“Great Sleep, Nice Rooms”

Best Western Plus The Inn at St. Albert
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St. Albert
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Great Sleep, Nice Rooms”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Attended a family funeral and stayed at the Best Western hotel management was great they provide us with a group room to visit all we had to do is get a liqour licence....

Rooms are new and clean. Though my room only had a shower.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We were blown away with our stay at St. Albert Best Western! The accommodations were top notch and second to none.

We Travel frequently with our two dogs and are used to being booked into substandard "pet friendly" rooms with questionable linens and stained carpeting. This was NOT the case with this hotel.

Our suite was clean, comfortable and professionally decorated with high end features such as high thread count linens, LCD tvs, marble countertops to mention a few.

A friendly, caring staff and well maintained property also added to our enjoyable experience. We actually extended our stay in The Edmonton area just to have another night at this hotel!

Room Tip: Request a King Suite on the first floor if you have pets. The exits are convenient and there is a sm...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacksmom_9
Winnipeg
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I decided that for a trip home for the holidays would be best enjoyed if we had our own space. So we booked a hotel room...at St. Albert Inn. After driving by the Best Western, we decided to take a look at the rooms and ask about rates. SO GLAD WE DID!! we have 3 children, from 3-10yrs and a dog. We could have gotten a pet friendly room, but decided against it. Our dog is a bit of a nervous nellie and did better at my parents place. Darlene showed us around, the Breakfast room, the pool, the gym, and finally the double queen room. The breakfast room serves awesome food from 6am-10am. The pool is open from 9am-10pm( I think) After going to visit the "suite" we had booked at the OTHER hotel, it really was a no brainer. We cancelled with the other and booked with Darlene at the Best Western. Our family of 5 were very comfortable in the room and ate a wonderful breakfast every morning. It was so nice to not have to rush out in the morning to get every one fed, either at my parents place or at a restaurant...The pool was a big hit for the kids and the hot tub was a hit for my husband and I. After a loooong drive my aching back was happy for it. Always smiling happy staff to help, answer questions and just to chat. So friendly! Even other patrons were happy too. Honestly staying here made my holidays virtually perfect! I even used the gym to keep holiday calories at bay. Rooms were cleaned when we asked. Extra towels were provided quickly too. With 3 kids..that was daily! I will stay here again, no problem! I will reccommend this hotel freely too. Perfect location, with Tim Hortons just next door and the mall within walking distance. That being said, rooms were quiet! We are country people so the loudest noises we hear is snowmobiles and dirtbikes...the St. Albert Trail noise was barely audible.

All in all, we are EXTREMELY happy with our experience and even though we only go "home" every other year, I would gladly do this every year now!!! Oh and the cost was MUCH less than the older, dingy, dirty, non-breakfast providing St. Albert Inn. My kids didn't miss the waterslide AT ALL! If you are parents and bringing children, bring pool toys, goggles etc. We forgot and were not able to find anything cheap in dollar stores, Canadian Tire and Zellers are right accross the St. Albert Trail. I wasn't about to buy a whole new bunch a pool/beach toys for 5 days...some of you might though.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2011

just stayed at another Best Western Plus (Rockville, MD) that had disappointed me because it was in an old building and the whole hotel looked and felt shabby. I had booked that hotel because of my very positive experience here at BW Plus in St Albert's so I thought I should come back here and make sure that I left a comment as well. This BW Plus in St Alberts is why I had decided to book at other Best Western Pluses. My mistake was in not checking/knowing that a NEW best western plus in a NEW building makes all the difference and I should just ignore ones that are not. Lesson learned. :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2011

When we made reservations it was for three nights. We received a confirmation number and I always carry it with me when I travel.

When we checked in we were told that our reservation was only for one night. I said no it was for three nights and I produced the confirmation number to back up my claim. The Desk clerk took a copy of it and said that they were fully booked for Saturday and Sunday.

I informed them that I didn't care about them being fully booked that I was here and I was not leaving.

We weren't in our room more that 10 minutes when they phone and told us the only way they could accomodate us was to move us into an Executive Suite for the three nights. We told them that it would be acceptable and we moved.

When I checked out there was no additional charge for the upgrade.

Room Tip: The hotel is pet friendly and only has showers in rooms that aren't designated pet friendly. R...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We found it hard to get a hotel room that weekend in Edmonton,but lucked out and got one here,although it was a jacuzzi suite and pricey,we had no choice.The room was spacious,and comfy,with the guest amemnities you would expect in the price range.Overall this recently built hotel is nice and clean,I found the staff quite outgoing and greeting you where ever you went in the place.We had a late check in,and the line of people waiting in the lobby was growing,but the lady at the front desk still kept her cool and managed to get it all done,so it was a slow check in,but went well. We had a top floor room,and found it quiet,even with a tour bus full of hockey kids,I never heard a peep.Parking is adequate,and you are in walking distance of many things do do or to get some eats.If you have to get in your car,youre not far from a mall,filling station,and a Walmart down the trail.I found it easy enough to get into the lot also.
Theres a pool area,sorry no waterslide!! but its enough to fill the need for a swim,and a small weight room also.Looks like thers a small meeting room off to the side of the bigger breakfast room,which I enjoyed going for the breakfast each day! One kitchen staff member was a little rude and bossy I observed while dealing with guests in the room,she must have been stressed that weekend..
Overall a pleasant experience,and it just might convince me to keep driving down St.Albert Trail away from my usual place to stay and go here again.

Room Tip: Book ahead,confirmation number.Strive to get a top floor,pricey but quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at a number of properties in our travels, this property offered clean rooms and comfortable beds. What our complaint was the front desk check in and check out. Terribly slow! The staff while pleasant were slow to check us in and because of the rush of guests to leave front desk was understaffed and inexperienced. It should not take 20 minutes to check in and out.

• Stayed October 2011
Chateau Nova Yellowhead
#31 of 93 in Edmonton
Place LaRue
Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Been to Best Western Plus The Inn at St. Albert? Share your experiences!