It's not a very big place. Our server was very friendly professional. A++ to her for sure. I started off with the caviar and vodka appetizer. It was better than I expected with great little potato crepes and awesome homemade pickles. One lady had Sauerkraut soup and said it was good too. For main courses 2 of us had ribs with a Cherry sauce. It was kind of a weird pairing to me but it was actually quite good. The ribs were tender and tasty. My wife had the Chicken Kiev and her sister a chicken crepe thing that actually wasn't very good. Chicken Kiev was OK. The sauce wasn't very good. The side dishes I ordered(included with the meal) were good after I added a little salt. I can't tell you the name of it but it was a potato bun with dill and sauerkraut was good. My wife had little crepes that were bland as well until she put some salt. Over all we really enjoyed our dinner experience and would definitely go here again. It is very authentic.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My traveling companion, an Australian, is of Ukrainian & Polish heritage so I thought that a Ukrainian dinner would be a nice treat for him in the Edmonton area. We were also meeting up with some of my cousins, and a friend of mine from the area. Most of us had had perogies/pyrogies and not much else of Ukrainian food, but all were game to try it.
The food was excellent, considered very authentic by a couple of the group who were knowledgeable of the cuisine. All I know is that I enjoyed my whole meal, the service, and the prices.
I would go back again when I'm next in Edmonton and try some of the other dishes. Really liked the chicken kyev, with sauerkraut, and the cheese pyrogies, and the beet salad to start. The fruit pyrogies for dessert were great, too.

2  Thank CanadianJane1957
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I couldn't ask for a better Ukrainian dinner. The service was excellent and the food is second to none. It's not your Baba's ukraininan, it's better.

2  Thank dbstalbert