“TOO PERFECT!!!!!!”
Review of La Casa del Malecon - CLOSED

La Casa del Malecon
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Excellent and very fresh seafood including fish, shrimp, octopus prepared in a number of ways and presented beautifully. Also available are steaks, pizza and chicken, though they are not on the menu. Located in a gorgeous property that used to be a home, facing the beach. MUCH nicer than any other restaurant I have visited in Progreso. Full bar. Swimming pool and even a couple of hammocks! An excellent spot, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner Wednesday thru Monday.
Birmingham, Alabama
“TOO PERFECT!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

What an amazing day we had here! Beautiful place. Amazing food!
The BEST coconut shrimp I have ever had. My husband and I were in progresso on a cruise. For under 50.00 including tip we spent the day drinking margaritas
Eating fabulous food and lounging in the pool. Service was amazing food five star and the owner Jorge is delightful. Beach across street too beautiful.
a fabulous hidden carribean gem.

1 Thank Lesalynn

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food but felt ripped off.”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I found this restaurant on this site and we went for lunch. The atmosphere was fabulous. The food was very good and the service was great in the beginning. They started to get busy and the service went downhill from there. When paying our bill I calculated what I thought the Peso to US dollar was and they told me I owed more. Signs are posted everywhere on what the exchange rate is and at that point I felt ripped off. I payed the bill and left. I enjoyed everything about this place until paying the bill. Beware of that

1 Thank Amyrk
Yucatan
“Good looks, terrible service”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The restaurant will attract your attention with its garden, pool and terrace. I only went there once and regretted it. Waited more than two hours for Our food. The place was full and apparently they have too few waiters. In the end they appologized and said something about some problem in the kitchen. Anyway they should have explained earlier.

1 Thank Zaci
Odem, TX
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We heard about this place here, on Trip Advisor. What a find!
After taking the bus from our ship to town, we walked down the Malcone (strip?) to find the restaurant. Just keep going past all the other touristy places. It's just past the police station.
We were the only ones there! Great service. We got chips and salsa right away. The menu is in Spanish and English, so there wasn't a problem ordering. Our waitstaff didn't speak English, but we did just fine pointing and our version of Spanish! :-). My husband ordered the coconut fried shrimp. Was excellent! I got the fried fish. Not what I expected, but it was my fault. The dessert was to die for! The atmosphere was very tranquil, which is what we were wanting. Absolutly recommend!!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Lchris24
Kansas City, MO
“Best part of Progreso”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We visited La Casa del Malecon while on a cruise recently that stopped in Progreso. The owner is a sweet man who was educated in the states but lives in Merida. It was incredibly hot the day we were in Progreso but La Casa del Malecon was an oasis with it's palm trees, courtyard and swimming pool. To find it, just walk past all the OTHER places on the ocean front main area and it is about 3/4 of a mile directly across from the ocean. They gave us each a tequilla shot, chips, salsa, and guac. You have to try the Camarones Mojo de Ajo, a delicious shrimp dish. There ceviche was perfect- possibly the best I've ever had! The food was excellent, the service great, and the oasis much needed.

• Visited May 2012