“Friendly”

Best Western Plus The Inn at St. Albert
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St. Albert
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The front desk clerk Megan was very helpful,the room was very clean and well stocked with necessities.The breakfast had a good selection of things all in all a very clean and well located Hotel and a good value.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gmbwsa, Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn at St. Albert, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you so much Randall for posting a review here on Tirp Advisor. We here at the Best Western Plus are always happy to hear that our guests have enjoyed there stays with us. If I could be of any assistance to you in the future please contact me directly at 1 780 470 3800.

1 780 470 3800

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Wow! What a great stay! The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable. I love their new "Clean Remote" program and the fact that lots of things are ecofriendly. The only downside was that our hotel room was freezing when we arrived. The staff were apologetic and were very helpful. The free breakfast was fantastic! The location of the hotel was perfect! If you're planning on doing anything in St. Albert or even Edmonton, it's a perfect place for a hotel. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Not by the Tim Horton's (north side of hotel). It could be noisy with the drive-thru right there...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for submitting a response here on Trip Advisor. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests had a wonderful stay with us. As for the entering a cold room we so do appologize for that we are continuely training our staff in consisitancy expecially in keeping the room temps in the winter at a warm 21 or so degrees. We thank you again and hope to see you again in the future. If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate in calling me directly at 1 780 470 3800.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

It was an evening night out in the city for my wifes birthday,I had booked the Jacuzzi suite on line for the the night but when we arrived the booking was messed up and for the nextday so I was not able to get the room, kinda dissapointed, but they put us in an "executive" room, it was ok . Room was Quite, exept for the wall heater cycleing on and off. had a good sleep.Breakfast was good but got to be a little crowded, Over all it was ok.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much Mark for the review that you posted here on Trip Advisor. We appologize for any inconviences that you may have had upon checking in. I will be sure to pass your comments to my staff, in hopes that the types of issues you incountered will not happen again. We here at the Best Western take pride in giving all our guests the best expererience ever. I sure hope that you will give us another try. Thank you again and if I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate in contacting me directly at 1 780 470 3800.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Since the day it opened I have stayed there at least a dozen times. They have great family rooms where there is a small separate bedroom with 2 twin beds for the kids with their own tv. They also have awesome getaway rooms for a couple needing a night away with a 2 man jacuzzi and a fireplace in the room. All rooms are very affordable and the continental breakfast was a perfect start to your day. I have stayed in many hotels in the Edmonton area over the years and none compares to the quality and service I get from The Best Western Plus in St. Albert. I will only stay there for all of my future visits to Edmonton.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night while on business. It definitely filled the bill and I had absolutely no problems at all. Check in was probably the quickest I've experienced and they offer an auto checkout feature so you don't have to go through that process in the morning. I woke up in the morning and sure enough there was my receipt slipped under my door. I wasn't able to use any of the amenities like the gym so I can't comment on the quality there. The room was very nice with a stand up shower vs. a bath tub. I love this and I am happy to see more and more hotels taking this approach. No one ever takes a bath at the hotel anymore. At least I never have. The WiFi which is extremely important to me was excellent. They allow for a wired connection which I found was faster than using my air card. You still have to sign into their network with the provided password but it seemed very fast. A+ for that alone! The bed is probably the only place where they lack a little. The bedding itself and pillows were awesome but the bed was a little harder than some places. I find Holiday Inn Express has the the best beds. The morning breakfast was about the same as most places I've stayed. Very good with some hot choices and a good variety of everything else (toast, bagels, pastries, cereal, etc). It is included with your stay so what can you possibly say bad about a "free" breakfast? There is a Tim Horton's/Wendy's in the same parking lot so that was awesome. Also a 7-11 across the street. What more could you ask for? All in all I highly recommend this hotel when in St. Albert. The only other hotel nearby doesn't even come close to this place, so even bother with the St. Albert Inn! Check out my other review of that dump. Although this place seemed a bit pricey, $160 for the night. They would get a 5 rating if not for that and the bed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was the first trip we have taken our havanese with us. She was warmly welcomed with small doggy bag of puppy cookies. The shampoo was a really ice brand made exclusively for the Best Western. We required an accessible room it would have been nice to have a bench in the shower of the accessible room like in the other rooms

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Hyatt Place Edmonton-West
#12 of 93 in Edmonton
Place LaRue
Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Been to Best Western Plus The Inn at St. Albert? Share your experiences!